I went through a lot

I went through a lot

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Redxon.6832

Redxon.6832

But honestly, Warrior and Ranger are my 2 favorite classes hands down! I love them both and that’s all I want to play from now on. I have 1 of each class and many level 80s, but I love warrior and ranger the best.

Is it okay If I just play my warrior and ranger from now on? Or do I HAVE to gear my other classes as well? I can be good with all classes but the others are just not fun to me at all. So is it okay if I just play warr and ranger?

I went through a lot

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

just play w/e classes u like the most

R.I.P Kumu <3

I went through a lot

Posted by: Wizzey.7845

Wizzey.7845

you can play whatever profession you want to play.

I went through a lot

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Just play whatever you like. Unless you’re into a seriously hardcore play style, pretty much anything is reasonably viable.

My Elementalist is my main, and he’s fitted out in Exotics with ascended trinkets, but my alts are all wearing a weird mish-mash of exotics, rares, and even occasional masterworks. I usually make sure to bring my main if I know I’m in for a rough fight, but I rarely, if ever, have serious difficulty with my alts, either, even though their builds have zero thought put into them. (They’re more for casual play, which fits most of my needs.)

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

I went through a lot

Posted by: Redxon.6832

Redxon.6832

thanks, ya idk cus lotta people been telling me that ranger is useless – but the people I run dungeons with say I’m great to have, and I LOVE WARRIOR but people are like “meh…not great dps…”

so what do people like the best these days? I know guardian is loved, but to me its not fun at all!

btw I think warr is the only class atm that can Solo ARAH…? why do people say it sucks then?

I went through a lot

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

One will find, as one grows older, that listening to what others have to say about one’s personal choices rarely brings one happiness.

Or, from a popular saying back in the 60s….If it feels good, do it! =)

I went through a lot

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I’m afraid that if you gear your ranger and if it’s not Zerker even without it being Zerker you’ll be met with discrimination in some cases. It’s happening all over again. Play what you like to play but expect that there will be some bad apples until they fix combat roles that is.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

I went through a lot

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

If people are saying that warrior doesn’t have great dps, either you’re geared/traited wrong, or they don’t know what they’re talking about. I’ve never heard anyone seriously say that warrior sucks. It’s pretty much the most desired class in PvE.

I’m confused by your post. If you got a bunch of replies telling you that you have to play your alts, would it make sense for you to play your alts if you’re not having fun? Do what’s fun. It’s a game. Nobody can make you play any profession you don’t want to play.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

I went through a lot

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

As people say, do what you like. They’re your characters. Some people love having many characters some only like playing just the one. I’ve got 5 maxxed characters and recently bought another slot to try a 6th. My first 5 are fully kitted in ascended/exotics with ascended/exotic trinkets only because I wanted to see what they performed like at max and to see if I really wanted to keep playing them. As it is, my main my warrior but I also have a necro, thief, ranger and guardian although I play my guardian very little.

I went through a lot

Posted by: Arzo.8671

Arzo.8671

Don’t get tied up in what others recommend. You’ll have issues joining pick-up groups for fractals or dungeons but just create your own groups. I run a ranger as my main with PVT stats. I’ve been through many dungeons and never had a problem because I just create my own groups. If, however, you want to get in on all the speed run cheesiness, then you’ll have to be a conformist. Otherwise, just have fun and play what you want, how you want.

I went through a lot

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

But honestly, Warrior and Ranger are my 2 favorite classes hands down! I love them both and that’s all I want to play from now on. I have 1 of each class and many level 80s, but I love warrior and ranger the best.

Is it okay If I just play my warrior and ranger from now on? Or do I HAVE to gear my other classes as well? I can be good with all classes but the others are just not fun to me at all. So is it okay if I just play warr and ranger?

Of course it’s okay to just play those two classes!

(Disclaimer: they’re my favourite two classes as well.)

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

I went through a lot

Posted by: cephiroth.6182

cephiroth.6182

No, you must have every class and equip them with ascended armor. Because… uhm, yes, because I say so.

I went through a lot

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

yeah, when you don’t gear up your alts.. a baby quaggan cries

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

I went through a lot

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Why do you ask permission from a group of strangers to play the game that you bought in the way that you enjoy?

I went through a lot

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

You should play your alts, even if you park all the ones that aren’t your warrior or ranger at jumping puzzles, no need to use them but log them once a day to collect your reward (or even better tip, park them at DIFFERENT jps so you get a quick jump start on most monthlies) put them to work instead of just purely collecting dust. That’s what I do with my 6 level 80s I don’t play and then I just have fun with my warrior and engineer.

I went through a lot

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

thanks, ya idk cus lotta people been telling me that ranger is useless – but the people I run dungeons with say I’m great to have, and I LOVE WARRIOR but people are like “meh…not great dps…”

so what do people like the best these days? I know guardian is loved, but to me its not fun at all!

btw I think warr is the only class atm that can Solo ARAH…? why do people say it sucks then?

I’m not sure who is saying warriors suck, but if you’re hearing it then I won’t tell you you’re wrong. Perhaps people who are saying that are talking about specific builds, e.g. if you use ranged weapons on a warrior in dungeons, you will not be doing good dps.

You can rest assured that there is no inherent reason for people to complain about rangers or warriors. If you are running dungeons with friends, they will probably be cool with you using a build that is not optimizing your dps. But if you would like to optimize, both ranger and warrior can be built to contribute great dps to your group.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

I went through a lot

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Is this a real question? Did someone somewhere tell you that you had to have one of each class and you had to gear them in BiS?

Play whatever you want, man. Nobody cares.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

I went through a lot

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

Definitely agree about playing how and with whatever professions you wish! Like you I’ve at least 1 of every class, all 80’s. About the Ranger, I have 4 of them, 3 are 80’s. Hands down my favorite class to play. Yes, you’ll find discrimination against the ranger. Best advice is to really learn to play the class well, including pet mgmt., and join a largish guild so you’ll have folk to run dungeons with whenever you want.
TA and HotW are easy with ranger, and I’ve only ever run fractals with mine.

Gear up your favorites the best you can, as you wish. Leave the rest, gear them up with drops. One thing tho, having lots of 80’s makes gathering Empyreal fragments should you wish to make ascended weapons or armor, a lot quicker.

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

I went through a lot

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

Just because other people don’t know how to play a class doesn’t stop you from playing a class that you like. When people say your favourite class is bad, prove them wrong

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

I went through a lot

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Not sure if this is troll thread…..is this a serious question?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

I went through a lot

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

I roll around on a longbow ranger 90% of the time and no one seems to have a problem with it. Then again, I’m not a dungeon speed run kind of gal. I play what I want to play, and if the community has “decided” that my playstyle is “bad” for certain content, I don’t bother overly much with that content.

My first GW character was a smiting monk. That didn’t go over real well the first time I joined a group and they discovered I had no heals on. So I stuck to group content with my friends and refused invitations otherwise. I’m a “support class” in real life, I don’t want to do it in my games.

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

I went through a lot

Posted by: sadatoni.6524

sadatoni.6524

Play what you want. I’ve been playing thief for the past couple of months and haven’t even touch any of my other alts (I have one of each profession). Having too much fun with the thief.