I think fractals = ruined now

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vik Flagge.8324

Vik Flagge.8324

Way to reward people that did not earn their way to high level fractals the ability to run high level fractals. All this has proved is if you cry and complain enough you can get your way.

Fractals in not a normal dungeon. It gets harder and harder as you go on and as you progress through the level you get better and better at it. A simple explanation is not enough at higher levels and all it takes is getting a hard fractal as 3rd instance with one weak link and you just wasted an hour of precious game time. Just because you got 2 rings doing a few level 10’s and bought a back piece does not mean you have what it takes to not be that weak link. If you want to be “casual” then do level 10. Why are we giving people the chance to do 20+ when they did not earn it? DC’s were the main problem. The LFG site took care of finding groups.

However I will agree that is does get hard at 40+ to find a group so perhaps it would have been smarter to only all allow guesting if you are at least at level 30. Who on earth though it would be a good idea to let anyone who got lucky and acquired 2 rings at a few lvl 10s the ability to jump right into higher levels.? All you are doing is wasting the valuable time of people who earned that rank.

You can go ahead and call me an elite or whatever, but I’ve spent plenty of time helping people, as I have 4 alts that can run 20 plus and every time I ran a new character through those lower levels I took the time to teach people what I had learned.

I have a followers list too long to count of people that have added me because of this kindness however it is still blowing my mind that anet has given the privilege of running higher level fractals to any old joe. It makes absolutely no sense at all to me.

Since its only hard to find groups at 35+ perhaps the more intelligent thing to do would be allow guesting if you are at least to scale 30 of even 20 would be acceptable. For the most part if you can get to 20 you know what you are doing and are less likely to waste peoples valuable game time. (honestly though, as someone who runs 4 lvl 20+ daily’s a day, I run across many many many people every day that were clearly carried to that level).

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Didn’t you create this thread already somewhere? Sounds familiar.

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Have people link AR gear before bringing them to much higher level fractals.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

Posted by: Tiderus.3861

Tiderus.3861

Soo this thread probably got deleted, and now it returns. Wonder how long before it gets deleted again….

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

You can go ahead and call me an elite or whatever, but I’ve spent plenty of time helping people, as I have 4 alts that can run 20 plus and every time I ran a new character through those lower levels I took the time to teach people what I had learned.

I’m not going to call you elite. You’re anything but elite. You’re an elitist, entitled, QQing puppy who can’t stand casual people having a fun time in this game..

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: ketzuken.2518

ketzuken.2518

Excuse me if i am wrong but why would people who are are lvl 10 want to do 20 if its harder, lvl 10 rewards and will only go up to lvl 11. Surely those who do are gimping themselves.

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

You do realize that when you take a player that only made it to level 10 into a level 40 fractal, they only get level 10 loot/rewards. The also only gain Fractal progress of 1 level.

There is no problem, stop acting like there is.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

The only way this is a problem is if someone no AR tries to join a lvl 15 or 20 run. Instead of linking AR, I feel as though people should be asking in chat “LFM fotm lvls 10-20”…to get people who are 10-20. Anet should have gone the way of brackets. Not sure why they didnt.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Maybe they should have restricted it a bit more. Make it so that if you’re level 1 you can only join up to 10. And if you’re level 11 you could only join up to 20 and so on.

It wouldn’t stop people from kicking people so their guild mates can join them or whatever but it would stop people from joining games where they aren’t geared for it.

Have people link AR gear before bringing them to much higher level fractals.

That won’t work because when you link your rings it doesn’t show the infusions you have in them. Though it does show the hard infusion.

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

i don’t think people are going to go ahead and run 20 when they have 3 unlocked. and if i can do 19 successfully when i only have 10, why shouldn’t i be able to do it?

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Thank God this thread came back. I still have the response i wanted to give u in the clipboard:

I’m the OP, and god do I hate fan boys that defend anet just for the sake of being fan boys.

… yada yada yada…

Anyone who frequents high level fractals will agree. Anyone who is a fanboy troll will continue to flame. Bottom line, fractal mechanics RUINED.

No1 being a fanboy nor defending ANet! We are against your elitist crap that is making you sound like a kitten : “How the stupid morons are ruining my fun, QQ”

If you get low level players in your fractals run, than it’s entirely your fault that it happens. Your screening process (like… AR over 9000+ required) was not good. Tell them to show their gear also…

Cheers!

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

it is a great change.
My guild has ppl at different levels and someone had to repeat low level fractals to help others. Now we can do it at max level, filling the group with someone some level below.
Try to look at it in the right way. It’s not a lvl 2 running lvl 40 … it’s a lvl 38 running lvl 41 and everyone will go up.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Not sure… but it seems as if the OP is saying:

“It is not enough that I should succeed – others should fail.”

You should be happy that people that don’t want to mindlessly grind out fractals all the time have another way to try out higher fractals. You’re included in that btw. You now have more options… and you’re complaining?

The dev’s said long ago that they would be giving people access to ascended gear in all parts of the game and they regretted that it was only in fractals… they also said they weren’t happy with how they implemented fractal levels in the first place. They came through a bit with this patch. YAY!

I’m still waiting on ascended from WvW… but that’ll hopefully be apart of next month’s patch.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Posted by: Marxo.3829

Marxo.3829

Jeez it even says right in your window when you enter that you only get the reward level for your personal highest fractal if you are going higher. All these people are doing is playing a harder dungeon and getting the lower rewards.

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

It seems like many players go only with pug, not with guild.
I my guild if somebody is bad at high lvl fractal, there will be a group of player that will go lower lvls to train him.
Or just now, there is a bunch of alt becoming main,but those are at lvl 1. So we will be going lvl10 now. Lvl 1 can handle it,lvl 20 will still get some reward.
It is not about lvl 1 going lvl 40 fractal. It is about close lvls can go together.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Because TC, not EVERYBODY has been able to find groups to run fractals with. Hell, I’ve been stuck at level 7 fractals for quite a while due to that.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

Haha if you are looking for a hardcore PvE game that only rewards your commitment to grinding the game, you aren’t playing the right one. You know you can buy every legendary weapon with a credit card right?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Way to reward people that did not earn their way to high level fractals the ability to run high level fractals. All this has proved is if you cry and complain enough you can get your way.

And how exactly is that a reward, seeing as they get all the difficulty of the higher fractals, but the drops limited to their actual level anyway? And they still advance with their old rate.

The only reason why such people might want to run at higher levels is because there is noone at lower ones to group with. It’s still best for them to stay as close to their real level as possible.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

ran fractal 16 today even though I’m only level 13. Easier to find a group and we did just fine. Loving the new system so far.

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Okay, it’s 3am here so if I get this wrong I am sorry but it sounds to me like you’re saying people get the same rewards if they’re from a lower fractal lvl? That is WRONG, I ran Fractals lvl10 with some guildies and I’m only at lvl2 Fractals. I got no rings or anything other than what I usually get (the basic stuff like vials of condensed mists I think they’re called, never really cared for fractals because they’re so boring.).

Posted by: cdsmith.1072

cdsmith.1072

I am glad some people like fractals. My entire guild dislikes them intensely. The general consensus is that Fractals are what we were all afraid would happen when they announced jumping in GW2. Fractals became Super Mario meets MMO World.

Posted by: Scootabuser.4915

Scootabuser.4915

I can understand where OP is coming from, and I feel like this is something relevant to this discussion.

http://tinyurl.com/amrs7b2

Insert Personal Achievements and/or Youtube Channel Here

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

the only problem with fractals is you have to get to level 30 before you’ve ran out of reasons to run it. the gear should be scaled down further so you can get the amulets and weapons by 20 instead of 30 so it doesn’t feel like so much of a grind. Aside from unlocking the dailies, there’s no reason to go above 30 right now.

If the highest significant level for fractals was 20 more players could partake and fewer people would complain about how the gear is distributed if you ran with lower level players.

I mean if you introduce agony resist and the only reason to run higher level fractals is for the resist, why bother? Let players unlock the chance to get weapons sooner.

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

I actually do frequent higher level Fractals. The problem isn’t with the system but with the player. If you’re taking lower level people that are doing it for the first time, that problem lies with you.

If you’re taking people that are level 30 on an alt and really don’t want to look for group for level 1 and then level 2 and HOPE that people are actually doing these level of Fractals, then you can expect a clear improvement in gameplay.

Ascended gear is now more readily available outside of Fractals through the use of Laurels. I can have my guardian with 15-20 Agony Resist before I even get into Fractals. They’re by no means difficult with an organised group. This benefits people with friends or guild members who want to take different classes through the Fractals without hoping to find that level 1 party.

I think more here is being said about your level of ability if you have to worry about other people and a number associated with them.

Posted by: omerk.2709

omerk.2709

Throughout this post I didn’t see you complain about people that haven’t done story and are doing explore mode.

Don’t you just hate those kittens? They pay the same money you paid. They run a normal life, unlike you, and they want to do explore mode dungeons without story.
I suggest that the police will handle them criminals. They ruin the game.

Every time an ability is nerfed, the ones who did it at the initial difficulty begin to moan even though they will never do the low level again.