I've got about 600k karma

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

Can anyone give me an estimation on how much you can convert that into gold? Also an explanation on how to do it would be appreciated as well.

I’m currently 700 gold away from reaching my first legendary, so I’m trying to gather gold as quickly as possible.

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

Posted by: MrITpro.7451

MrITpro.7451

Its about 9 gold for every 100k karma. Theres a heart in bloodtide coast that gives you Crab Grabbin Gloves put 4 of these in the forge and salvage what you get back for linen. Heart is in Archen Foreland

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

no point doing linen conversion and such, because the time spent could be better used to farm SW.

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

Clicking Lost orrian jewelry box for a chance of lodestone maybe..

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

Its about 9 gold for every 100k karma. Theres a heart in bloodtide coast that gives you Crab Grabbin Gloves put 4 of these in the forge and salvage what you get back for linen. Heart is in Archen Foreland

Putting soulbound karma gear in the toilet gets you soulbound karma gear.

This was nerfed months ago.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

Except it wasn’t. I did this about 2 weeks ago. Every once in a while it spits out something you can’t salvage. Just toss it in the MF with some of the other karma gloves to get something to salvage.

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

I turned 300k karma into linen using that method last saturday. I don’t know why you think that it was broken, but you’re wrong.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

what nerf ? you can still dump 4 light armor boot obtainable from the karma vendor as in the picture below, and get the salvageable boot for linen…

this method is worth doing when your home server garrison in wvw has waypoint, otherwise some wp cost to LA will have to come in the calculation.

Attachments:

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

(edited by azizul.8469)

Posted by: Siobhan.3582

Siobhan.3582

I got 4.3 million karma.. does squat…

That one person.

Captain Unusual.9163

Spend a couple hours clicking on crab grabbin gloves and turn it into nearly 400 gold?

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

Spend a couple hours clicking on crab grabbin gloves and turn it into nearly 400 gold?

He didn’t come into this thread to learn. He came to complain. He didn’t even bother to read the other posts.

Captain Unusual.9163

He didn’t come into this thread to learn. He came to complain. He didn’t even bother to read the other posts.

Fair enough. I apologize for jumping in.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

If only it could be done in a few hours. I have tried this method also and after an hour I got apx 9 gold from the tp. In order to convert in such large quantities I would have to spend days if not weeks destroying my mouse to get these results. Personally I would just rather farm SW and at least spare my mouse the beating.

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Id rather hold onto karma in case hot expansion opens up any possibilities

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

9,8 mio here
come at me, bro!

Karma is easy made nowadays, I wouldn’t worry too much about spending it.
My karma is from teq and (real) wvw.

Posted by: Artanis.4963

Artanis.4963

This logic, coupled with the number of players that refuse to spend karma, is why there won’t be any big karma purchases in the expansion.

The whole currency is stagnant, and that’s why, instead of using the existing currency that was intended for such rewards, we keep getting zone-specific token items in new zones.

Karma isn’t hard to get, right? Spend it already so that it can be useful again?

azizul.8469

if there’s anything I should worry about spending it right now is the skill points… although i have 7 stacks of the scrolls, i’m wondering how would you get those skill points after HoT… legendary components that require skill points aren’t changed after HoT are they ? they still require skill points right ?

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

Is there any heart that can give me Silk?
I’m building my first Ascended armour and I’m about 150 silk short.
Like most people I have about 1M Karma stacked doing nothing.

…and don’t be toxic!

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

People in this thread just told how to make gold out of karma, give it a shot and buy some silk?

azizul.8469

hmm.. yeah, linen is rarer than silk when you’re 80…. don’t waste your karma on silk….

Posted by: Tryhard Pants.9745

Tryhard Pants.9745

Pretty sure there is but I dont’t have any specifics. I wouldn’t recommend it though because linen is worth twice as much and you could just sell linen and buy silk, all for less karma.

@OP: you could do some clover forging (obsi shards for karma). Even if you don’t plan on making a leggy right now you might do so in the future. Plus, T6 mats are always useful and profitable. If you have the spare ectos, that is.

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

Hmm thanks for the replies already guys, I see people gave me the recommendation the do the Silverwastes instead of this but I’ve been doing it for the past few weeks already and I’m started to get burned out, is there anything else out there that gives decent and quick gold cause I’m already doing ascelon 1,2,3 & cof 1,3 combined with the silverwastes and I’m still making only ~75-100 gold a day, not sure if I can keep this up for another 10 days at the rate how many hours I spend in the silverwastes already.

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

Posted by: Subutex.2416

Subutex.2416

This logic, coupled with the number of players that refuse to spend karma, is why there won’t be any big karma purchases in the expansion.

The whole currency is stagnant, and that’s why, instead of using the existing currency that was intended for such rewards, we keep getting zone-specific token items in new zones.

Karma isn’t hard to get, right? Spend it already so that it can be useful again?

It’s not always a case of refusing to use. I have 4M something Karma simply because there is nothing to spend it on. If at least we could salvage temple gear, I wouldn’t mind using it on my characters. But you can’t, so no point on getting it if you are using expensive runes.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I’d rather have something usefull to spend my karma on. I hope HoT brings it, if not i’ll start thinking about converting it into gold.