I love debate
[Kr] Dungeon Speedclear & Fractals
www.keep-running.fr

I thought china release was more important

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

LOVE that drum

Check out near the end when Maclaine Diemer makes an appearance and speaks briefly about the music he’s created for Season 2 Living World. He mentioned a 30 minute orchestral piece and that he was flying out “to far away lands to record exotic music”.

Since sound is generally the last thing they do, it must be getting close!

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

Hi can’t access the stream from work. Could u describe it so I can share in your outrage?

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

Hi can’t access the stream from work. Could u describe it so I can share in your outrage?

I take it the China release seems like a big deal, but the latest live stream featured the three of the people that worked on the Frame Drum.

I don’t understand the outrage, but i also understand the China release doesn’t really impact us, beyond the revenue it may generate. I also recognize that a company has multiple teams working on different things.

Posted by: A R W E N.6895

A R W E N.6895

well seems like 90% of the company works toward gem store stuff since thats all we see

Go on the facebook page, almost everything there is gem store related.

I love debate
www.keep-running.fr

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Meanwhile

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/4223496

…..

Hey guys, look at this great drum.

As was said, sound is the last thing you add. It is no big deal.

(edited by Dusty Moon.4382)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I really enjoyed that particular Livestream. And the little heads-up at the end was quite interesting! =)

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

How can you talk about a stupid drum for 50 minutes?!

This gives a grim insight to GW2 real development.

Posted by: ViciousVyne.2935

ViciousVyne.2935

China release !

Attachments:

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Lol dude nah, chinese gw2 is already effed up.

tons of people got hacked for no reason and hackers traded every single gem they got to gold

and gold gem convert rate got skyrocketed, gold become kitten cheap in one single night. and now hackers are controlling the TP with gold they hacked, you can see dusk with 5000 gold and every other precursors.

and the company is trying to deny it, they don’t want to admit that their economy just crashed and failed.

watch the graphic. insane. all in one single day.

Attachments:

(edited by Simon.3794)

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

I didn’t realize they lost James Boer as well. That is too bad. So much top quality talent has drained out from that company right under our noses.

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

China release !

never say no to panda

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: Gearbox.2748

Gearbox.2748

“great”——— 50min drum talk……

Here is an idea… stop kittening making the annoying instruments! and get pack to fixing the game.-

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

Here is an idea… stop kittening making the annoying instruments! and get pack to fixing the game.-

“Dear Anet Audio department, Please refocus your efforts towards game balance. Put those music composition degrees to good use!”

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

“Dear Anet Audio department, Please refocus your efforts towards game balance. Put those music composition degrees to good use!”

I guess that means they’d have to pull Mr. Diemer out of composing and recording music and send him back to school to learn how to use a computer

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

strange how you of all people run out of complaints as to pretend you do not understand that different people do different things in a company…

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

So did the other “Where’s new content?” post drop to page 2 or something? Or am I misinterpreting the intent, and this is another, “How dare they make gem store items when we haven’t seen new content in weeks!” post?

A R W E N.6895

I’m simply bringing up new discussions for everyone hihi.

I love debate
www.keep-running.fr

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

tons of people got hacked for no reason and hackers traded every single gem they got to gold

and gold gem convert rate got skyrocketed, gold become kitten cheap in one single night. and now hackers are controlling the TP with gold they hacked, you can see dusk with 5000 gold and every other precursors.

and the company is trying to deny it, they don’t want to admit that their economy just crashed and failed.

It didn’t crash and fail, quite the opposite, it’s working exactly as intended. Everyone is buying gems with RL money and exchanging it for gold. Arena makes dollah dollah bills, yo $ _ $

AND, there’s 1,3 BILLION Chinese people. Thats 4 Chinese gamers for every 1 American gamer which also means 4 times as much money. AND their economy is booming right now, China entered their golden industrial age.

It all makes sense.

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

The audioquality was pretty bad for the fact that they had an Audio Engine Programmer on camera.

I think all those guys from ANet should stream more often and less forced, maybe also less long, so they get more confident. They all look so stiff.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Tell that audio programmer to make an ABC music player.

I’m a composer, not a player.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

It didn’t crash and fail, quite the opposite, it’s working exactly as intended. Everyone is buying gems with RL money and exchanging it for gold. Arena makes dollah dollah bills, yo $ _ $

Erm… You guys know that turning gems into gold drives the ratio DOWN, not up?

That graph shows people buying gems with gold.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Some things on china are pretty ridiculous:

-Precursors with many buy orders above what they are in NA/EU (the game has been out less than 2 weeks and people are placing buy orders for precursors for 1-2k gold)

-People listing common white items for ~5,000+ gold (to put this into perspective, it costs 250gold JUST to list these items that won’t sell since it costs 5% up front just to LIST an item.

-Every dye you want to identify costs 38 gems

I could go on but these are a bit unrelated to the OP.

[SoF]

A R W E N.6895

You have my attention

I love debate
www.keep-running.fr

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

@Lux, it’s a different market full of gamers who expect very different things from their games. It might look ridiculous to us, but our models of gaming probably look completely ridiculous to them also.

Not to mention the game being B2P in China is EXTREMELY different. I imagine whether or not they can turn a decent profit and keep the game going long term is a very big question for them right now, so I don’t find it surprising that the gem store plays a bit more of a feature role for them than it does for us. You can kind of rely on western players being happy to stick around and buy things occasionally.