I want GW2 to have more GW1 stuff

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

like the Topic says We need , GVG , guild halls , HOH , alliance battles , build diversity , END game zones , Templates , Capes , Instances ,

:)

[WM]give us in game ladder

Posted by: Atronach.6832

Atronach.6832

I could not agree more; GvG/HA and the arenas really defined Guild Wars’ PvP game play and i feel the lack of those play styles is impeding on Guild Wars 2’s success, ESPECIALLY from gw1 players!!!

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I’d edit that to your personal wishlist. I don’t agree that the game “needs” that stuff, although a couple of those features I wouldn’t mind seeing.

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

like the Topic says We need , GVG , guild halls , HOH , alliance battles , build diversity , END game zones , Templates , Capes , Instances ,

I totally agree with you!
I would LOVE to see these again back to GW2!
So much memories… I really miss GW.

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

some of the old pvp matches would definately be nice, guild halls definately would be great, save/load builds template would be great, some more lore based endgame like fow/uw, build diversity would be hard, much as I loved it in gw1, I cant see that system working in gw2.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

I totally agree. I miss many gw1 things.

Posted by: Zygomaticus.7469

Zygomaticus.7469

I have not played GW1 could you please elaborate the things you liked about it? please?

Would it be cool to live forever?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I am not especially fond of capes. Didn’t really wear mine in GW1, and I think they would look wonky in GW2, because of weapons and shields, etc. Not a fan of GvG, or some of the other things you listed.

I’d rather the Devs spent time on opening the Crystal Desert and such. Thus, you might want to amend your ‘we’ to ‘I and, perhaps, others’. Thank you.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

GVG : Yes
guild halls : Yes
HOH : Specifically Hall of Heroes is not needed, but better sPvP is
alliance battles : First we need alliances, and alliance factions. In a way, WvW is AB that was turned three-way, so I say no.
build diversity : YES
END game zones : Better designed ones, yes.
Templates : YES
Capes : Sure
Instances : Kind of pointless for an “open world” game, isn’kitten Something like this should only be considered when the game is on its brink of death and chooses to be turned single player instead of MMO, but would require a major overhaul (some mandatory some QOL) changes.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

X T D.6458

I have not played GW1 could you please elaborate the things you liked about it? please?

There were many great features in gw1 that were changed or not included in gw2, aside from the ones listed in the thread, you had a lot of player freedom, you could mod your gear however you wanted, use whatever weapons you wanted, heck you could dye your inventory bags and weapons, you had secondary professions which opened up unlimited build diversity, you had energy pool which you had to be careful when making a build not to drain it to quickly, so you had to play a little smarter, there were private instances, where parties can go up to 8players. There were elite areas designed for 8-12 players where a single party wipe or npc death would cause your party to get kicked out. The pvp was excellent and had several different formats, GvG matches were quite something and could go on for a very long time, truly testing the skills of players. There were also alliances where several guilds could join together and communicate with each other but stay seperate guilds. Those are some of the great features. While gw2 has made tons..and I mean TONS of quality of life improvements, there are many great features of gw1 we veteran players cant help but miss and would very much like to see again

(edited by X T D.6458)

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

that would actually turn gw2 into a real AAA game so it will never happen. the developers are quite serious at keeping gw2 a small niche product.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

As for dyeing items, don’t forget to mention there were only about 12? (if that many) different dye colors, and when dyeing armor, it was one-color for every piece (not each piece – every piece you were wearing). No mixing and matching of armor dyes. You could dye inventory bags? Lol. I don’t remember that, I’m not sure why…it’s not like anyone could see them.

Everything was instanced, except for towns/outposts. It wasn’t an MMO in the way of many players fighting together. The max was 12, and that was only in a few high-end areas. Most of the game was 4- to 8-man instanced maps/zones/areas.

As for modifying gear, that wasn’t something you could do cosmetically, except for using the 12 or so dyes, which would color certain parts on weapons. Some weapons could not be dyed.

There was a death penalty. If you died enough times, in certain areas/under certain conditions, you would need to start over.

Some people enjoy energy pools (something like Thief initiative), others do not.

GW had many enjoyable features, GW2 has many enjoyable features. Truly, two different kinds of games, though. The biggest difference being GW2 is open world with some instances, and GW is instanced-only (except for hubs).

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i want gw2 to have more gw2 stuff
. . see what i did there

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

X T D.6458

Theres a death penalty in gw2 as well, by mod I meant you could use any stat combinations on gear, it was not preset like it is now, and you could absolutely mix dyes, there was a dye preview panel with 4 slots, and even with 12 dyes, how is the number relevant to being able to dye gear, and you could dye inventory bags, I know, because…I did it by accident…