I will come back for open world pvp

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: greg.3792

greg.3792

That is about the only thing that interests me. Sure levelling up was fun but it got old and WvW is too zerging and too much running from spawn back to battle.

sPvP was ok but at the end of the day having so few skills makes it seem very repetitive. Not enough skill in it. Yes there is SOME skill – as a thief I do enjoy my hit and runs but I just like having more skills to play with as it gives the advantage to the smart PvPer.

I played Aion for a long time, loved the open world PvP. I got owned for so very long but the progression eventually turned so I was winning 50% and then eventually 75% of the time. That was satisfying to me.

Posted by: Budchgon.2108

Budchgon.2108

And open world Pvp would make me leave…
Nothing worse that having fun killing mobs then some guy decides it’s fun to kill you because he’s bored…

Lyssia Iceblood of Gandara – I sometimes win… but not often :-(

Posted by: Gwartham Haldane.8459

Gwartham Haldane.8459

So,

Your saying you wont ever be back then?

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

You will be missed (or not). Open world PvP would ruin this game.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: Aziff.3248

Aziff.3248

Don’t want gank fest in another mmo. /wave

+1600 hours played as Asura Necromancer | Miniature Collector
Pain Killer [pK] | Blacktide EU | PVE: Corruptionmancer | PVP: Support Wellmancer

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

good luck trying to do DE’s with some ganker deciding that killing you is more fun than actually completing the mission.
Eh OP- I would love to say to you that this will never happen in GW2- but then I thought we would never have a gear treadmill either. so what do I know.
That would be the day I leave and never look back though.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Tiborb.1453

Tiborb.1453

That is about the only thing that interests me. Sure levelling up was fun but it got old and WvW is too zerging and too much running from spawn back to battle.

sPvP was ok but at the end of the day having so few skills makes it seem very repetitive. Not enough skill in it. Yes there is SOME skill – as a thief I do enjoy my hit and runs but I just like having more skills to play with as it gives the advantage to the smart PvPer.

I played Aion for a long time, loved the open world PvP. I got owned for so very long but the progression eventually turned so I was winning 50% and then eventually 75% of the time. That was satisfying to me.

You will come back for open world pvp?
Bye bye man!

[LOCK] The Closed Society – Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: Bvhjdbvkjf.1987

Bvhjdbvkjf.1987

Then I hope the day you come back is only after they have dedicated servers for that kitten…

No reason to ruin the game for everyone because some people prefer to be kittenholes.

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Open World PvP would only make PvE worst.
It would create a bad community where players would try to grief others just because they can. I seen this happen too much on other games with Open world PvP.

This game is about having fun and working together in both PvP and PvE. With/Against each other. You want a Competitive PvP mode? You got it!
You want a Huge Warzone RTS PvP mode? You got it! You want a good PvE experience with many lore and story to be told through adventuring and exploring the rich details of an RPG game in an MMO world where you can meet and play with people or even solo? You got it!

sPvP is designed for Competitiveness. You must be skilled and coordinate your strategies with your team to rank up and be the top with.

WvW is designed as a huge Warzone RTS Boardgame style PvP; for guilds to make teams to take out the other 2 servers using multiple objectives and strategies.

And as for the “Combat System”, More skills doesn’t mean better. In fact, it’s the opposite. You have 5 Weapon Skills, 5 Utility Skills, and your F-skills including the Weapon Swaping. Total of possible 19 Skills or more depending on your class.

The fact that you are Limited to the amount of Utility skills and weapon choices to swap between in mid-combat, makes it that you have to “Think” and prepair to build the perfect combo-strategy that would work for the fight you’ll be entering.

The fact that every weapons and Utilities for all classes are 100% useful, ’depending on how you use them" makes it a skill based combat system.

Sure, you can spam skills all day just because you can, But you wont win in tight situations. You’ll actually get slaughtered both in sPvP and WvW.

You are limited but open to choose ur weapon skills and utilities, Use them wisely and be on the Move/Dodge.

If this doesn’t satisfy you. Then I dont know what well? lol
I play on “Borlis Pass” server, so if you are here, Perhaps I can help you out?

Posted by: barti.7685

barti.7685

Yes there is SOME skill – as a thief I do enjoy my hit and runs but I just like having more skills to play with as it gives the advantage to the smart PvPer.

theres your problem right there roll a ranger and go spvp problem fixed.

greg.3792

lol ok so this is the problem.

so little imagination on how to implement open world pvp.

you are all assuming it would put people into PvE areas.

sigh, kids today have no original thoughts.

greg.3792

sPvP is designed for Competitiveness. You must be skilled and coordinate your strategies with your team to rank up and be the top with.

If I want to run a map or three over and over again I will go play Americas Army for free, much more interesting, much more skillful.

Instanced PvP is boring – there are many other games that do it much better.

Even SWTOR instanced PvP is better than GW2

Posted by: Bvhjdbvkjf.1987

Bvhjdbvkjf.1987

so little imagination on how to implement open world pvp.

sigh, kids today have no original thoughts.

Doubling the instances for a world just to incorporate open world PvP would likely leave few people playing on each server… were this ever implemented your idea would be horrible and a dedicated server in each region where PvE instances allowed PvP would be better.

If I have to play on a server where I contantly have to choose to enter the normal PvE rather than just play the game as it is now, I would be more likely to quit.

Posted by: Budchgon.2108

Budchgon.2108

-so little imagination on how to implement open world pvp.

sigh, kids today have no original thoughts.-

And some kiddies want to gank/kill newbies to enhance their kittens then shout out how leet they are and that the person they ganked is a newb/ltp/should quit the game etc…

Lyssia Iceblood of Gandara – I sometimes win… but not often :-(

Posted by: CC Charles.3675

CC Charles.3675

Community Coordinator

Hello,

We do not allow farewell threads on our forums as they do not invite to constructive discussions.

Thank you for your understanding.