I would like new classes

I would like new classes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

anyone else feel new classes would be alot of fun?

and if so what classes would you like to see in gw2?

i would like a " Reaver" ( like a demonic axe wielding warrior) that uses its own health to do powerful attacks

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

I would like new classes

Posted by: Twidom.9481

Twidom.9481

No we don’t. People need to let go.

I would like new classes

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

One one hand a new class would be fun, on the other hand new classes always brings grief and balance issues from what I’ve seen in previous MMO’s

I’m pretty sure Anet has other things to worry about then making a new class

I would like new classes

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I’m more concerned with them fixing the classes that they implemented at launch, rather than them introducing even more classes to leave half broken for over 2 years.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

I would like new classes

Zardul.3952

new classes do bring balance issues yes..

but new classes bring new builds, new counters, new tactics, new gameplay, the need to relevel through the map again,

it has a lot more PROs than CONs … imo

I would like new classes

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

No, we don’t need new class.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

I would like new classes

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

What you need is to change the topic title because apparantly you dont speak for everyone.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

I would like new classes

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

but new classes bring new builds, new counters, new tactics, new gameplay, the need to relevel through the map again,

I would prefer they make new maps that bring new builds, new counters, new tactics, new gameplay without the need to relevel through the old maps again.

Greetings.

I would like new classes

Posted by: Mavis.1572

Mavis.1572

I would love to see my Dervish return at some point, but I don’t see how he could work in GW2. He would just be like a Guardian in Medium armor, with a scythe.

I would like new classes

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

I wouldn’t mind new classes at all. But. Most importantly, what I assume we need is more variety in the classes we already have, namely: way more skills. I feel like most skills we already have are useless, so there is, IMHO, a huge need to add more.

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

I would like new classes

Posted by: ocirne.7915

ocirne.7915

There is plenty of variety between professions, there is not plenty within a profession.

Every profession has multiple weapons/specs which are completely not viable in multiple game modes. Fixing existing weapons first, then adding more weapons/skills would add much more, for less effort than a new profession.

I would like new classes

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

but new classes bring new builds,

Do they? If I look at the current classes, they don’t have a whole lot of builds as it is. I don’t think adding yet another class will suddenly add more depth to the game. All classes seem held back by the lack of skills, broken class mechanics, and poor trait synergy. Plus we’re all stuck with the fixed weapon skills. I don’t think new classes bring new builds. They may bring 2 or 3 new builds for that particular new class, but does that really mix up the game a lot?

new counters, new tactics, new gameplay, the need to relevel through the map again,

Considering the recent September feature patch, that last one might not be something I’m looking forward to either.

I would like new classes

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Any class you can think of can be done in a certain way with one of the classes we already have.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

I would like new classes

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

I would love to see more classes, but first:

• Check out the bug forums
  • Check out the pvp section
  • Check out all profession sections
  • Check WvW
  • Check it all …. and

come to the conclusion that the content we already have needs some attention.
That even with the classes we have now, balance is still an issue.
That GW2 isn’t ready for new classes yet.

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

I would like new classes

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

It’s tempting to keep adding more stuff. But adding an extra floor to the leaning tower of Pizza, doesn’t make the tower any better. The foundation of the game is currently not okay. And a lot of classes in my opinion, feel neglected, with their problems running wild for over 2 years now. Adding another class on top of this shaky mess, would feel to me like they are neglecting the established classes even more.

What I would like to see, is a critical examination of the game as it is right now, and for them to start fixing a lot of the problems that our classes have been plagued by since launch. That would open up a lot more build diversity than a new class would.

Heck, I’m not even sure if I want them to add new skills, after Signet of Vampirism. If you can’t bother to make a skill “not-completely-rubbish” than don’t bother adding the skill at all.

I would like new classes

VergilDeZaniah.3295

There is plenty of variety between professions, there is not plenty within a profession.

Every profession has multiple weapons/specs which are completely not viable in multiple game modes. Fixing existing weapons first, then adding more weapons/skills would add much more, for less effort than a new profession.

If they could add the swappable weapon skills they once talked about, I would already be super happy!

Of course builds are not viable in every mode, but some skills are useless in every mode.
They advertised “10-slot skillbar!”, I was really thrilled to make my own skill bar!

Let’s say, on a 2h weapon, I don’t like one skill (or rather “I don’t find it useful”). That’s 9, 4 of which I have to stick with. That’s 5. Some classes barely have multiple useful healing skills. That’s 4. Same for elite, that’s 3. I’m left with 3 skills that are used to create a build.

Of course I don’t say that I hate at least one skill on each and every weapon for each class, but I feel like that I somehow must stick to these skills to be effective, rather than having my own playstyle (in GW1 I create my own ele build, never seen it anywhere, and kitten I was good, same with my necro).

There’s that impression of customization that is actually pretty limited, and that’s, IMHO, what should be improved before thinking of new classes.

Son of Elonia.

I would like new classes

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Of course builds are not viable in every mode, but some skills are useless in every mode.
They advertised “10-slot skillbar!”, I was really thrilled to make my own skill bar!

Let’s say, on a 2h weapon, I don’t like one skill (or rather “I don’t find it useful”). That’s 9, 4 of which I have to stick with. That’s 5. Some classes barely have multiple useful healing skills. That’s 4. Same for elite, that’s 3. I’m left with 3 skills that are used to create a build.

This is exactly what I meant, kudos for phrasing it so clearly. In the list of elite skills alone, at least half of them are completely rubbish, and no one in their right mind would ever bring it. Same for the healing skills, only 2 are actually good for the necro. And everything on my weapon bar is fixed, I can only choose the type of weapon (staff, scepter, dagger, focus…. and axe is rubbish).

If I could, I would drop at least two of the skills from my weapon, and swap them for something like Spectral Walk (which is always useful), and maybe another attack skill. Right now I cannot do that. The build choices are very limited, and mostly determined by sigils and runes.

I would like new classes

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

@ OP. Have u seen how long it took to balance the Ranger class properly to the other classes?

Kima & Co

I would like new classes

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

No new classes, but certainly more skills.
Either new skills in the form of additional weapon selections for existing professions, or a nice offering of new utility and/or Elites.
yes, yes, I know they haven’t balanced the ones already in the game … guess what, that never happens. they were still balancing skills in GW1 when I faded out from that game 4 years ago.

Sadly, I don’t think we’ll see anything like a new profession, skills, or traits any time soon. They will want the new players (both China and NE/EU) to get comfortable with the NPE first, so that’s at least 6 months to a year.

I would like new classes

Zardul.3952

i like the idea as mentioned above about new skills and maybe having weapon skills changeable for ( 2, 3, 4, 5 ) skills

but i still feel the current classes have gotten Stale and after seeing and understanding each encounter from each role. u do tend to get bored.

THANKS FOR FEEDBACK GUYS.

keep it coming

I would like new classes

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

We need a new class and it needs to be another heavy so we get 3 light/3medium/3 HHEEAAVVYY!!

rabblerabblerabble

I would like new classes

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

We need at least a third heavy class, it has to be.

I would like new classes

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Idk most people still haven’t figured out every weapon combination for the classes we have now. I feel like a new class or new skills shouldn’t be added just yet. We still have to have everyone figure out all the “meta” weapon/skill/trait combinations first.

Necromancer Main

I would like new classes

Posted by: ocirne.7915

ocirne.7915

Idk most people still haven’t figured out every weapon combination for the classes we have now. I feel like a new class or new skills shouldn’t be added just yet. We still have to have everyone figure out all the “meta” weapon/skill/trait combinations first.

Meta was completely figured out 3 months after release, this game has the depth of a puddle.

I would like new classes

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

GW1 was great in that you could go with so many different skills on your bar. I understand that was a balance nightmare…so we can’t have that with GW2. I guess I’d prefer a new weapon added to each profession rather than getting a new profession.

I would like new classes

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Meta was completely figured out 3 months after release, this game has the depth of a puddle.

Lol I don’t know about that. Put up every meta that you know. For each class. Even the meta build site doesn’t have too many meta builds on it.

Necromancer Main

I would like new classes

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

i would like a " Reaver" ( like a demonic axe wielding warrior) that uses its own health to do powerful attacks

What you’ve described is pretty close to an axe/power Necro.

Lets start with new weapons on all classes.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

I would like new classes

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

we need New Classes

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Dervish

D O N E

PS: No anet, I dont wan’t to work as a game designer for your company because…
YOU Kittycat GW2 UP

I would like new classes

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Lol I don’t know about that. Put up every meta that you know. For each class. Even the meta build site doesn’t have too many meta builds on it.

How about just for the class that I play, the necromancer?

• MM
  • Power Necro
  • Well O mancer
  • Fear spec
  • Condition necro

That’s about it.
Now are you curious how many builds there were for the necromancer in GW1?

I would like new classes

VergilDeZaniah.3295

How about just for the class that I play, the necromancer?

• MM
  • Power Necro
  • Well O mancer
  • Fear spec
  • Condition necro

That’s about it.
Now are you curious how many builds there were for the necromancer in GW1?

• Minion Master
  • BiP Necro
  • Mark of Pain Nuker
  • Tome Farmer
  • Icy Veins Bomber
  • OoU Minion Master
  • SS Support
  • SS Nuker
  • 55HP SS
  • Discord Smite Support
  • Sacrificial Vampire
  • SoLS Healer
  • Orders
  • SoS Minion Nuker

These are the ones I had in my build library.

Edit: if my math skills are still correct, a profession in GW1 had 8,968,535,865,170,779,450,775,040 or at least 222,433,925,200,000,000,000 hypothetical builds (1319 skills in all), while GW2 has, for a necro (without racial skills), 820,800 hypothetical builds (10 weapons, 4 healing, 20 utility skills, 3 elite skills)…

Son of Elonia.

(edited by VergilDeZaniah.3295)

I would like new classes

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

My list of GW1 necro builds is as follows:

<See image attached below, because the list was too long to copy by hand>

As you might imagine, I am a little bit disappointed by the necro build variety in GW2. I had over 320 saved builds across all professions for GW1, and I only played necromancer, so most other players probably had 10 times that amount.

Attachments:

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

I would like new classes

VergilDeZaniah.3295

I bow to your dedication my dear

Son of Elonia.

I would like new classes

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

anyone else feel new classes would be alot of fun?

and if so what classes would you like to see in gw2?

Agreed new classes would be awesome. I don’t PvP so I couldn’t care less about balance issues (although for you folks who do I hope they get it right for your sake).

Specifically I would like to see a Ritualist and Paragon introduced. Maybe some kind of nega-Paladin type thing too. I’m not sure what those would be called though.

I know what I’m about to say doesn’t fit the way GW2 does things but the way A***e Age does classes is awesome. All armor types available and you make a unique class may mix and matching 3… I’m not saying that would work for GW2 but I wish that it would. That concept plus this fast paced combat would be unreal.

I would like new classes

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Why thank you darling.

Some of the builds rarely saw use, because occasionally you’d join some PUG where the warrior party leader thought he knew your class better, and you’d be forced to save a terrible build template. And as the meta shifted, some builds just fell out of favor. There was the brief Ursan hilarity of course, and then DWG became the meta in Domain of Anguish (which is why I have several DWG builds).

I would like new classes

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Now, let’s be totally fair here.

How many of those builds would have been accepted as “meta” in GW1? I’m guessing a fraction of those you have.

I fully understand the complaint that GW2 is far limited to GW1, but let’s not exaggerate the claim by citing the meta for one game, then ignoring the meta for the other.

I would like new classes

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Why thank you darling.

Some of the builds rarely saw use, because occasionally you’d join some PUG where the warrior party leader thought he knew your class better, and you’d be forced to save a terrible build template. And as the meta shifted, some builds just fell out of favor. There was the brief Ursan hilarity of course, and then DWG became the meta in Domain of Anguish (which is why I have several DWG builds).

Same, I always swapped between Lv21 MM, 55HP SS and BiP ^^

Son of Elonia.

I would like new classes

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Adding new classes will cause all manner of balance issues and as noted above, there are PLENTY of things the existing classes should be addressed before complicating the game (balance) issues first.

New classes may be interesting, but I don’t think now is the appropriate time.

I feel it’s much more likely they will introduce new weapon sets for the existing classes and possibly new race(s) first.

As you might imagine, I am a little bit disappointed by the necro build variety in GW2. I had over 320 saved builds across all professions for GW1, and I only played necromancer, so most other players probably had 10 times that amount.

This is EXACTLLY why GW2 classes and skills were changed (simplified). The amount of resources required to test and balance this massive number of potential builds is beyond the capability of any reasonably sized Dev/QA team. Your example of how GW1 was GREAT for players just PROVES how much of a nightmare it is for a Dev team.

I loved the massive number of potential builds for my Mesmer in GW1, but I realize the vast number of skills and profession combinations makes it nearly impossible to “balance” for the Dev team. It’s easy to call the GW2 design decision “lazy”, but you were only involved on the player side of the “balancing”.

Not every decision can be made on what is best (or more well liked) for(by) the player base….Anet is a business in the end.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

I would like new classes

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

They already can’t balance the current professions.
Perhaps instead return dual professions – let chose 1-2 utility skills from other professions.

I would like new classes

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

How many of those builds would have been accepted as “meta” in GW1? I’m guessing a fraction of those you have.

I think if you asked a couple of GW1 necros, they’d probably recognize more than half of the builds on that list.

But it’s important to keep in mind that there were many notable variations within the different builds using the same elite. I have for example a ton of BIP builds, but they were all notably different, except for one skill: Blood is Power. All necros had one or two SS builds, but again, there were big variations. An SS build for the Domain of Anguish in hardmode for example, would often not have Reckless Haste (since all monsters already attack at maximum speed). And that sure made a big difference in how you played the build, because it also affected what other skills you brought. I have several bloodspike builds, but I have different ones for pvp and pve, and for general use. Thats because GW1 had split pvp and pve skills.

I would like new classes

VergilDeZaniah.3295

They already can’t balance the current professions.
Perhaps instead return dual professions – let chose 1-2 utility skills from other professions.

That’s certainly not a solution: this will break many many MANY things in the game (hello WvW mesmer-engineer/mesmer-thief). Maybe they’d rather copy how some skills functionned in GW1 and implement them in GW2.

InB4: I know this is not GW1, but let’s face it, GW1 had many points right and is the predecessor of GW2. Some GW1 skills have their place here.

Son of Elonia.

I would like new classes

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

I love new stuff but they have not even balanced the current selection we have at this point.

And there are other ways to shake things up; add new weapons, add old weapons to current professions, new elites, new utilities, new healing skills.

I would like new classes

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

This is EXACTLLY why GW2 classes and skills were changed (simplified). The amount of resources required to test and balance this massive number of potential builds is beyond the capability of any reasonably sized Dev/QA team. Your example of how GW1 was GREAT for players just PROVES how much of a nightmare it is for a Dev team.

I think that is an exaggeration. You don’t need to test every build combination, you just need to test the current meta, and/or skills you are planning to change. That is why there was a test krewe: A group of experienced players for both pvp and pve, that was up to date on the current metas, and knew their classes inside out. They would provide useful feedback to the devs whenever they rolled out a big change.

I would like new classes

VergilDeZaniah.3295

And if they were to add new skills… 25 skill points to unlock a useless skill is not acceptable.

Son of Elonia.

I would like new classes

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I agree. I would like at least one new class (heavy). Needs to be 3/3/3 in weight classes.
If they don’t do a class, at least maybe a new race? Its been two years, time for them to actually show us the LS can deliver on the expansion type content.

@ OP. Have u seen how long it took to balance the Ranger class properly to the other classes?

And now its over balanced…
Stupid OP longbow rangers and their pets…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

I would like new classes

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

What? We already have heavy, medium and light armor classes!

What other classes could there be? More armored than Soldier? Less armored than Scholar? And that’ll take a huge amount of new armor sets.

That’s completely inviable.

Just one profession would be enough, and there’s a nice space for it in the Soldier class for a third Soldier profession, and there’ already armors for it.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

I would like new classes

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

Gw2 doesnt need exactly new classes, it needs a new RACE, maybe this race bringing a new class, but please, not a “prestige” one, a normal class, that starts at lvl 1, who knows, with Tengu comming, a class like Monk or Druid would fit very good for the game at the moment, since we’re fighting Mordremoth.

I would like new classes

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

No, we don’t need new class.

By your logic we wouldn’t even be playing this game, seriously do we “need” this game? I would like to see new classes as well as new races as I am sure many people would. Of course it all comes down to when Anet are willing and ready to do such. I just wish they would move ahead with things instead of re-inventing the wheel and making a mass amount of changes with the game that didn’t even need touching. Why waste the resources? Oh well…

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?