I would appreciate a separate annoucement

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Khaos.6512

Khaos.6512

ArenaNet,

Hidden within the “Guesting is Coming” blog post is a very important announcement stating that free world transfers would also be ending on 01/28/2013. For players not interested in guesting features, they may not read this blog post and wouldn’t know they have until that date to transfer to another server prior to the gem fee.

This seems like a blatant attempt to increase gem purchases by not properly informing your players. Something this important should deserve a separate announcement within the game launcher at the very minimum. In addition, your previous world transfer announcement is still sitting there at the top of the page stating world transfers are limited to once every 7 days — which is still accurate, but there is no update to this page stating they will be ending on 01/28/2013. Was this intentional?

http://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Free-World-Transfers-Limited-to-Once-Every-7-Days

Please create a separate announcement regarding the ending of free world transfers, or at the very least, update the previous announcement so players don’t get “stuck” on a world they don’t want to stay on, especially because this change directly impacts WvW.

Thank you!

(edited by Khaos.6512)

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

From the very beginning AN has said that the end of free server transfers will come when guesting is implemented. I suppose not everyone is as informed as those of us who have played since the BWEs. Your characterization of this as shady is unrealistic…you just don’t know the history of the whole thing.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

Posted by: Kacigarka.5176

Kacigarka.5176

Yep. Everyone (atleast those who can read and are interested in game) knew that server transfer were free only because guesting werent ready at release.

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

This isn’t new at all. Everyone knew it was going to be a paid feature.

Khaos.6512

Please read my post again — I’m not upset that free world transfers are ending, I’m upset that ArenaNet hasn’t made a “good faith” attempt to inform their players that this is occurring on 01/28/2013. That is the shady part. If you don’t read this blog post, you have no idea that this is occurring and you’ll get “stuck” on another server having to buy / spend gems when that could have been avoided with proper notice.

Posted by: Mr Quikeh.5461

Mr Quikeh.5461

…theyve mentioned all along that it would happen at the same time, i guess after 4 months theyve assumed most people have settled onto a server, and thus wouldnt need to mention it again.

Mr Quikeh.5461

And theyve given plenty of notice (over the 7 days required for a world transfee)

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

Thats weird, when i log in the launcher, the top new is:

‘’Guesting is coming!’’ and even has a link in red with the words ‘’Read more’’ which tells you more about it and inform you about server transfers.

Ignorance is not an excuse.

I took an arrow to the knee

Khaos.6512

Guesting itself has nothing to do with the issue at hand, and that is my point.

Guesting = the ability to play with friends on other home worlds, no WvW allowed
World Transfer = moving your character to a new home world, WvW allowed

Ending free world transfers is a big deal if you ask me, and should deserve its own dedicated announcement. Mark my words, come 01/28/2013, these forums are going to blow up from unhappy gamers who felt deceived / wronged by ArenaNet not informing players of this change in a more direct approach.

Mr Quikeh.5461

…this was always going to be an intended feature, from day -3 they said that this would happen, it has been stated at EVERY turn, that 1 day you would be on one server and tgat it would cost….man up

Khaos.6512

…this was always going to be an intended feature, from day -3 they said that this would happen, it has been stated at EVERY turn, that 1 day you would be on one server and tgat it would cost….man up

Most of you have missed the entire point of this post, and that is fine. I would gladly pay real money or in-game gold for a world transfer after 01/28/2013. My concern is that ArenaNet hid this announcement within a blog post related to guesting. Guesting and world transfers are two entirely different concepts. Within the blog post, they bolded the part about free world transfers ending. If it is important enough to bold an announcement within another announcement, it should have its own sticky thread.

(edited by Khaos.6512)

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The free world transfer ending on 28th was announced last week and has been hotly debated on the forums (usually 1 post a day on it). Really wasn’t hidden from the community I’m afraid

Posted by: Ooshi.8607

Ooshi.8607

Someone must be living in the troll cave not to know that free server transfers are ending once guesting is introduced. In fact, when you do a free server transfer on the tooltip it says that there is a cost to it. I’m assuming that everyone that plays guild wars has access to the internet, so…
It’s getting to a point that every time a developer farts it’s a blatant move by Anet to increase gem purchases.