[IDEA] After Ambrite Weapon Collection

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kythan Myr.4719

Kythan Myr.4719

So I have an idea of what players could do after they have completed the Ambrite Weapon collection. Once a player has finished the collection make it that any additional weapon they craft is no longer account bound and then could be sold on TP. After a player finishes the collection there are two problems that come up.

First, there’s no big reason to go to Dry Top except for Mawdrey or Living Story stuff. Since Living Story will always be there, it might be nice to have an incentive for players who have completed both Mawdrey and LS to still be there. This is true today with the Ambrite weapons, but after completion of those there is little reason to stay. After HoT, population should plummet unless HoT includes DTop somehow.

Second, if a player somehow gets another fossil somehow after collection completion, there is little reason to make a duplicate weapon since it is account bound. So if a player has extra Z-lockpicks, there’s little reason to use because if I get a second fossil it’s kinda useless. Same with PvP reward track, there’s little reason to keep doing that if the fossil is the end reward of the track.

I also think a problem may arise for those trying to complete the collection if DTop doesn’t have the players to push to higher tiers after HoT for acquiring the recipes, unless again there is some reason HoT has players still staying there.

So to address these problems here is my suggestion. After a player has completed the collection why not make it so that player can now craft the weapons no longer account bound. Any weapons they craft that is already unlocked in their wardrobe will not be account bound and then could be sold on TP. In order to do so, all 16 weapons would have to been crafted first and this would be simulating expertise as a crafter. This would open up a new niche that allows only those “experts” who have spent the time grinding geodes and fossils to now profit off of that achievement and help others who do not want to invest the time later in the games future to still acquire the collection. This would also give a reason for the players to have have a presence as they are searching during the sandstorms for additional fossils to use in crafting. Bottom line it adds another component to the game for players to do , make profit, and more importantly help newer players. It gives a reason for vets to teach the new players.

One big potential pitfall is that players who are not crafting the weapon set and bought it off the TP would then be able to craft the weapons themselves. I think the geode requirement for recipes would offset that, but in case that is not enough, then maybe the ability to craft weapons that are not account bound could then be tied to identified fossils somehow. That way it signifies the adventure aspect of searching for something, becoming an expert, and then using that “knowledge” to do something with it.

Of course, this model could then be applied to other collections for those “artisans” who have completed the rigorous requirements of their craft and then utilize it for other means so that it is not pointless anymore.

TL/DR: After a player has crafted the entire Ambrite weapon collection, make it so that any additional weapons they craft are not account bound and can be sold on TP. This opens up new niches for the player, gives a reason for vets to still go to Dry Top helping new players, choose the PvP reward track, profit, and adds to the endgame.

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

No. The ambrite weapon collection should not become buyable.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’m not opposed to the mechanic of rewarding those who complete a collection being allowed to profit from the market in a special way.

In the case of Ambrite weapons, I’m opposed for the following reasons:

• The collection already offers a substantial reward.
  • The skins are arguably a reward in and of themselves.
  • The skins are obtainable by people playing PvP in the ‘daily rooms’.
  • There already is a market for turning geodes into coin, via clay bricks.
  • Lots of people would have treated their geodes differently had they known this was possible, and so it would create a lot of unnecessary whinging in the community.

tl;dr No, not a good idea for this particular situation.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

I personally think there should be a separate basic collection for all the ambrite fossilized insects….. it doesn’t even have to reward anything…. but collecting insect fossils is something I would do willingly…..
Collecting all these ugly weapons is something I’m just doing for the ascended armor chest.

Posted by: Drakonath.7096

Drakonath.7096

Lol the time it takes to collect all the fossils you could have farming enough gold for 2-4 ascended pieces. Its not worth it at all if you don’t like the skins imo.

Posted by: Asuaka.1528

Asuaka.1528

gives a reason for vets to still go to Dry Top

They could add some expensive items to the vendor as long term goals (5-10k geodes ea) like an endless llama tonic, purchasable cactus home node, etc

List of unavailable armor and weapon skins:
[Collection] Wardrobe/Skin Bugs & Anomalies

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

gives a reason for vets to still go to Dry Top

They could add some expensive items to the vendor as long term goals (5-10k geodes ea) like an endless llama tonic, purchasable cactus home node, etc

Especially when they add geodes to wallet, so it is good idea for something with high cap to appear to the vendor.

I don’t agree amberite weapons to appear on the vendor. Some items just need to be only craftable.