I want Infinite Light

I want Infinite Light

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

Why is this weapon as costly as a legendary? The name isn’t purple!? I would really like this weapon but how am I supposed to farm charged lodestone when nobody does the Malchor’s Leap event and CoE is a pain in the kitten? I realize there are fractals but I have no idea how getting into the specific fractal works. Is it only after fractal 10? Any and all information on this would be helpful.

I want Infinite Light

Posted by: dpshort.9817

dpshort.9817

You and me, both.

I want Infinite Light

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

Farm cash and buy lodestones like everyone else does.

[SFD] – Maguuma

I want Infinite Light

Posted by: Revan.6259

Revan.6259

I realize there are fractals but I have no idea how getting into the specific fractal works. Is it only after fractal 10?

You never can choose which fractal you enter. It is always randomly selected when you enter.

As far as Charged Lodestones go, if you really want Infinite Light, farming Lodestones will probably get you nowhere. It is much more productive to farm gold, and then buy the Lodestones.

I want Infinite Light

Posted by: Aedil.1296

Aedil.1296

GW2 manifesto is dead, and you’re saying the truth.

I want Infinite Light

Posted by: Zephyr Lee.2491

Zephyr Lee.2491

Okay so we are back again crying about “the grind”
This game has no grind.
Getting max gear takes no time to get.

The only “grind” comes from people who want the “cool” “flashy” weapons.

I want Infinite Light

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Do some even-numbered fractals. I get cores/lodestones at least half the time from the Jade Maw. Not always Charged, but the others can be sold and the money used to buy more charged (note that it’s often beneficial to buy the cores and make the lodestones yourself).

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

I want Infinite Light

Aedil.1296

This game has no grind.

I like a balanced set (Power, though+vit) for my characters to use for pve, I have all professions so 8 chars.

Taking in account the Ascalon Catacombs is the fastest and easier dg to do to get tokens for a full exo gear i made this calculation:

Armor: 1200 tokens for 1 set
2h Weapon: 390 for 1 weapon
1h Weapons: 2 weapons can cost from 210 to 300 tokens -> (300+210/2)x2= 510
2h underwater weapon: 390

Every char should have an armor, offhand weapon, secondary weapon and an underwater weapon so:

1200+390+510 = 2100 tokens for every char (16800 tokens for 8 chars)

Let’s say i do Ascalon Catacombs path 1-2-3 one time every day (just 1 time to still have a life) so i get 66 tokens every path = 60+6 from bags => 198 tokens a day

2100/66= 31,8 times i need to do AC to give exotic equip to just 1 char

31,8 × 8 = 254,5 times i need to do AC to give all chars an exotic equipment.

Conclusion: Repeating Ascalon Catacombs 254,5 times to give a basic equipment to my character.

Basic becouse jewelry and back piece and other avaliable weapons are not included.

Font Wikipedia:

Grinding is a term used in video gaming to describe the process of engaging in repetitive tasks during video games. […] One reason that is less influenced by player choice is a lack of game content or to be able to battle stronger enemies. […] While grinding’s potential to cause players to stop being entertained may be seen as contradictory to good game design. etc etc etc.

In you opinion, is repeating 254,5 times AC dungeon suitable to represent this description?

Repeating AC for 84,85 days, every day path 1,2, and 3, is grind or not?

Thanks for reading sorry for the wall of text.
Sincerly

(edited by Aedil.1296)

I want Infinite Light

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

This game has no grind.

The entire game is based around cosmetic looks at 80 so there IS a grind for it. It might not be the grind you’re referring to but it’s still there.

I want Infinite Light

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

This game has no grind.

I like a balanced set (Power, though+vit) for my characters to use for pve, I have all professions so 8 chars.

Taking in account the Ascalon Catacombs is the fastest and easier dg to do to get tokens for a full exo gear i made this calculation:

1h Weapon: from 210 to 300 tokens -> 255 (300+210/2)

Every char should have an armor, offhand weapon, secondary weapon and an underwater weapon so:

1200+390+255 = 1845 tokens for every char (14760 for 8 chars)

Let’s say i do Ascalon Catacombs path 1-2-3 one time every day (just 1 time to still have a life) so i get 66 tokens every path = 60+6 from bags => 198 tokens a day

1845/66= 27,9 times i need to do AC to give exotic equip to just 1 char

27,9 × 8 = 223,2 times i need to do AC to give all chars an exotic equipment.

Conclusion: Repeating Ascalon Catacombs 223,2 times to give a basic equipment to my character.

Basic becouse jewelry and back piece and other avaliable weapons are not included.

Font Wikipedia:

Grinding is a term used in video gaming to describe the process of engaging in repetitive tasks during video games. […] One reason that is less influenced by player choice is a lack of game content or to be able to battle stronger enemies. […] While grinding’s potential to cause players to stop being entertained may be seen as contradictory to good game design. etc etc etc.

In you opinion, is repeating 223,2 times AC dundeon suitable to represent this description?

Repeating AC for 74,5 days, every day path 1,2, and 3, is grind or not?

Sincerly

If you want 8 chars to be fully equiped you can expect it to take time. Afterall they didnt level themselves in 3 days either.

I want Infinite Light

Aedil.1296

I agree with that, but imho making rares and exo gear drop more often should help people to get gear without need to grind so much for a basic gear couse as i said jewelry and backpiece is not included in the calculation but you still need to get them.
Since day 1 the number of exo gear i dropped from mobs is 5 pieces.

I not mentioned the money u’ll still need to buy proper runes and sigils for your gear, and there goes a lot of money, and if u want to reskin that dg armor with a tier 3 cultural armor…well… good luck with farming gold for armor and to buy gems for trasmutation stones heheh

(edited by Aedil.1296)

I want Infinite Light

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Afterall they didnt level themselves in 3 days either.

You’re right. That’s what they did in TOR.

I want Infinite Light

Posted by: synch.2980

synch.2980

If you want 8 chars to be fully equiped you can expect it to take time. Afterall they didnt level themselves in 3 days either.

This – while I, as a fellow altaholic sympathize – you can’t really base the grindyness of a task on “having” to do it for every character.

And in all honesty, completely equipping a character with exotic weapons and armor at level 80 in a month of doing Ascalon isn’t too grindy – especially as it’s ignoring all the other rewards from the dungeon, which might well allow you to purchase gear from the trading post and avoid some of that.

And since you don’t “need” a complete set of exotics for any of the regular content in the game, there’s no great rush there, either. Run Ascalaon with a character whenever you feel like it and since the tears are account bound, by and by you’ll get full sets of armor/weapons for everyone, and it won’t be a grind.

If you feel you’ve got to rush through and get them as quickly as possible for all your characters, then yeah, you’re going to be doing a whole lot of whatever the “optimal” thing is for quite a while, but that’s your decision – the game doesn’t seem (to me) to be forcing it on you by making your character unable to participate unless you do so.

I want Infinite Light

Aedil.1296

This – while I, as a fellow altaholic sympathize – you can’t really base the grindyness of a task on “having” to do it for every character.

And in all honesty, completely equipping a character with exotic weapons and armor at level 80 in a month of doing Ascalon isn’t too grindy – especially as it’s ignoring all the other rewards from the dungeon, which might well allow you to purchase gear from the trading post and avoid some of that.

And since you don’t “need” a complete set of exotics for any of the regular content in the game, there’s no great rush there, either. Run Ascalaon with a character whenever you feel like it and since the tears are account bound, by and by you’ll get full sets of armor/weapons for everyone, and it won’t be a grind.

If you feel you’ve got to rush through and get them as quickly as possible for all your characters, then yeah, you’re going to be doing a whole lot of whatever the “optimal” thing is for quite a while, but that’s your decision – the game doesn’t seem (to me) to be forcing it on you by making your character unable to participate unless you do so.

I cannot spend the money earned from selling trash at merch and from dg reward for exo gear if i can get it doing dg xD especially couse i have to save every single gold for legendary and to buy precursor O_o

omg i feel bad thinking of precursors prices on TP xD

I want Infinite Light

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Ascalon fractal end chest can drop charged lodestones and cores.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

I want Infinite Light

Aedil.1296

Ascalon fractal end chest can drop charged lodestones and cores.

I’ve heard of ppl getting precursors during Ascalon fractal O_o dunno if is true tho

I want Infinite Light

Malediktus.9250

Of course the ascalonians can drop precursors, like any other opponent which can drop lvl 80 equipment.

I want Infinite Light

Aedil.1296

Of course the ascalonians can drop precursors, like any other opponent which can drop lvl 80 equipment.

I’ve heard about this too but…come on, this is a 1 in a million thing :’D

I want Infinite Light

Malediktus.9250

Probably, I got 1400h+ playtime on my guardian, most of it spent farming dungeons and never saw a precursor drop. People posted in group channel, but you never know if they have it in inventory before.

I want Infinite Light

DaedalusDragon.3754

I was really surprised by the people who responded to this. I made this in haste and in a tad bit of anger after finding this weapon I REALLY wanted and then realized it would take me a year to get of continuous farming. I’m glad that this topic had a lot of respectable responses following my not-so-responsible (or decent) topic starter.

My biggest issue with this is that it is only such a grind and a problem because the methods to get the ingredients are stupidly long and difficult. Most people despise CoE, nobody does the event at Malchor’s Leap, and fractals are random every time, but the other ones are attached to better dungeons (CoF and Molten core) at the very least. It shows in the price of the charged lodestone. It is worth twice as much as any other core or lodestone.

I want Infinite Light

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

I’ve heard about this too but…come on, this is a 1 in a million thing :’D

Probably less, considering how many mobs are getting killed daily.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

I want Infinite Light

Posted by: CassieGold.7460

CassieGold.7460

This game has no grind.

Conclusion: Repeating Ascalon Catacombs 254,5 times to give a basic equipment to my character.

Font Wikipedia:

In you opinion, is repeating 254,5 times AC dungeon suitable to represent this description?

Sincerly

I read the wall of text, wanted to throw a few things in there for you though:

Good methods to get exotics:
1) Dungeons (CoF is faster than AC if you want to acquire exotics)
2) Crafting
3) Mystic Forge

The reason I mention things like this is because if all you did is run dungeons you would have a wealth of pure gold + skill points + crafting mats from doing your runs.

Last alt I kitted out wears armor that was blended from AC and CoF because I like balanced stats, but don’t stack 100% of the same armor type to get the balance I want. For weapons, I tossed 50 skill points at the mystic forge and a few crafting bits and made a mystic GS.

One of the problems with running AC ad-nausium is that you don’t come away with as much in terms of t5 / t6 mats…. sure, it’s somewhat fast, and anyone can do it, but it’s hardly the best return for your time.

Salvage or sell your rares as you go (if you dungeon a lot, you’ll have plenty) and if you sell, use the proceeds of selling your rares to buy the ecto you could have got from salvaging…. craft your own exotics with said ectos.

I tend to pick up at least half my orichalcum hitting nodes on my way to HotW……

Okay…. that’s too much wall of text from me, sorry for the ramble, but I really want to encourage people to get the kitten out of AC as a ‘good’ source of gear…. because it’s not. It’s just an easy source of gear.

LVL 80’s: Thief / Warrior / Guardian / Mesmer

I want Infinite Light

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

You can also get p/v/t armor with karma (except for legs), which is pretty cheap thanks to jugs.

I want Infinite Light

Aedil.1296

This game has no grind.

Font Wikipedia:

Sincerly

I read the wall of text, wanted to throw a few things in there for you though:

Good methods to get exotics:
1) Dungeons (CoF is faster than AC if you want to acquire exotics)
2) Crafting
3) Mystic Forge

The reason I mention things like this is because if all you did is run dungeons you would have a wealth of pure gold + skill points + crafting mats from doing your runs.

Last alt I kitted out wears armor that was blended from AC and CoF because I like balanced stats, but don’t stack 100% of the same armor type to get the balance I want. For weapons, I tossed 50 skill points at the mystic forge and a few crafting bits and made a mystic GS.

One of the problems with running AC ad-nausium is that you don’t come away with as much in terms of t5 / t6 mats…. sure, it’s somewhat fast, and anyone can do it, but it’s hardly the best return for your time.

Salvage or sell your rares as you go (if you dungeon a lot, you’ll have plenty) and if you sell, use the proceeds of selling your rares to buy the ecto you could have got from salvaging…. craft your own exotics with said ectos.

I tend to pick up at least half my orichalcum hitting nodes on my way to HotW……

Okay…. that’s too much wall of text from me, sorry for the ramble, but I really want to encourage people to get the kitten out of AC as a ‘good’ source of gear…. because it’s not. It’s just an easy source of gear.

Tbh my daily routine is:

AC 123
CoF 1-2
Fractals 20 and Fractals to increase the actual lvl (suspended until update)
30 minutes farming lodestones (1 food duration)
wvw

Yes I’m a nerd…i would love to have a RL

I want Infinite Light

Posted by: ArashiKai.2496

ArashiKai.2496

you’re complaining about the lodestone requirement for Infinite Light? take one look at Mjolnir (the hammer i want for my guardian) and you should stop complaining.

Fear not me, but the Tempest that I am!

I want Infinite Light

Aedil.1296

you’re complaining about the lodestone requirement for Infinite Light? take one look at Mjolnir (the hammer i want for my guardian) and you should stop complaining.

That weapon should be at least an ascended one, omg

I want Infinite Light

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

So if that’s the only way to get them, who is putting them on the trading post for everyone to buy?

And the guy that said we need 250+ runs in the dungeon is right, AC or CoF doesn’t matter, its still a grind..

I want Infinite Light

Malediktus.9250

CoE gives about 1-2 lodestones (cores included) per 10 pathes on average.
Sparks in Orr drop about 0.6 per hour
Ascalon fractal like 0.2 lodestones per run
Jade endchest like 0.1 lodestones per run

all rates from personal experience, no idea how close the figures are

I want Infinite Light

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

CoE gives about 1-2 lodestones (cores included) per 10 pathes on average.
Sparks in Orr drop about 0.6 per hour
Ascalon fractal like 0.2 lodestones per run
Jade endchest like 0.1 lodestones per run

all rates from personal experience, no idea how close the figures are

I have run many many CoF paths and only ever seen one lodestone, which was my first ever seen loadstone in the whole game two days ago..

I want Infinite Light

Posted by: Jex.8591

Jex.8591

I’m having fun…

Attachments:

I want Infinite Light

Posted by: Zephyr Lee.2491

Zephyr Lee.2491

Or you can buy a box of armor for like 18 gold that will give you exotic gear for your profession type off the market.

You create your own grind by wanting this cosmetic armor, that isn’t needed, so why cry about it? Is it because you wanna look unique from others? If that is the case the “grind” is necessary so that you do stand out. If it was so easy to get this cosmetic armor everyone would have it, and you would complain that everyone has it and you do feel “unique”.

I want Infinite Light

Malediktus.9250

You can use spare tokens for mystic forge and make extra money. I always buy focis and shields (mix of them) to throw them into mystic forge and hope for precursor. You have about 1-2% chance to get precusor per try, but even if you dont it should make more profit than salvaging.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

I want Infinite Light

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

This game has no grind.

Font Wikipedia:

Sincerly

Just fine for me.
Now split the number back in 8 because nobody wants to run it for 8 characters. What are you? AC hardcore fan? You really want your characters look all the same?
Not like you can also run other dungeons(multiple choices) and buy parts from trading post for the money you get. You also can get dungeon loot drops from chests now… And mind you you get 60 for path, 3 for spider, 3 for kholer and 3 for troll. you may get 60-69 depending on what you skip and what you don’t.
So basically:
You exaggerated grind because you took into consideration it for 8 characters and not for one, as well as considering every single piece of equipment available.
You are also not obliged to do that either. There is a ton of places where to get best gear possible.

(edited by Evalia.7103)

I want Infinite Light

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

This game has no grind.

This.

ANet: “Dear player, grinding is not how you achieve this vanity item. It’s a long-term goal you save a bit everyday for while you play for fun.”
Player: “But I don’t want to have fun! I want to grind those long-term goals very quickly, then pretend you made me do this and call your game a grind! Ha!”

It’s like working 20 hours a day for a big diamond ring and complain to the jeweler that their rings require a ton of work to buy.
Police is totally cuffing that criminal for forcing you to ruin your health after their rings, word.

I want Infinite Light

Posted by: Desamos.1836

Desamos.1836

God created earth in 7 days. Do any of you look like God? Maybe not. So get yo human kitten back in that chair and farm the darn gold in 70 days.

I want Infinite Light

DaedalusDragon.3754

These aren’t meant to be the take forever farming items though. Those are legendaries. There is such a large gap between your exotics and a full set of nice vanity items. Why are there no in between ones? Something that isn’t as rare but is still neater and still rarer than default exotic.

Also, I am god.

I want Infinite Light

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

“hello I would liek a rely rare and presitigous item? but i would not like to work for it I would like anet to give it too me. thanks~!”

-This thread, 2013.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

I want Infinite Light

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

I really wanted that sword. It looked the best(better than bolt, imo), but it’s still an exotic. Why does it cost so much?

Hopefully anet will find a way to lower charged lodestones or at the very least, change the recipe. I haven’t even seen anyone with this sword yet…

I want Infinite Light

DaedalusDragon.3754

“hello I would liek a rely rare and presitigous item? but i would not like to work for it I would like anet to give it too me. thanks~!”

-This thread, 2013.

Just don’t respond. You don’t understand the topic. I’m not saying things shouldn’t be prestigious. Why is this one blade (which is an exotic) worth nearly as much as most legendaries? And more importantly, why is its brethren worth so much less? The only difference between them is the type of core/lodestone thing. The other lodestones are easier to farm and easier to acquire so it isn’t that this sword was intended to be rarer (yet still rare, I’m not wanting some common 50g sword or anything), but it is because the ingredients are hidden behind things nobody ever does.

My point: Why is this sword not equal in rarity to the other weapons made in similar fashions? Other weapons of this line are 500g in TP, this one is 2k (but not entirely accurate perhaps, as it is alone in the TP) and even the charged lodestone themselves are 1k off of the TP.

I want Infinite Light

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

-This thread, 2013.

Just don’t respond. You don’t understand the topic. I’m not saying things shouldn’t be prestigious. Why is this one blade (which is an exotic) worth nearly as much as most legendaries? And more importantly, why is its brethren worth so much less? The only difference between them is the type of core/lodestone thing. The other lodestones are easier to farm and easier to acquire so it isn’t that this sword was intended to be rarer (yet still rare, I’m not wanting some common 50g sword or anything), but it is because the ingredients are hidden behind things nobody ever does.

My point: Why is this sword not equal in rarity to the other weapons made in similar fashions? Other weapons of this line are 500g in TP, this one is 2k (but not entirely accurate perhaps, as it is alone in the TP) and even the charged lodestone themselves are 1k off of the TP.

Because it is more rare, you’re asking a question that can’t be answered with anything than that.

“Why is this sword with a slightly better skin worth more than a different sword with a different skin, even though they have the same stats?” The same can be asked of almost any two exotics with different skins that you can find, and the answer is because one is more rare.

Also where was it defined that legendaries have to be the top tier of gear in terms of prestige? I don’t see it written anywhere.

Just don’t respond m8. You just don’t understand. Don’t respond.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

I want Infinite Light

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

That bandwagon is heading for a cliff you know.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

I want Infinite Light

Posted by: bluewanders.5297

bluewanders.5297

Why is this weapon as costly as a legendary? The name isn’t purple!? I would really like this weapon but how am I supposed to farm charged lodestone when nobody does the Malchor’s Leap event and CoE is a pain in the kitten? I realize there are fractals but I have no idea how getting into the specific fractal works. Is it only after fractal 10? Any and all information on this would be helpful.

Two people can do the entire Zephyrs chain… I’ve opened that temple with a single guildie at least once every day for the past month and a half. Without wiping…

The annoying part is when you open the temple and then all the leeches appear to farm the sparks… leeches who weren’t the least bit interested in helping to open it. But that is neither here nor there.

CoE is only a pain in the kitten if you suck. Do you suck? Can you get better? Learn the dungeon and you can put it on autopilot like all the others.

Charged cores and lodestones drop in the fractals… even at scale 1 though you have a better chance of getting some if you run an even scale. I run scale 4 a few times a day. I tell my teams we kill everything or they can find a different group… and then we go make money. Scale 4 is low enough to be easy with a pug without costing me a repair bill or 3 hours of my time… but high enough to have weeded out most of the morons who refuse to listen or can’t dodge.