I was unable to find a group for a dungeon: no time

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Some amount of gating is okay. When you make such a rigidly precise scale of gating is when things become bad for the game. There is no real reason to mandate a specific fractal level 1-10 other than trying to get to the 10+ agony levels. Yet, people do it because the system encourages it. It is confusing why they made such a needlessly complex scale.

Posted by: Sondergaard.8469

Sondergaard.8469

I have 5 sets of exotic gear, that will now have to be replaced with new gear. People are already getting to the point of not wanting to do lvl 1 fractals already and asking for full exotic groups and no noobs. I was promised not to have a gear grind, which basically means I will not have to grind out zones every 6 months for new pants so my damage numbers are bigger.

I loved this game because if I was the right lvl and knew the zone I could do the run successfully. I will miss that and soon people will want to have gear scores and ways to check what my gear is what build I am. What happened to just having fun in instance’s, or players helping each out. What happened to just others helping others out in story modes. How about working on new weapons, skills, etc for players not just shiny new armor with stats on them. Introduce more gear for different looks by finding it, making it, exchanging for tokens that anyone can get. Not just the person who can complete a dungeon more then someone who has to work, go to school, take care of kids, etc.

Also any stat increase can give others an advantage over others in wvwvw. Its why it is so easy sometimes to beat other players in 1 vs 1 and other times it can a 5 minute fight.

These issues already existed for current dungeons. Why are you surprised that FotM is receiving the same treatment? The only reason it is more noticeable is because there are more people doing it, and it’s located in the central hub of Lion’s Arch so it’s more convenient to access.

Posted by: Revolution.6301

Revolution.6301

Actually, I have full 80 exotic gear. I’ve had it since the first 2 weeks of the game. That being said, I still don’t like the direction this game is going, and I do NOT like that FoTM is gated. I was happier with the game before this month, tbh. Now, I’m already looking for something new. Expected this one to be a keeper. Shame.

Wel there you have folks! Here is a semi (according to my logic) hardcore player who has lost patience! Wow can’t imagine everyone else.

Does Anet not realize we have lives? I’m in university and can at best put an hour in. I was told that I could feel the use of that hour. How now? That is called false advertising.

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

They are ruining their game, and they are ignoring it so far. It will end in mass exodus. And that’s not to be a dick, i really love this game, it has so much potential. But it’s going the wrong way every day.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Sondergaard.8469

I find it rather funny that people whine and moan about hitting 80 and not having anything to do, no gear progression, no progressive dungeons, etc. So ArenaNet decides to add ONE DUNGEON for these people that wanted to pursue that, and now people piss and moan that they added content for a group of people that were lacking that content.

Why are you assuming that the people wanting gear progression are the same people that are whining about it ?

Get over it people. It’s one dungeon.

One dungeon that we are forced to do if we want the stats that only it provides. Before FOTM, we had multiple ways to get whichever max stat item we wanted.

Also, the biggest problem is that ANET lied to us with the manifesto.

Oh, and btw? Did you check stats on Ascended gear? It’s not that big of a gap to complain about. +2 over the stats of an 80 exotic?

How much of a difference will that be over the full set of Ascended gear that ANET has promised ?

Not to mention that infusion ONLY effects Agony,

You are wrong. Infusions come with stats other than agony resistance.

You assume that ArenaNet won’t continue with listening to their community (as they have proven many times over that they do and will) and look at ways of implementing alternative methods to acquiring Ascended gear. I refer you to the changes made to acquiring precursors for Legendaries, and the planned future changes.

Like I said in my post, I have every faith that they will address these concerns and expand on the current system to allow additional methods to acquire Ascended gear.

Nageth.5648

They are ruining their game, and they are ignoring it so far. It will end in mass exodus. And that’s not to be a dick, i really love this game, it has so much potential. But it’s going the wrong way every day.

I agree that the fractal leveling system is broken and absolutely needs to be fixed.

However, I think this is a tad bit of an exaggeration. They’ve made karma and dungeon tokens easier to obtain. They’re supposedly making legendary precursors easier to obtain. They have been fixing problems. I think they can still make this right but they’ll probably need to address the fractals faster than it took them to address exploration mode dungeons.

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

I find it rather funny that people whine and moan about hitting 80 and not having anything to do, no gear progression, no progressive dungeons, etc. So ArenaNet decides to add ONE DUNGEON for these people that wanted to pursue that, and now people piss and moan that they added content for a group of people that were lacking that content.

Why are you assuming that the people wanting gear progression are the same people that are whining about it ?

Get over it people. It’s one dungeon.

One dungeon that we are forced to do if we want the stats that only it provides. Before FOTM, we had multiple ways to get whichever max stat item we wanted.

Also, the biggest problem is that ANET lied to us with the manifesto.

Oh, and btw? Did you check stats on Ascended gear? It’s not that big of a gap to complain about. +2 over the stats of an 80 exotic?

How much of a difference will that be over the full set of Ascended gear that ANET has promised ?

Not to mention that infusion ONLY effects Agony,

You are wrong. Infusions come with stats other than agony resistance.

You assume that ArenaNet won’t continue with listening to their community (as they have proven many times over that they do and will) and look at ways of implementing alternative methods to acquiring Ascended gear. I refer you to the changes made to acquiring precursors for Legendaries, and the planned future changes.

Like I said in my post, I have every faith that they will address these concerns and expand on the current system to allow additional methods to acquire Ascended gear.

You might have faith in something happening which we have heard nothing about or seen no indication of happening.

The rest of us react to what actually happen and that ANet went back on their word thus far and did something they said they wouldn’t do.
And looking in the game, and the direction right now, implemented, is different from what I bought this game for. And the ‘gearscore’ is now suddenly a major factor again.

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Why should them making Legendary weapons, which were always meant to be something that takes ages to get, quicker to acquire as proof of anything good ?
How was precursors being too hard to obtain even a problem ?

As for faith in ANET, I had that right up until the point they introduced Ascended gear and made their own advertising a lie. Then they made it worse when their solution to the precursor ‘problem’ was a reward at the end of a one time only event, to show everyone that they think real life issues like sleep and work should be of lesser important than attending ANET’s ‘epic’ events.

Maybe they will fix it. But I no longer have any faith that they will do the right thing, so I’ll be complaining till they fix it or I give up and go play something else. Though ANET saying something about this mess they caused might soften my attitude.

Nageth.5648

Why should them making Legendary weapons, which were always meant to be something that takes ages to get, quicker to acquire as proof of anything good ?
How was precursors being too hard to obtain even a problem ?

As for faith in ANET, I had that right up until the point they introduced Ascended gear and made their own advertising a lie. Then they made it worse when their solution to the precursor ‘problem’ was a reward at the end of a one time only event, to show everyone that they think real life issues like sleep and work should be of lesser important than attending ANET’s ‘epic’ events.

Maybe they will fix it. But I no longer have any faith that they will do the right thing, so I’ll be complaining till they fix it or I give up and go play something else. Though ANET saying something about this mess they caused might soften my attitude.

They increased the rate of acquiring pretty much all the materials. While I agree that legendaries should be difficult to get, they were encouraging rather obsessive behavior as far as acquiring the materials. What this shows is that they’re willing to allow progression from more play styles. I bet ascended gear will not be limited to the extreme end of the fractal grind. That doesn’t fix the current problem with fractals, though (and hopefully they will fix the fractured player base sooner rather than later).

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

<snip>
<snip>

Yeah – huge kitten reward from a special one time event whereas the Halloween event which at least could be done gave some weird hat.
One time events in MMOs are bad enough. One time events which provide huge rewards in a MMO is …… well, I lack word from a customers viewpoint.

Sondergaard.8469

You might have faith in something happening which we have heard nothing about or seen no indication of happening.

The rest of us react to what actually happen and that ANet went back on their word thus far and did something they said they wouldn’t do.
And looking in the game, and the direction right now, implemented, is different from what I bought this game for. And the ‘gearscore’ is now suddenly a major factor again.

Fair enough, and perhaps my initial wording came off a bit too harsh? I come off a bit flippant but I find this all a bit of a knee-jerk reaction. As you pointed out, we DON’T know the design direction ArenaNet is taking. We do know what they have promised. We do know that they have a great track record of listening to the players. And we do know that if there are many unhappy players with the current state of things, they will find a way to address that.

There are several factors to account for ArenaNet being silent on this issue. For one, it’s the weekend. They’ve all been either enjoying the content, or working on rapid bug fixes. When have they had the time to sit down and think out a solid response, or resolution to the issues proposed? None at all. These issues that people are discussing may, or may not have any validity in a week.

The dungeon hasn’t been out long enough to really build any metrics or form any real patterns. Yes you have elitists who will always be elitists. They have existed since day one in just about every MMO ever to hit the market. Do they account for the majority of the player base? No.

As you can see in this thread, there are tons of people mentioning that they are more casual and don’t want to play every day for hours on end to keep up. Well, look around you. I see many people here who share similar opinions and are at the same gear level as you (not directed at any one person in particular) to group up with and progress.

I think that people are not really giving ArenaNet a fair chance to consider the issues and come up with a game plan to address the concerns being brought up. They can’t just out and say “We’re gonna do this and this and this…” if they haven’t even thought out the repercussions of those changes, or even what those changes will be!

Furthermore, there were tons of people screaming that dungeons were not rewarding enough, so they added another layer in a single dungeon that provides content to a player base that up to this point, did not have that type of game play they were seeking. Does Ascended gear really create that much of a gap? No. Not at all. Considering I can go into WvWvW wearing all level 70 gear at 80 and still be competitive. That’s a huge gear gap! So what? 50 extra points on your primary stat with a full set? That’s being generous, if it is even that much. Not a huge gap, especially with scaling and their ability to tweak scaling for pvp/wvw independently of pve.

Everyone just needs to take a deep breath, give ArenaNet a few days to think about it, and calm down. Lashing out, ranting, throwing a tantrum, attacking other players, and generally making a ‘kitten’ of yourselves literally helps nothing. That was my point in my post.

(edited by Sondergaard.8469)

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

I find it rather funny that people whine and moan about hitting 80 and not having anything to do, no gear progression, no progressive dungeons, etc. So ArenaNet decides to add ONE DUNGEON for these people that wanted to pursue that, and now people piss and moan that they added content for a group of people that were lacking that content. What’s even funnier is the fact that the people complaining act like the other 99% of the game no longer exists because of one dungeon.

Get over it people. It’s one dungeon. There are plenty of groups you can get into to do it without being on dungeon level 7+. Tons. I stand in Lion’s arch for 10 minutes and I see 20+ calls for LFG Level 1-3.

Lastly, you act like there won’t be other methods for acquiring Ascended gear. If I know ArenaNet, there is never just ‘one way’ to accomplish goals in GW2. While FotM might be the only way to get Ascended gear currently, I have faith that it will be expanded upon and new methods will be introduced as time progresses. For example, mystic forge, random chests, events, renown, etc.

The dungeon literally JUST came out. Stop having a panic attack and give things time to settle before you start screaming the sky is falling.

Oh, and btw? Did you check stats on Ascended gear? It’s not that big of a gap to complain about. +2 over the stats of an 80 exotic? Not to mention that infusion ONLY effects Agony, so it’s not like it’s some super powerful godly item with ultimate usefulness UNLESS you are fighting against enemies that cause agony.

Lets check out these stat changes. First we will look at ascended vs exotic then exotic vs rare. So to start when you compair (http://www.gw2db.com/items/71372-bagh-nakh) to (http://www.gw2db.com/items/58008-ruby-orichalcum-ring) and (http://www.gw2db.com/items/26447-exquisite-beryl-jewel-s). Then you compair (http://www.gw2db.com/items/58008-ruby-orichalcum-ring) and (http://www.gw2db.com/items/26447-exquisite-beryl-jewel-s) to (http://www.gw2db.com/items/58001-ruby-mithril-ring) and (http://www.gw2db.com/items/26410-beryl-orb-s) you see that from exotic to ascended its a difference of +7, +5, +3, +3, +1%, +1% which is a total of 18 point stat boost with a 2% boost to crit damage. Where as from rare to exotic its a +8, +6, +5, +1, +1% which is a total of a 20 point stat boost with a 1% crit damage boost. This is going to be basically the same difference you see from rare to exotic which is a noticeable difference.

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

They increased the rate of acquiring pretty much all the materials. While I agree that legendaries should be difficult to get, they were encouraging rather obsessive behavior as far as acquiring the materials. What this shows is that they’re willing to allow progression from more play styles. I bet ascended gear will not be limited to the extreme end of the fractal grind. That doesn’t fix the current problem with fractals, though (and hopefully they will fix the fractured player base sooner rather than later).

Tell me, how did any of their changes to Legendary acquisition change the number of ways the components could be acquired ?
All I see is that you can get them quicker. I don’t see any new methods to acquire them.

But I also see that Ascended gear was launched with exactly one way to get it. Thus closing off all other paths from getting max stat gear. A major reduction in options.

So I see this as a net reduction in options.

Posted by: Sender.7958

Sender.7958

Actually I think in time people will realize that speed clearing lower difficulty fractal levels is more efficient reward-wise than running inferno mode (levels 15+). Whether you’re chasing fractal tokens or trash rares for salvaging. This would mean that players on lower difficulties would be sought-after instead of being discriminated against.

Its kinda how people are suggesting that story mode dungeons give improved rewards (though of course not at par with exp mode). If story mode gave say 30 tokens, hardcores would consider doing it for their token grinds while casuals would have a chance to complete story mode. Instead of what we have now where its almost impossible to put together a story group.

Nageth.5648

Tell me, how did any of their changes to Legendary acquisition change the number of ways the components could be acquired ?
All I see is that you can get them quicker. I don’t see any new methods to acquire them.

But I also see that Ascended gear was launched with exactly one way to get it. Thus closing off all other paths from getting max stat gear. A major reduction in options.

So I see this as a net reduction in options.

Karma acquisition doesn’t require such blatant grinding (the addition of the vials and bags). Many of the materials also do not require obsessive grinding either. Yes, you still need to run dungeons to get the requisite gift (but that is much easier these days). They also added some ways to get materials by running fotm (although that is problematic due to the current state of fotm lfg). They’ve stated they’re going to open up more paths for legendaries and progression in general. So yes, you need to take their word at that.

Posted by: Maz.8604

Maz.8604

Normal player.. tons of hours..

I have a wife, kids and a job.. could not log in until tonight does to my daughter having her confirmation.. you know REAL life..

My 80 mesmer could not get a group for the new dungeon.. Everyone had to be level 7 or some odd crap to do it….

72 hours out of the loop and ZERO chance to get a group? This game talked about no grinding and you can’t take three days off at max level and not land a group now??

Hey, you clearly have money. Man up and buy some gems, turn them into gold and pay someone to drag your carebear self through. That way Anet can take its cut.

/s

Posted by: Maz.8604

Maz.8604

I find it rather funny that people whine and moan about hitting 80 and not having anything to do, no gear progression, no progressive dungeons, etc. So ArenaNet decides to add ONE DUNGEON for these people that wanted to pursue that, and now people piss and moan that they added content for a group of people that were lacking that content. What’s even funnier is the fact that the people complaining act like the other 99% of the game no longer exists because of one dungeon.

Get over it people. It’s one dungeon. There are plenty of groups you can get into to do it without being on dungeon level 7+. Tons. I stand in Lion’s arch for 10 minutes and I see 20+ calls for LFG Level 1-3.

Lastly, you act like there won’t be other methods for acquiring Ascended gear. If I know ArenaNet, there is never just ‘one way’ to accomplish goals in GW2. While FotM might be the only way to get Ascended gear currently, I have faith that it will be expanded upon and new methods will be introduced as time progresses. For example, mystic forge, random chests, events, renown, etc.

The dungeon literally JUST came out. Stop having a panic attack and give things time to settle before you start screaming the sky is falling.

Oh, and btw? Did you check stats on Ascended gear? It’s not that big of a gap to complain about. +2 over the stats of an 80 exotic? Not to mention that infusion ONLY effects Agony, so it’s not like it’s some super powerful godly item with ultimate usefulness UNLESS you are fighting against enemies that cause agony.

Lets check out these stat changes. First we will look at ascended vs exotic then exotic vs rare. So to start when you compair (http://www.gw2db.com/items/71372-bagh-nakh) to (http://www.gw2db.com/items/58008-ruby-orichalcum-ring) and (http://www.gw2db.com/items/26447-exquisite-beryl-jewel-s). Then you compair (http://www.gw2db.com/items/58008-ruby-orichalcum-ring) and (http://www.gw2db.com/items/26447-exquisite-beryl-jewel-s) to (http://www.gw2db.com/items/58001-ruby-mithril-ring) and (http://www.gw2db.com/items/26410-beryl-orb-s) you see that from exotic to ascended its a difference of +7, +5, +3, +3, +1%, +1% which is a total of 18 point stat boost with a 2% boost to crit damage. Where as from rare to exotic its a +8, +6, +5, +1, +1% which is a total of a 20 point stat boost with a 1% crit damage boost. This is going to be basically the same difference you see from rare to exotic which is a noticeable difference.

This is the problem with the new tier. Increasing percentages. Even WoW refused to do that in vanilla. Remember that blue ring with 2% to crit? The next upgrade never came until Naxrammas 60. And now they’re inflating percentage based stats after three months? That’ll get out of hand quick.

Sondergaard.8469

Yeah, I didn’t know there were stats on the infusions, as I hadn’t seen any that did more than reduce agony by 5. However, I would point you to the post just above yours and read my further statement on my stance.

In brief, I’m not saying the concerns aren’t valid. I am saying that people need to calm down and give ArenaNet a chance to think about the feedback, look at the metrics, and provide us with a solution. That’s going to take more than a weekend.

Nageth.5648

Another point in favor of taking a breath here is that anet didn’t put a full set of ascended gear in. They were obviously aware that what they’re doing could go very very badly.

SiNoS.2147

Yeah, I didn’t know there were stats on the infusions, as I hadn’t seen any that did more than reduce agony by 5. However, I would point you to the post just above yours and read my further statement on my stance.

In brief, I’m not saying the concerns aren’t valid. I am saying that people need to calm down and give ArenaNet a chance to think about the feedback, look at the metrics, and provide us with a solution. That’s going to take more than a weekend.

Oh im not saying we dont need to give them a chance. Im just pointing out the stats are infact not minor. As your earlier post said “YOU” can do it, as could I, in lower level gear. From my experience most people cant given when i go into a zerg if they are not in max gear i lay them out 3-5 at a time before i retreat as i’ve blown my guardian’s abilities. As for infusions that stuff i linked infact isent including the infusion stats. It gets worse with infusions.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Group with other normal players?

Logic! How does it work?

Posted by: GrapeGatsby.6937

GrapeGatsby.6937

A lot of people are still on Fractal difficulty 1, however if you are on a small population server this may not be true as there are people that cannot find groups at this point due to the nature of FotM. The only way to fix this would to either have resets for the difficulty not exactly the most favorable choice, the better alternative would be for A.net to either implement a zone that people of all servers can go into or a cross server group finder similar to that of other mmorpgs, until they do this you’re pretty much out of luck unless you find a guild/friends that are willing to run you through lower difficulty.

Sondergaard.8469

Oh im not saying we dont need to give them a chance. Im just pointing out the stats are infact not minor. As your earlier post said “YOU” can do it, as could I, in lower level gear. From my experience most people cant given when i go into a zerg if they are not in max gear i lay them out 3-5 at a time before i retreat as i’ve blown my guardian’s abilities. As for infusions that stuff i linked infact isent including the infusion stats. It gets worse with infusions.

That’s a fair point too, but I don’t think the issue is entirely gear on that. Granted, it doesn’t help the situation if a player is already struggling, to have the added advantage given to their foe. But at the same time, that same advantage can be given to themselves. Depending on where ArenaNet goes with Ascended gear, that addition could be easier to acquire than it currently is.

I’m of the personal opinion that WvW shouldn’t be linked to PvE at all and should function more like sPvP with gear progression. After all, WvW is just another form of PvP, and to keep things fair and balanced, gear, skills, and stats should flatline. That would make stat progression gear wise purely a PvE pursuit where it’s not as critical to have the best of the best to be competitive and a solid functioning member of a party.

Posted by: Falcon Night.4653

Falcon Night.4653

Guys ANET had to make money, even if they had to throw out their manifesto to do it. I’m a casual player with a lvl 80 character without any exotic gear. The new update is not for me.
I just play the way I want to play and not the game ANET wants me to play. I’ve no interest in grinding gear and if that’s what it takes to do the Fractals dungeon then kitten FOTM.
I haven’t paid a cent more that the box price and as far as I’m concerned I got my money’s worth. I’m not going to pay anything else cause this game is not worth it for me. Especially with the latest update. So I’m going to enjoy doing my own thing till something else comes out.

These are not the droid you are looking for, move along… → ESO, FireFall, NW :)

Posted by: Xpiher.5209

Xpiher.5209

I’ve yet to start running the new Fractals, but I’m not too concerned because I know my guild will help me out. If you don’t have access to a guild, you could always try to start your own lower difficulty group..

With the way it’s implemented now I wouldn’t count on that too much unless you’re willing to be on a lot. The ideas of levels is well designed with the exception of locking to the LOWEST member in the party. If your guild has been at it all day and you get on they will have to spend an extra 2 hours per level running content they’ve been through in order to get you up to speed.

Luckily there is a quick fix for them if this if it becomes a real issue:
“Patch note XXX: FOTM now sets the level being entered to the level highest in the group.”

Except that goes against progression

Guys ANET had to make money, even if they had to throw out their manifesto to do it. I’m a casual player with a lvl 80 character without any exotic gear. The new update is not for me.
I just play the way I want to play and not the game ANET wants me to play. I’ve no interest in grinding gear and if that’s what it takes to do the Fractals dungeon then kitten FOTM.
I haven’t paid a cent more that the box price and as far as I’m concerned I got my money’s worth. I’m not going to pay anything else cause this game is not worth it for me. Especially with the latest update. So I’m going to enjoy doing my own thing till something else comes out.

You do realize that by not grinding the fractals you will miss content in the future and be even worse in WvW right?

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

I never complained, and the new gear is at least +20% better than current. do the may.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

Posted by: Krustydog.1043

Krustydog.1043

Who cares anymore? I just want my money back. Games folding faster than Superman on wash day.

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Problem is, I don’t see how Ascended gear makes them money. There is nothing in the gem store worth buying.

Cosmetic options are always a good money earner (just look at TF2). The problem with the gem store options is that they are almost all town clothes. Which means you don’t get to see them most of the time.
Appearance changers are another good option. ANET put them on the store for less than a day, then pulled them due to unspecified bugs.

So all Ascended gear does is get people to be online for longer than normal, costing ANET money.

Lets imagine someone who is playing the GW2 trial. Then the person who gave them a trial key, the person who was pushing them to try GW2. tells them about how the manifesto is a lie. How many sales has that cost ANET ?

Oh and the people wanting vertical progression ?
They’ll be going back to WoW soon, as everything I’ve heard (having never played WoW myself) says WoW does it better. So they were never going to become GW2’s core audience.

Posted by: Kalas.4537

Kalas.4537

I had high hopes for GW2, beeing a) a big fan of GW1 and b) fed up with WoW-Clones.
Played them all: WAR, AoC, SWTOR, etc. and stoped playing them after a month or so…cause it`s the same game, with diffrent looks and some little tweak here and there.
The only difference between GW2 and the average WoW-Clone is the combat-system…and there was the fact that you don`t have to spend x-amount of time to be able to compete in WvW, PvP and PvE.
Yes, i too had to grow myself into getting along with the fact of not improving my char-stats..cause every kitteny semi-RPG depends on that.
Well, now there`s just the combat-system left..and no one, literaly no one needs another boring WoW-Clone.
There was a market for this, but there`s no market for another WoW-Clone..and Anet will perhaps realize this aswell..every single WoW-Clone failed hard the last years…the very same moment a developer starts listening to the locust-poser-swarm, you can bet that the game will crush sooner than later…that`s just what the market has shown the last years to be true.
Instead of offering what GW1 offered, a contrast to the boring, average, old as kitten MMO-Formula, they turned GW2 into another miserable WoW-Clone.
Even when you take the cash-shop into account….maybe follow the Riot-formula…skins, boosts, etc. , worked for them, didn`t it.

Will there never be a big MMO-release with some fresh air?
This is gettin frustrating like hell.
Scratch the fact that`s always fantasy, sci-fi seems to be destiened to fail,
scratch the fact that it`s always roaming+dungeons+pvp,
scratch the fact that it`s always hotkey+cd-based,
we`ve now learned that it will always be carrot-on-stick in big realeses…chances of gettin a MMO which you can play without beeing “forced” to play it → gone…and it felt so kitten good..a real shame.

SiNoS.2147

That’s a fair point too, but I don’t think the issue is entirely gear on that. Granted, it doesn’t help the situation if a player is already struggling, to have the added advantage given to their foe. But at the same time, that same advantage can be given to themselves. Depending on where ArenaNet goes with Ascended gear, that addition could be easier to acquire than it currently is.

I’m of the personal opinion that WvW shouldn’t be linked to PvE at all and should function more like sPvP with gear progression. After all, WvW is just another form of PvP, and to keep things fair and balanced, gear, skills, and stats should flatline. That would make stat progression gear wise purely a PvE pursuit where it’s not as critical to have the best of the best to be competitive and a solid functioning member of a party.

Eh i honestly dident mind the pve gear in WvW due to it added something to it that you dident have in SPvP. But if they plan to keep increasing gear im fully in the thought that WvW should just be SPvP gear. Then again i also dont think they should add gear progression as it puts you in line to have to deal with WoW which already does it, and does it better. Its just not something you can survive doing as well. Of all the major MMO’s that have been out since wow’s launch not one has truly survived trying to go head to head with it.

(edited by SiNoS.2147)

Posted by: sirca.6473

sirca.6473

This game is becoming a grind fest for no life players. My interest went drastically down following this so called “massive contente update”. Gratz Anet!

SiNoS.2147

I never complained, and the new gear is at least +20% better than current. do the may.

Hes already realized he was mistaken on that. No reason to keep beating him over the head. Hes actually one of the ones that will admit when he makes a mistake.

Posted by: dalendria.3762

dalendria.3762

@Sondergaard “I think that people are not really giving ArenaNet a fair chance to consider the issues and come up with a game plan to address the concerns being brought up.”

These are issues of their own making. The major reason many people are angry is because Arenanet has reversed, butchered a core product design feature that they have had in place for 7 years. Just what kind of game plan do you think they can create for that?

The media has already picked up on this and like many here called them out on doing a 180 degree turn. That is different than having to address bugs, class balancing, lack of content, etc. They have now put themselves in a position where they need to restore their brand image. They look like a company that cannot be trusted. Winning back consumer trust will be difficult.

This is looking more and more like the Bioware ME3 fiasco or the Sony SWG NGE debacle. And look how those turned out.

Can you feel it? HOT HOT HOT

Posted by: Urxx.6840

Urxx.6840

If you are not able to grind often, I strongly suggest you play another game

Fixed for ya.

For anybody who knew ANet for a long time, It’s pretty obvious they got hijacked.

GW2 is not a friedly place for casuals anymore. Right now actual differences with the past are marginal, but they’ll become worse patch after patch.

It is very possible to cater to grinders AND casuals alike. You just have to make grind optional and still reward it adequately with looks / status but NOT power and / or gating mechanics like difficulty scale or agony. That’s how the original legendaries were. That’s what GW1 did successfully for 7 years.

But ANet suddenly decided to take the easy route and provide content in the form of gear grind. Non only that, they made sure they made grind somewhat mandatory for those who don’t want to be left behind.

For those like the OP who’s uncomfortable with level scale in FotM, wait and see when full ascended sets of armor and weapons will be in…

Posted by: Pants.8315

Pants.8315

I re-rolled my full exotic Guardian last week (generally fed up of how she looked), so it’ll be at least another 3 weeks (I have a holiday next week) before I’m 80 and getting towards gear again.

However, I’m not concerned people will be ahead, simply because, if there isn’t a group for me, I will make my own. The wonderful thing about MMO’s is there’s always a few like minded individuals, and there’s always alts.

Posted by: Balraw.3196

Balraw.3196

There are some valid arguments in this thread for both sides of the fence (also some I would just consider to be whining for the sake of it but that is by the by).

Anyhow FotM has been out for what three day or so and Anet have been a little busy running an event over those days as well. So personally I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and will wait to see where they take this once all the dust has settled and they have had time to see how things are shaping up.

Urxx.6840

However, I’m not concerned people will be ahead, simply because, if there isn’t a group for me, I will make my own. The wonderful thing about MMO’s is there’s always a few like minded individuals, and there’s always alts.

You don’t understand what lieas ahead, do you?

This has been posted on GW2’s official german forums by the german Community Manager, and thus an ANet representative, and then translated on reddit with the help of german players to ensure translation was faithful to the original:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/139a4j/official_post_ascended_items_on_german_forums/

Ramon Domke (translated from German):

They are explicitly not promising that Ascended gear will be the last item tier

and

New and existing content will be adjusted for the new tier.

When full ascended sets will be in, current dungeons will be too easy so they will be adjusted to match the new gear tier.

You can play with like-minded people as much as you want, but you’ll still be forced to grind unless you want to be cut off a growing portion of new and existing content.

It won’t even be the party cutting you out, it will be the content itself.

Simple as that.

Posted by: Pants.8315

Pants.8315

You don’t understand what lieas ahead, do you?

This has been posted on GW2’s official german forums by the german Community Manager, and thus an ANet representative, and then translated on reddit with the help of german players to ensure translation was faithful to the original:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/139a4j/official_post_ascended_items_on_german_forums/

They are explicitly not promising that Ascended gear will be the last item tier

and

New and existing content will be adjusted for the new tier.

When full ascended sets will be in, current dungeons will be too easy so they will be adjusted to match the new gear tier.

You can play with like-minded people as much as you want, but you’ll still be forced to grind unless you want to be cut off a growing portion of new and existing content.

It won’t even be the party cutting you out, it will be the content itself.

Simple as that.

And I’ll absorb that content at my own pace. I won’t be cut off because I will never be the only person who wants to do it, there will always be late comers, alts, other people who take their time to do the content, people willing to go back and do lower level content. (I for one do this)

And I really don’t care if they explicitly say one way or the other if it’s the last tier. It won’t change the pace I absorb the content, I don’t have to be at the cutting edge of gear, it doesn’t bother me in the slightest if X Lego Lass X is stood next to me with a Legendary sword and an ascended back piece whilst I’m still rocking my Exotics.

Posted by: Dogblaster.6713

Dogblaster.6713

Normal player.. tons of hours..

I have a wife, kids and a job.. could not log in until tonight does to my daughter having her confirmation.. you know REAL life..

My 80 mesmer could not get a group for the new dungeon.. Everyone had to be level 7 or some odd crap to do it….

72 hours out of the loop and ZERO chance to get a group? This game talked about no grinding and you can’t take three days off at max level and not land a group now??

Sorry .. This is an mmorpg.

Those who are casuals will always be behind and those who playes 10+ hours a day will always be ahead, having better and nicer gear.

Thats what mmorpgs are about.

Stop complaining about you having real life stuff to do and you cant play a game. Its not AREANETs fault you cant play the game as much as you want to.

FoTM was CLEARLY MADE FOR THOSE who want PROGRESS. For HC PvE players which play 10+ hours a day and having nothing to do in GW 2. . NO for casuals.

Really .. people these days complain about everything

Urxx.6840

Those who are casuals will always be behind and those who playes 10+ hours a day will always be ahead, having better and nicer gear.

Stop complaining about you having real life stuff to do and you cant play a game. Its not AREANETs fault you cant play the game as much as you want to.

FoTM was CLEARLY MADE FOR THOSE who want PROGRESS. For HC PvE players which play 10+ hours a day and having nothing to do in GW 2. . NO for casuals.

That would be perfectly fine hadn’t ArenaNet attracted a lot of players explicitly promising what you just said would never happen in their game.

And the manifesto didn’t sound like pure marketing because if was backed by 7 years of proven track record.

Until now.

Dogblaster.6713

That would be perfectly fine hadn’t ArenaNet attracted a lot of players explicitly promising what you just said would never happen in their game.

And the manifesto didn’t sound like pure marketing because if was backed by 7 years of proven track record.

Until now.

So they said that HC PvE players like me with 200+ explorable runs, almost finished legendary, 1000 hours player will not have any progression dungeon?

They created this dungeon for hc pve players so they have something to progress on, for a months. Every other dungeon out there can be done in hour.

I dont see why are you mad? Cause they add dungeon that was made for HC pve players who want progression? Well A lot of players loves it and those who dont or dont have time for it, here is news for you. Dont do it.

Manifesto … bha, this argmunt is already making me sick.

This dungeon did add grind but for those WHO wants it like me (1000 hours played) and if you expected no grind in MMORPG then you are nothing but fool, sorry. I love grind. And I am doing it for skins etc, not stats.

(edited by Dogblaster.6713)

SiNoS.2147

Until now.

So they said that HC PvE players like me with 200+ explorable runs, almost finished legendary, 1000 hours player will not have any progression dungeon?

They created this dungeon for hc pve players so they have something to progress on, for a months. Every other dungeon out there can be done in hour.

I dont see why are you mad? Cause they add dungeon that was made for HC pve players who want progression? Well A lot of players loves it and those who dont or dont have time for it, here is news for you. Dont do it.

People like this poster will never get it if they have not figured out the real issue here by now. Just ignore the troll. Eventually he will starve and move on to a meal somewhere else.

Posted by: Ivonbeton.6814

Ivonbeton.6814

Come to underworld server, I’m at level 11 and can’t find a group. This map chat is being spammed by people who want to do level 1. And that’s in every overflow I visit.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

To OP: I’m simply going to work on leveling alts and avoiding the whole end-game gear grind altogether.

I would have expected to be playing this game for years, but it looks like it will just be a few months.

This.

And not give ANet any more of my money, I must add.

Polish > hype

Dogblaster.6713

I just dont understand how anyone can throw argument like: ‘’I have life, I have to work and I have 10 kids so I cant play that much’’

And what about players like me and my friends who play 6-10+ hours a day (atm at 1000 hours played)
I ve done 200+ explorable dungeons and have nothing to do in PvE, I had to create several 80 lvl characters and still I have no use for tokens anymore.

The new dungeon is for those who dont have 10 dogs, 10 kids, 10 wifes and 20 works. For those who want to progress something. Not gear, cause I dont care about ascended gear at all. But because of fractal weapons and rare, exotic reward and mainly challange at high difficulties like 15+.

You cant blame NO ONE but yourself for not having enought time.

First you complained that full gear from dungoen like Arah, AC is grind … Legendary is grind and now Fractal is another grind. Well you see. MMORPGs are about a grind, what arenanet did was just marketing what every company intend to make.

P.S.: Guild Wars 1 had grind too, go try to farm yourself Obsidian armor .. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Obsidian_armor

I agree with one thing, give other dungeons same loot like Fractals have. Rares and exotics from chests !!!

(edited by Dogblaster.6713)

Posted by: Fletch.4603

Fletch.4603

So this game went from something that that anyone could level up in, to Wow where you have to play 24.7 and gear checks to know if you are allowed into a group..

Amazing..

Sure Anet will have someway for people to buy gems to gain fotm levels in a month (right before x-mas) to boost sales

I dont mind the PvE stuff personally but only because I do not PvE.
But if this stuff has an impact on PvP I am going to be highly upset.
I didnt buy this game to gear grind PvP.

Urxx.6840

I dont see why are you mad? Cause they add dungeon that add progress? Well A lot of players loves it and those who dont or dont have time for it, here is news for you. Dont do it.

I have a feeling I’m feeding a troll, but anyways.

I have no problems with the new dungeon and if you’re happy that you have something new to do, good for you.

What goes against ANet’s promises is that your playstyle is now forced on everybody, while they always said that if someone wanted to grind they would get better looks and better status in exchange, but not higher power items.

Because when you introduce higher power items you have to adjust the whole content to them, otherwise what’s the point of having level scaling to make everything equally challenging to everybody?

The same goes for WvW, where players in full ascended sets will dominate players in exotics.

At that point, casuals are left out, because they can’t afford ascended items, which now are just rings and backpacks but will become whole sets.

When all casuals will be gone, with whom will you brag about our 5th legendary? In Lyon’s Arch you will only see hardcore players with their legendaries and in full ascended sets.

And since I suspect most of you guys don’t spend much in the gem store and ANet will have hundreds of salaries and the infrastructure to pay, their cash flow will become negative.

They will be forced to lay off people and won’t be able to add as much content as they are doing now. And then you and all the other content locust will go elsewhere.

ANet will have lost their loyal followers, you guys, and their reputation.

Sounds far fecthed and dramatic?

Mark my words if they don’t do something about this new direction.

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Its hard to progress in a game when I feel like I am no longer the target audience.

Well put!

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

I just dont understand how anyone can throw argument like: ‘’I have life, I have to work and I have 10 kids so I cant play that much’’

And what about players like me and my friends who play 6-10+ hours a day (atm at 1000 hours played)
I ve done 200+ explorable dungeons and have nothing to do in PvE, I had to create several 80 lvl characters and still I have no use for tokens anymore.

The new dungeon is for those who dont have 10 dogs, 10 kids, 10 wifes and 20 works. For those who want to progress something

You cant blame NO ONE but yourself for not having enought time.

The issue is though this game should not have had anything like. You should be able to go away for 6 months and not have to grind your butt off to play with people again.

Gw1 never had a gear grind, and i loved it since I could stop playing to focus on other things, come back and still be able to play with friends in game. They had tons of appearance loot, mini’s, armor for heros, and the game was about skill/skills, not shiny new armor and weapons with higher stats to increase your damage or health.

I was looking forward to be done collecting exotic armor to finally focus on making it all look different, getting hearts done, doing more wvwvw, and everything else to get a legendary weapon at my own pace. Now its about a grind to get gear, got to replace my armor so I can compete with others in a new instance which makes all others almost pointless to run because you will not get the better gear from it. Do not say its just a few stats better, those stats will equal percents once get you get them which if taken to wvwvw gives you a advantage over others.

Eventually your former bored pve players will get bored again, you will want new armor with higher stats again, and the process will repeat. This will drive the loyal fan base they had away. They will be left with a bunch of people who are just looking for shiny new numbers for whatever reason.

I do not mind the new dungeon but they should have just added the infusion slot on all exotic armor and keep adding new skins for everything. Then work on skills and balance issues. Because this game should be about skill, not who has the gear to migrate the damage. Get them to add new skills to the class’s, add new weapons etc.

(edited by gamefreak.5673)

SiNoS.2147

I have a feeling I’m feeding a troll, but anyways.

Hince my last post :P. Let the troll starve to death.