I want to use guns on most professions.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Azunai.5974

Azunai.5974

Here’s why.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nhlHzYt4xRM&feature=youtu.be&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DnhlHzYt4xRM%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

But yeah, I got nothing against melee weapons or archery. It’s just that in this game, where magic and technology coexist (and sometimes combine), I’d like to have the option to use guns on different professions than the only four we have now.

Could we get a response on whether it’s in the works to give professions access to more current weapons?

Resident deaf elementalist – Tarnished Coast
Everyone needs a little optimism!

Posted by: Vocah.1208

Vocah.1208

I want a longbow on my guardian as well.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Could we get a response on whether it’s in the works to give professions access to more current weapons?

They said that they are working on that, iirc.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Pleurodesed.7625

Pleurodesed.7625

I hope not. I made my guardian thinking of it as a cleric.
Giving the cleric rifkitten ws, daggers and stuff like that would simply destroy the lore.

Azunai.5974

Source? Though I doubt you do have one that explicitly says Anet will make more weapons available to all classes.

Giving the cleric rifkitten ws, daggers and stuff like that would simply destroy the lore.

Well, if they do, just don’t use them! Sorry to be blunt.

I can see it too! The Spirit archer! Or holy archer, like Uryuu from Bleach (oh gosh, havn’t watched that series in YEARS). Or whatever archer. Flexibility in gameplay and theme, that’s what’s important!

(edited by Azunai.5974)

Posted by: Storm of the Ages.9076

Storm of the Ages.9076

They did mention that sometime near the next 6 months mark for the game. There was talk about making more weapon options availible to more classes to add diversity to those classes and then they said something about how ideally they would want all classes to use all classes but they didn’t know how viable that would be. You know how Anet is with their big dreams xD

I will see if I can find it =P

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Source? Though I doubt you do have one that explicitly says _Anet will make more weapons available to all classes.

What’s more is that the team is also working very hard in finding a way to make it so that every profession has access to every weapon and their own weapon skills for those previously locked weapons.

There you go

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Storm of the Ages.9076

From a post on mmorpg.com based on a conversation with Colin:

“the team is also working very kitten finding a way to make it so that every profession has access to every weapon and their own weapon skills for those previously locked weapons. Engineer plus Hammer? Check. Again, there’s no specific timeline for this, but a new progression system is coming.”

Source: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/7597/Guild-Wars-2-ArenaNets-Master-Plan-for-2013.html

Sounds great right??

Pleurodesed.7625

It would ruin the lore whether I use them or not.
It’s like asking for the commando class to come in play and then telling people not to play it if they don’t like it.

Azunai.5974

Source? Though I doubt you do have one that explicitly says _Anet will make more weapons available to all classes.

What’s more is that the team is also working very hard in finding a way to make it so that every profession has access to every weapon and their own weapon skills for those previously locked weapons.

There you go

Yep, read it a hundred times already! The problem is the writer, of a second party website, says that while on Colin’s blog, none of that was mentioned. Just skills and traits.

And even though the writer did say he was talking about it over the phone with Colin about the whole thing, it’s still second hand information and unless said by an Anet dude, my soul will never rest.

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Source? Though I doubt you do have one that explicitly says Anet will make more weapons available to all classes.

I can see it too! The Spirit archer! Or holy archer, like Uryuu from Bleach (oh gosh, havn’t watched that series in YEARS). Or whatever archer. Flexibility in gameplay and theme, that’s what’s important!

Whilst I don’t have the source, I myself have actually heard aswell that they intend to broaden weapon variety on different classes.

I ? Karkas.

Azunai.5974

It would ruin the lore whether I use them or not.
It’s like asking for the commando class to come in play and then telling people not to play it if they don’t like it.

Well, I guess that’s a good analogy. But only if guns are next to impossible for guardians. Who’s to say? Where does it say in lore that guardians can’t pull a trigger?

Is it that guns clash with YOUR idea of what guardians should look like? That guardians should be big hulking metal titans wielding large weapons and bearing sturdy shields to protect himself and allies from attacks?

Well, nothing’s wrong with that. That’s actually pretty cool. But there’s people (like me) who’d like to switch it up and see some guns on a guardian. And me using rifles on guardians wouldn’t stop you from enjoying your guardian in your own way.

Storm of the Ages.9076

MMORPG is a legitimate source for gw2 news. Whenever anything big happens in the game this site is one of the ones that Anet relies on to get the word out. It can be trusted.

Azunai.5974

MMORPG is a legitimate source for gw2 news. Whenever anything big happens in the game this site is one of the ones that Anet relies on to get the word out. It can be trusted.

Fffff. I guess I’ll accept that. For now.

Hopefully we’ll get more word of it this year.

Pleurodesed.7625

If I ever get to see a thief wielding a sledgehammer trying to whack a staff-wielding engineer I’m going to slap my face so hard it’s going to hurt.

I’ll then go cry to sleep thinking that people circumventing walls in wvw using flying sparkling pink ponies they got from BLTC are to come.

It is going to prevent me from enjoying my guardian in my own way; trust me.

(edited by Pleurodesed.7625)

Azunai.5974

If I ever get to see a thief wielding a sledgehammer trying to whack a staff-wielding engineer I’m going to slap my face so hard it’s going to hurt.

I’ll then go cry to sleep thinking of people circumventing walls in wvw using flying sparkling pink ponies they got from BLTC are to come.

It is going to prevent me from enjoying my guardian in my own way; trust me.

Duuude. Those two actually sound awesome. Man, a thief with a hammer getting the jump on you?? kitten, game over man, game over. A staff engineer sounds like a guy who could spawn some stuff to control a point. Man, more turrets or robots would be awesome.

Man! If anything, plenty of people are still going to use the classic guardians. Just that there’ll be the oddball or two running about.

Storm of the Ages.9076

I was watching this subject like a hawk in hopes of the necromancer receiving some sort of cleave weapon. As far as when we will see this kind of thing.. I am guessing it will be much later in the year after they implement the system for obtaining new skills and traits. So much of what they have talked about is already on it’s way and that’s exciting!

Necromancer with ghostly bullets would be amazing btw >.<

Azunai.5974

I was watching this subject like a hawk in hopes of the necromancer receiving some sort of cleave weapon. As far as when we will see this kind of thing.. I am guessing it will be much later in the year after they implement the system for obtaining new skills and traits. So much of what they have talked about is already on it’s way and that’s exciting!

Necromancer with ghostly bullets would be amazing btw >.<

You and me, man, you and me. I soooo want flamin’ bullets. Or icy bullets. Or electric bullets. OR MAGNETIC BULLETS. I’d totally murder for an ability to tag someone with a magnetic attack, causing nearby enemies to be pulled to him. Rifles on elementalists, pleeeesase!