I want to see my minis!

I want to see my minis!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

I was thrilled to hear about changes so that minis would be part of the wardrobe and would not have to be re summoned at map changes….I love running around with my minis in tow.

Now I am incredibly disappointed to see that they are being suppressed due to player numbers on the map. Curiously, when I get a message about low map numbers and the offer to map switch I still cannot display my mini in that map. Tried different graphics settings but still no mini

For people who have paid gems or good gold for these it is unacceptable to now find them hidden in general play. Bit like buying an outfit or weapon skin and not have that visible…outrageous really

Please fix this Anet! I love my minis and I want to see them.

I want to see my minis!

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

There is no FIX for this….it’s designed to keep minis from destroying Sever performance and I’m glad they thought enough to put the limitation in there. Much better than the GW1 solution where only the first X number of players with minis out got to show theirs….

Your claim that this performance saving feature is “outrageous” is kind of outrageous…

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

I want to see my minis!

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

There is no FIX for this….it’s designed to keep minis from destroying Sever performance and I’m glad they thought enough to put the limitation in there. Much better than the GW1 solution where only the first X number of players with minis out got to show theirs….

Your claim that this performance saving feature is “outrageous” is kind of outrageous…

I hope you’re being sarcastic. A very simple fix would be to hide everybody elses minis but your own in high population maps.

I want to see my minis!

Posted by: Naekuh.7925

Naekuh.7925

I hope you’re being sarcastic. A very simple fix would be to hide everybody elses minis but your own in high population maps.

no… cuz then it would need to be done client side, which will open more problems in the form of hacking / duping.

I want to see my minis!

Shazmataz.1423

I can understand that it is a server performance issue but surely Anet should have thought about this before it was implemented?? It’s a no brainer! Surely all bright ideas should be first tested against server performance before being implemented.

What’s the point of having minis if they are going to continually suppressed due to “performance issues” and what’s the point of making them more accessible if they cannot be seen?? None of us knew this would happen when we spent gems on minis. Seems like alot of wasted work on Anet’s part to disappoint those of us who were looking forward to the accessibility of our minis.

I want to see my minis!

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

There is no point, they might as well go back to the old system of minis where they could at least be sold again. There is no point is having a system where you dont have to keep taking out your mini if it just gets hidden anyway.

I want to see my minis!

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m still convinced there is a bug with this system.

I can completely understand that there has to be a limit to the number of minis shown at any given time, and it has to be lower than the total number of players. That is very sensible.

But the way it’s working at the moment does not make sense.

I can go to a busy Edge of the Mists map with 3 large zergs running around and I’m able to see my mini and everyone elses. Then I go to an explorable map where I’m being told the map will close soon due to low population and I also get a message that minis have been hidden due to high population.

My experience so far has been that minis will always show on some types of maps (cities, instances, WvW and the Heart of the Mists) and are always hidden ‘due to rising population’ on others (specifically all explorable maps). That seems more like a bug than the intended design of the system. It certainly doesn’t match what the message is telling us.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

I want to see my minis!

Shazmataz.1423

I hope it’s a bug but with the message it kinda sounds intentional….

Now if there was the same message when people activated their commander tags….. :P

I want to see my minis!

Shazmataz.1423

Sadly it would seem that minis are working as intended….

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Customer-Support-9-9-Feature-Build/first#post4391210

Stealth nerf in the guise of a “feature”….OMG disappointment with this patch just gets worse by the moment

I want to see my minis!

Posted by: Skaigash.4715

Skaigash.4715

no… cuz then it would need to be done client side, which will open more problems in the form of hacking / duping.

It worked fine just before the update.