I've killed all three of the raid bosses

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

And I’m sure many others have by now.

So why do we still have to have our UI cluttered by a pointless notification telling us the raid is out? I’m sure everyone has seen it by now and most people have either tried it already, or have no interest in it.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Is it ruining your play experience having a single line of text on your screen that can be easily ignored? It will probably stay up there for a while. What does it matter?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Is it ruining your play experience having a single line of text on your screen that can be easily ignored? It will probably stay up there for a while. What does it matter?

Speaking for myself…

Ruining? No. Talk about hyperbole.

An ongoing nuisance and reminder of how garbage the UI customization is in this game? Absolutely.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

It matters that there’s an ad for the raid, an ad for the ESL and other pvp stuff – and at one point it was also showing my pvp rank up there. I have no interest in these things, yet I have no option to hide them.

Do you use any ad blockers when you browse the net? Or doesn’t it matter?

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Speaking for myself…

An ongoing nuisance and reminder of how garbage the UI customization is in this game? Absolutely.

+1

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Kal Spiro.9745

It matters that there’s an ad for the raid, an ad for the ESL and other pvp stuff – and at one point it was also showing my pvp rank up there. I have no interest in these things, yet I have no option to hide them.

I don’t, and it doesn’t. Sounds like a whole lot of salty QQ. But maybe it’s only me who doesn’t actually notice them while I’m playing.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Posted by: RustyMech.9876

RustyMech.9876

I don’t, and it doesn’t. Sounds like a whole lot of salty QQ. But maybe it’s only me who doesn’t actually notice them while I’m playing.

The only thing salty in this thread is your attitude. It’s obviously pointless screen clutter for some people, so that is why it is being brought up.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Opinions aren’t welcome here. Didn’t you know?

People will always either try to talk you out of them, berate you for character flaws implied by holding said opinion, or go off on tangents where they push straw men off of slippery slopes. The conclusion is always that you’re being unreasonable.

Kal Spiro.9745

People will always either try to talk you out of them, berate you for character flaws implied by holding said opinion, or go off on tangents where they push straw men off of slippery slopes. The conclusion is always that you’re being unreasonable.

Or maybe people actually are just unreasonable?

Posted by: saye.9304

saye.9304

i agree with op.
raid notification
pvp league notification
and the pro-pve(ESL) notification
ok it is good that anet informs you about events and content of the game BUT you should be able to remove it whenever you want. this is the only game that force fully(beside some 3rd class asian games) advertise their game’s events.
IT IS ANNOYING

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Or maybe people are different? And we aren’t all clones of each other? As in, we aren’t exact copies and we have different preferences? As in, tastes vary?

As in, video game stuff is largely taste and not objective fact? And sometimes more than one person can get what they want at the same time?

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Mal.1670

Mal.1670

While we’re on the topic of QoL customization, how about an option to mute the Salvage-o-matic and other players’ legendary weapons so I can turn sound back on in this game?

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Like I said:

“…berate you for character flaws implied by holding said opinion…”

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

the clutter at the side of the screen drives me crazy. it always has. I have no problem with Anet advertising things in-game, I actually think it’s a great idea, but I would like a way to get rid of it after I’ve seen it.

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Tunnelvisioning does that

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

It’s annoying because during some events you can’t see anything since you have ESL/PvP/RAID thing that you can’t hide. So, yes, it can actually ruin gameplay experience during some event. (aka Tequatl/Triple Trouble event)

(edited by Khyan.7039)

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

While i agree with OP but title is missleading.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Some of them certainly are. And i don’t mean OP. Not in this case anyway.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Or maybe people are different?

Haha! kittening owned, Kal Spiro. But I guess you’re just another one of those ppl that’s going by “it’s my way, or the highway”.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I agree that screen clutter has become too much in gw2. Kind of ironic really when u consider their ideology since inception of gw2 is to have minimal UI elements, so much so, they’ve denied us any type of customization of it.

I was in DS yesterday trying to complete the map, and with the meta event on and all the pvp, raid ads, my entire right side of the screen was covered in crap all the way where it was starting to overlap my mini map. Seriously Anet? What is this garbage? Like others have said, this is the only game that don’t allow u any options to customize ur UI and yet you insist on cluttering it for us and obscuring our vision.

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Don’t see why they don’t at least allow us to hide it or something.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I’m going to suggest you take your own advice to heart and take a look yourself.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: dodgerrule.8739

dodgerrule.8739

It’s under the main option menu just hit f11. It’s in the list

Dodger Rule Ranger – Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Supernaut.2684

Supernaut.2684

No, seriously — go try it and come back and report your findings here.

Posted by: William Bradley Knight.2609

William Bradley Knight.2609

Speaking for myself…

+1

Kal Spiro.9745

There, it’s gone. Other stuff is there now, but that one’s gone. Better?