I used to have several minis...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JediMindTrick.9684

JediMindTrick.9684

I used to play regularly, but had some problems shortly before Heart of Thorns released where my account was compromised and it took over a month to gain control of it again and even then it had been stripped of gold and gems. Eventually I got my gold and gems restored, but by then a the game had changed so much I couldn’t even make heads or tails of the new UI organization and basically stopped playing until recently. I’m now back and trying to relearn stuff and I’ve noticed that my collections don’t have any of the minis that I collected back in the day like the winterfest plushies and even my Rytlock that came with my Collector’s Edition of the game. Do I need to do something to get these old collection items into the new collection system or is my stuff just gone?

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

The wardrobe on your Hero Panel has a section for mini pets. Did you look in there for your missing minis?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If you had minis from way back, they can be found at the bottom of the material storage in the bank.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

If they aren’t unlocked, they won’t show up in the wardrobe as unlocked and I don’t remember if Rytlock shows up at all if you don’t have the Deluxe version.

Have you checked your bank’s collectible tab at the very bottom? Minis used to be stored there and the tab remains there until you remove the minis. I had a very similar panic when I couldn’t find my Rytlock that I got with the deluxe version and then found I had a few other minis that I completely had forgotten about when I remembered they used to be stored there.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

1) Check the minis tab on the Hero Panel, it’s in the same list as equipment, wardrobe, dyes etc. This will list all the minis you have unlocked in the Wardrobe. From here you can select any of them to display.

2) Check the bottom of the Material storage in the bank. This is where minis used to go before they were added to the wardrobe. If you didn’t move them over they might still be in there. (If you want to add them to the wardrobe put them into your inventory then right click each one and there will be an option to add it to the wardrobe. If it’s not already account bound it will warn you that this will bind it to your account. If you accept the mini will disappear from your inventory and is now a permanent part of your wardrobe and can be accessed from the tab on the Hero Panel.)

3) Check all your characters inventories. Before the wardrobe you had to put a mini into your inventory to use it so they might still be in there.

4) I really hope this isn’t the case but if you didn’t add them to the wardrobe before your account was compromised the person who took your gold and gems might have also sold all the tradable minis and deleted the others (I’ve heard they sometimes delete account bound stuff either so they can make sure they’ve found everything tradable or just to be malicious). If your account was rolled-back (so everything was restored to exactly how it was before it was stolen) that won’t matter but if Support only gave you the gold and gems the minis will still be missing. In that case you’ll have to contact Support and ask about getting the minis back too. But check 1-3 first just in case.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: JediMindTrick.9684

JediMindTrick.9684

Thanks for the guidance everybody! It didn’t occur to me to check below the materials storage in my bank, but I found my missing minis there. I appreciate the help!

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m glad you found them.

One of my favourite things about the wardrobe system is that all of my minis are bound to my account and cannot be sold, lost or deleted. Before that happened I was really worried that either I’d accidentally delete one or if my account was stolen they’d all be gone. I was more concerned about that than my gold or gems (which I never have much of anyway).

The fact that it allows me to swap between them anywhere in the world is a nice bonus too.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”