I've Finished The Privateer Set

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Hi,

I’m pleased with my most recent achievement, completing the Privateer Weapon Collection, which are the Black Lion weapon skins that are account bound on acquire, and never cost more than one ticket each.

It was (strangely) really enjoyable collecting these weapons, and was wondering if there’ll be another black lion weapon set that will be account bound and only cost one ticket no matter how long the weapon skins are available.

I know account bound weapon skins are not to everyone’s taste, so keeping the other system should still be in place too, but I think it’s about time for a second set of this newer single ticket weapon set.

[Suggestion]
Also, I think those who complete the BL sets should get title! ‘Privateer’ in my case.

Thanks!

Attachments:

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Congratulations. Well done! =)

Posted by: Black Iris Flowers.3418

Black Iris Flowers.3418

Nothing special, plenty of people have all black lion collections (or at least all minus 1 or 2 completed)

You’re right, how dare someone be proud of an achievement

Congrats OP, hope you find a new collection!

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

Yes, congratulations! I still have yet to complete even a single set, and I’ve played since launch. I tend to spend my gold elsewhere and don’t buy too many BL chests these days. That said, I’m jealous! There are several sets I’d love to complete.

Regarding the Privateer set specifically, I wasn’t too keen on the weapon skins themselves, but I have to admit I do like the idea of account bound sets that never go up in price. Really neat idea for those of us who take ages to get BL weapon skins but want to be able to continue progress on filling out a collection.

Congrats!

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Well done penelope!

Personally I think completing a Black Lion collection is pretty difficult simply because there are so many sets out there with nice skins, it’s hard to choose just one set and stick with it.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: cyberzombie.7348

cyberzombie.7348

I am very jelly. =)

What good is a medic w/o a patient?

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Haha, thank you guys.

I did also want to kind of get what other people feel about the account-bound BL skins too. When they were first released, there was a bit of an uproar about them being Account Bound at first, but I think since there has been a few non-Account Bound collections added, a second set probably won’t cause as much a stir. I’d love to complete another set.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Congratulations on finishing the set, but I can not more strongly disagree with any sets in the future being account bound. Not unless Anet changes and guarantees a ticket scrap in every chest.
Locking people into having to gamble for something they want is simply wrong.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

There are many skins that I would like but I can’t afford to buy keys on a regular basis and simply will not grind for keys. So I’ve only received 3 complete tickets in my 4 years. I do spend money on other things in the game, so I think it would be great if keys dropped slightly more often. Like in Achievement chests or other rare times.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Does anyone know what the drop rate for ticket scraps is? I have 7 ticket scraps and have opened ~15 chests just from keys received as drops/from story rewards, but that seems like a really high chance to me.

I also agree with @Neural, unless scraps are all but assured for each chest, I can’t support any more account bound BLT sets

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Congrats!

Haha, thank you guys.

I did also want to kind of get what other people feel about the account-bound BL skins too. When they were first released, there was a bit of an uproar about them being Account Bound at first…snip…

I think the uproar came from two parties: the first is those who wish to make money off of skins. The second is those who want to get a full collection, but not use tickets for all of them. Personally, I think both concerns are legitimate.

However, there are always new skins being added that are tradeable, and as long as that continues I don’t see any reason that the other format shouldn’t exist simultaneously. Like you I also appreciate the fact they’ll never be more than 1 ticket each. I also agree with your suggestion that a completed collection for this type of skin should have a title… it just feels right. +1

~EW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Gz on finishing the collection.
————————————————-
I’m not against titles for collections, but I’d rather see fewer, more meaningful titles rather than a title for (seemingly everything).

Regarding account bound BL weapon skins:

I think this was a bad move on ANet’s part. It made people feel their hard-to-find tickets were worth less (although not worthless), while limiting their options.

I think a better idea would have been to drop Privateer Weapon tickets (no scraps) that people could choose to exchange for the skins (as PenniHanni did; gz again!) or to exchange for a regular BL ticket. That would have allowed people to feel that they got a bonus, unique for those opening chests.

I wasn’t mad at ANet then (or now); I just think it was a mistake — worse because it came at a time when ANet was working to improve their reputation; it distracted people from all the good stuff that ANet was bringing to the game.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”