I wish GW2 was like....

I wish GW2 was like....

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: marcel.5938

marcel.5938

I wish GW2 was like any other MMOS with all of the grinds, reputation, gear chasing for better stats, damage meters, raids, some more different goals in battleground, guilds with members willing to speak to each other, less running from WP to the actual encounter. With its beautiful graphics and fight mechanic it would have made me playing for longer.

I wish GW2 was like....

Posted by: LaronX.8079

LaronX.8079

Look there is a new WoW add-on so why are you here? Go grind gear.

Blub.

I wish GW2 was like....

Posted by: Alexander Dragonfang.1759

Alexander Dragonfang.1759

Another over hyped player dissapointed.

I wish GW2 was like....

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Congratulations, you just listed every single thing I dislike about “any other” MMO’s.

More like misinformed.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

I wish GW2 was like....

Posted by: Cezton.2415

Cezton.2415

Damage meters, and certain end-game rewards to grind for.

Yes, please.

Constant gambling and too many cosmetics will kill off a portion of the game’s players.

I wish GW2 was like....

marcel.5938

And less funboys having only one argument about fun as the main goal. Games are only created for fun.

I wish GW2 was like....

marcel.5938

Congratulations, you just listed every single thing I dislike about “any other” MMO’s.

More like misinformed.

I can clearly see Skyrim over any MMO for you

I wish GW2 was like....

And less funboys having only one argument about fun as the main goal. Games are only created for fun.

If not fun, what else? no happy person in this world does anything that is no fun for them, and thats why most people live unhappy, cause they dont do what they like to do. The deal is pretty much simple, you like it? stay and play. you dont? leave…

Or you will be reading this forum, starting threads, and doing pointless, useless and booring things that in fact you dont enjoy cause you want some “argument” that magically can get you back in game? that will not happen.

Why people do things that they dont like to do? mistery of life.

More like The Witcher for me, both 1 and 2.

I wish GW2 was like....

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

More like misinformed.

Why? Because I dislike grinds, gear threadmills, looking at meters instead of environment, reputation, mindless/zerg-50-man-raids that take forever to find a group for and guilds that invite every player they see without even knowing who they invite?

Yes yes, you make a valid point. Not. Because I like the game how it is now, and thus do not wish it changed, I should play another game instead?

I wish GW2 was like....

Posted by: Vakirauta.6397

Vakirauta.6397

I wonder how all these funbois blindly believe there is nothing wrong with the game. I agree with OP, especially about the guilds, hell, this game’s title is Guild Wars. Disappointment is what we feel.

The Iron Butterfly

I wish GW2 was like....

marcel.5938

If not fun, what else? no happy person in this world does anything that is no fun for them, and thats why most people live unhappy, cause they dont do what they like to do. The deal is pretty much simple, you like it? stay and play. you dont? leave…

Or you will be reading this forum, starting threads, and doing pointless, useless and booring things that in fact you dont enjoy cause you want some “argument” that magically can get you back in game? that will not happen.

Why people do things that they dont like to do? mistery of life.

More like The Witcher for me, both 1 and 2.

Yeah… I have goals in my life. Not only willing to live.

I wish GW2 was like....

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Disappointment is what we feel.

Disappointment is what YOU feel.

Just because someone likes the game as it is now, and doesn’t see the need for a switch to the “WoW-model”, he is a fanboy? Doesn’t really improve your argument.

Before you bought it, you knew this game would be different. If you don’t like it, get a refund.

I wish GW2 was like....

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Damage meters, and certain end-game rewards to grind for.

Yes, please.

Constant gambling and too many cosmetics will kill off a portion of the game’s players.

Not any that matter.

I wish GW2 was like....

Posted by: MrLee.6892

MrLee.6892

Why do we need damage “kitten” meters? Never understood that….

I wish GW2 was like....

Dante Dragonhand.2538

I wonder how all these funbois blindly believe there is nothing wrong with the game. I agree with OP, especially about the guilds, hell, this game’s title is Guild Wars. Disappointment is what we feel.

Its not that we think there is nothing wrong with the game, every game has kitten wrong with it, we just prefere having skill being the requirement than gear. No more gearscore ftw.

I wish GW2 was like....

I wonder how all these funbois blindly believe there is nothing wrong with the game. I agree with OP, especially about the guilds, hell, this game’s title is Guild Wars.

It lacks challenge in PvE, battle mechanics need to be adjusted, dungeons are easy and unrewarding, the DE and the reward system are not truly “equally rewarding” doing DE in Orr > Plains of Ashford and thats not supposed to happen, still room for a lot of visual improvisations. Weapons should have more skills, obviusly weapon locked and only 5 actives, but is a bad thing that everyone just looking at the weapon you have knows all the skills you are going to use inmidiatly. PvP need tables, WvW needs more people and less bugs. Balanced classes are not completed. Camera issues, we need a first person camera. We need a developer team that actually could begin to work in the realization of addons. We need raids. We need more PvE content, even if there is a lot already some more is needed and more diverse, bots and goldsellers need to be taken care off NOW. Economy is terrible, yet better than many games is not a good thing be a crafter in this kind of unstable economy. Shall i continue?

One thing is to understand what things are not working as they should, are missing, and need to be solved, one thing is to realize that there is a developer team behind the product that does it as they like cause is their “art” and thats what “artist” do, thing like they want, and finally and most importantly is to understand what is the desing plan, the fundaments, the lines the project will follow and what is in fact, the phylosphy behind everything.

Other thing is just cry cause you think this will be your new drug and is not, cause is a game.

Thats the diference between us. Im a fanboy yeah, and as a fanboy i want this game improve cause it has flaws, it has things missing, and still room for much, much, MUCH improvement that just thinking about how it will be in 3 years makes me happy… You on the other hand are just crying cause your fellow drug dealer told ya that this game will be the new “bath salt” and you didn`t get hooked… And now you cry cause you waste your money in it and can`t buy another new drug… Is so sad being an addict… But well, everyone is addicted to something.

I wish GW2 was like....

Posted by: axiology.5807

axiology.5807

Its not that we think there is nothing wrong with the game, every game has kitten wrong with it, we just prefere having skill being the requirement than gear. No more gearscore ftw.

Exactly. Thank you Dante.

I wish GW2 was like....

Posted by: incisorr.9502

incisorr.9502

gw2 is huge disappointment and not what mmorpgs should look like, not to mention how the staff has absolutely zero idea what to do with the pvp which is so broken right now .

I wish GW2 was like....

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

^No it isn’t. This is exactly what a MMO should look like. No boring grinds, gear threadmills, etc.

Also tell us what is broken about PvP, and back this up with valid arguments.

I wish GW2 was like....

incisorr.9502

if you don’t wanna grind go play a MOBA game. In a mmorpg you should always have what to do and you should help other players and require their help as well. Like a certain mmo that i played 6 years ago, where you couldn’t kill mobs alone (and no they weren’t humanoid mobs, they were monsters, which makes sense) and you couldn’t farm gear alone (you needed a clan to get gear).

mmorpgs are about connecting with other people, you can barely do that in gw2

I wish GW2 was like....

if you don’t wanna grind go play a MOBA game. In a mmorpg you should always have what to do and you should help other players and require their help as well. Like a certain mmo that i played 6 years ago, where you couldn’t kill mobs alone (and no they weren’t humanoid mobs, they were monsters, which makes sense) and you couldn’t farm gear alone (you needed a clan to get gear).

mmorpgs are about connecting with other people, you can barely do that in gw2

So you hability to have fun, make friends and help others, your hability and incentive for that depends of a carrot on a stick? what a shame…

I wish GW2 was like....

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

if you don’t wanna grind go play a MOBA game.

Because MOBA’s have such great PvE?

Also I still have tons of stuff to do, without the need for grind.

I wish GW2 was like....

incisorr.9502

keep fanboying, i don’t even see arguments that you post here besides stuff like “ITS MY OPINION”, for which i couldn’t care less. GW2 is like a moba game right now and not like a mmorpg.
The pve is bad because its only pve, you cant kill players you can’t do anything to them, not to mention that your buffs work on them but they can ks you/steal your things along the way , shows how much thought has been put in it. (talkin bout cursed shore farm atm)

I wish GW2 was like....

Posted by: The LZ.7891

The LZ.7891

I think it’s healthy to do things differently.
I just hope ArenaNet exploits this to the max and creates something epic.

I wish GW2 was like....

Dante Dragonhand.2538

So if you dont like the way gw2 is, why play it. I think gw2 is how all MMOs should be, skill not gear. Pvp isnt perfect but its much better than any other games pvp. This is ofc all preference, I also like and plan on playing swtor again when it goes free to play, does that make it good when many dont like it? No, just means I found it fun to play casually.

I wish GW2 was like....

incisorr.9502

you’re not skilled if you can’t get geared up, mmorpgs promoting equality are stupid, equality is stupid and so is democracy. Its utterly flawed and i can explain why in a much bigger discussion which i won’t bother to engage

if you are over 20 and you’re not a narrow minded pop-culture fan, you probably know what im talkin bout

I wish GW2 was like....

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

I think that anyone who want to play WoW style game should play WoW style game… And not complain about how gw2 isn’t that kind of game… It’s just silly.

I wish GW2 was like....

Posted by: Amadeuz.4617

Amadeuz.4617

Jesus Christ, OP and many people here didn’t research the game before buying this??

I am telling you this is wasting your time for whining here on the forums and demanding ANet to overthrow their whole aspect of the game to put those endless Gear Treadmills with stats progressions. I am not so naive to hope ANet will go to the total different direction. So just stop to act like a ten-years old kids.

If you want to enjoy this game, try to step back and put your mind out off the WoW-brainwashing that not every MMO = endlessly gear chasing for better stats.

I can accept if people disappointing for other things, because I have the bad side feeling in GW2 too, But not the lack of Gear progressions for stats.

In the other hand, I feel so pathetic for people who upset in this game because there is no endlessly Gear Treadmills (for stats progression). It is your false not the game false, if you feel disappoint on that way, because (Apparently) you haven’t do research before buying GW2, and you get what you deserve.

I wish GW2 was like....

Posted by: FluffyDoe.7539

FluffyDoe.7539

It’s once in a life time that you get an MMO with graphics like this which GW2 has…. but yah, I sort of get what the OP is saying. I guess it was really the epic graphics that led me to think that the rest of the game was as epically brilliant.

Pretty trees & hot nurses tricked me again.

I wish GW2 was like....

Posted by: ilJumperMT.4871

ilJumperMT.4871

I wish guild wars 2 was like GUILD WARS ONE

I wish GW2 was like....

Posted by: CC Charles.3675

CC Charles.3675

Community Coordinator

Hi,

As this thread as no goal and no constructive debat, I will now close it.

Thank you for your feedback.