I want nerf to waterfield blast finishers.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I didn’t know this. If Jana is correct, the OP’s point is moot.

It scales really poorly – that’s the point of the OP.
1320+0.2*Healing Power, to be exact.

Ah, I see. Thank you.

I’m still not sure about this, though. If I drop a water field, I want it to matter more rather than less. After all, I could be doing something else — which is exactly what I would do if I thought there was little benefit to my field.

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I’m still not sure about this, though. If I drop a water field, I want it to matter more rather than less. After all, I could be doing something else — which is exactly what I would do if I thought there was little benefit to my field.

That is a bit complicated.
You can blast your own field, I think only 3 classes are able to make waterfields and all of them have access to blast.
But that field can be blasted by anyone, so if 5 people blast that field everybody should be full health again, whether or not the 5 blasters have enough healing power – what is rewarded is the awareness/teamplay.
If I were a wvw zerg ele I’d probably invest into healing power as my waterfields and blasts would benefit from it, but I wouldn’t go roaming with that build. Same for PvE – doing damage still is a bit more useful than to heal people, so I’d rather put as little as possible into heal and live with the healing not being the best it could be. If it were a big difference we would have a trinity again and I have got something against that.

Posted by: Depths.4051

Depths.4051

I feel that I’d agree with the OP, only because I greedily would like to see healers being a little less niche. Having healing with a lower base value and higher scaling seems fair to me for end game content.
One glaring problem with this I can see though, is that it would hit noobies pretty hard, as they’d have less ability to solo content than they did before.

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

I wish that they’d change the formula a bit on the Water Field Blast Finishers so that people laying down the Water field could at least help with the healing too.

Maybe instead of
1320+0.2*Healing Power
We could do
1320 .1*Healing Power of Field Layer.1*Healing Power of Blaster

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I wish that they’d change the formula a bit on the Water Field Blast Finishers so that people laying down the Water field could at least help with the healing too.

Maybe instead of
1320+0.2*Healing Power
We could do
1320 .1*Healing Power of Field Layer.1*Healing Power of Blaster

They already do – their waterfield heals and each blast heals – if they invest into healing power their waterfields and their blasts heal more.

Posted by: Basandra Skye.4031

Basandra Skye.4031

This has the potential to set up a ‘requirement’ for dedicated healers, ie, those who sacrifice all damage to enable their allies to live longer and thus deal more damage (to make up for the damage the support cannot provide)

this in turn sets up a situation where people are forced to sacrifice their preferred playstyle in order to make play in any way possible. That’s not good design and i’m glad GW2 has never crossed that line.

Why i would like the healing power stat to be more useful and rewarding to those who choose to invest in it, i don’t think that this suggestion is a step in that direction.

as opposed to dedicated healers sacrificing their preferred playstyle and instead being forced to run zerker to be viable?

^ this.

Dedicated healers? Viable? Are you SURE you’re playing the right Guild Wars game?

Sarcasm aside, people really should refrain from using hyperbole style arguments. Given the way the game, combat, classes, and skills, were designed, “dedicated” healers were never INTENDED to be viable. They’re more akin to gimmicks than anything else.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Healers are VERY VERY viable, they’re just not optimal. They have a lot of strength if you actually make one right. That doesn’t mean slap some soldier gear on and bring a guard staff and claim to be a healer, but actually do something right like Clerics Guard with mace, or even Ele Clerics or something like that. There’s a lot of stuff that’s worth doing and has potential. It’s simply that the game doesn’t require it and if you can glass up it’s better to do so if you can pull it off.

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

I don’t want the Holy trinity of Tank, Dps and Healers. That being said I do like the suggestion of healing power being looked at a bit more. If you want that bigger burst of heals, you invest in some healing power, even if it is about 400 or more, not being full zerk and still have a massive heal, dmg mitigation and regeneration flying everywhere.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

There is nothing that is not viable on this game… that was kind of the whole point of their phrase “play how you want.”

vi·a·ble
?v??b(?)l/
adjective
capable of working successfully; feasible.
“the proposed investment was economically viable”
synonyms: feasible, workable, practicable, practical, usable, possible, realistic, achievable, attainable, realizable; informaldoable
“it doesn’t sound like a viable solution”

Whether or not it’s optimal/better than another option is a different story and depends on the context. Is berserker gear always optimal? Not really. In most cases, it will yield the absolute highest potential damage-wise.

OTT: I disagree with nerfing water field blasts. This would be a poorly thought out solution to a nonexistent problem.

Posted by: Basandra Skye.4031

Basandra Skye.4031

To be fair, the people who trot out “play how you want” most are those who use it as out-of-context ammunition against Anet when a build, trait, or skill gets nerfed. Or ANYTHING get’s nerfed really.

On a more serious note, I’d rather see skills and traits that work off healing power scale better. For example, the guardian’s Altruistic Healing trait, scales at a rate of 100:1 (HP:amount), versus the active state of VoR (100:6), or even the Signet of Resolve’s incredible 100:125. To put this in easier to see terms, a full cleric build with monk runes, AH would only increase by roughly 15 points to 85 healing, while SoR would go from ~8k base to over 10k healing.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

AH is a selfish trait and should be that weak.

I’d rather see DPS increases to more defensive builds so they’re not such a burden rather than an increase to their support. I think the self sufficiency should exist to a point. I think that point is set correctly in the game. I just think that the massive loss in damage is a bit much to consider them welcome in most parties.

Of course that’d really screw up PVP balance, which is where splits come in. As for the WvW implications, honestly that’s such an imbalanced game mode that I don’t see it as a negative worth compensating for.

Posted by: Bawi.9541

Bawi.9541

OTT: I disagree with nerfing water field blasts. This would be a poorly thought out solution to a nonexistent problem.

^this.

Ele / Guardian

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Right now, it’s easy to boost power and even a little power goes a long way towards improving damage. It’s not as easy to boost healing power (no Healing Power stacking mechanic; instead, there’s regeneration) and a little healing power doesn’t matter all that much.

However, for those who want to run it, there are all sorts of interesting healing-oriented builds. I have friends who run Healineers and no one ever dies, unless the engineer lags (and even then, not most of the time).

So it strikes me that the balance is already ok for the content we currently have. Maybe that will change in the future. Maybe not.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”