[IDEA] Leading the Pact

[IDEA] Leading the Pact

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Exit.5213

Exit.5213

So since LS3 is starting soon and Pact is pretty much leaderless at this point, I’ve had this idea that maybe at some point the player character, already a Commander of the Pact could become the Leader, with all the benefits it brings. It would be pretty cool to have a sort of mini-metagame where you send Pact forces on various missions, wait a couple days or hours and collect rewards like materials or tokens, with some progression mechanics thrown in the mix. Oh and maybe finally implement some sort of housing, with customization of player instance in the city serving as a command centre or something. Yes I did play DA: Inquisition last months :P

What do you think?

[IDEA] Leading the Pact

Posted by: anninke.7469

anninke.7469

personally, i don’t want to lead the whole Pact, the “go and fetch/go and kill guy” role is more than enough. i’d prefer my character becoming much less official and known to be honest. like, let me do the fetching and killing and leave the organizing agenda and representation to some other poor soul.

[IDEA] Leading the Pact

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Only if we also get to do all the exciting paper work, meetings, logistics, building and maintaining relations, inspecting equipment and so on.

[IDEA] Leading the Pact

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I’m not a huge fan of “dispatch missions.” I’m sure some games do them well, but in the games I’ve played, they’re usually vague, have a seemingly random success/failure, and generally don’t make for active, interesting content. Again, just based on games I’ve played.

It’s not something I want to see explored in GW2.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

[IDEA] Leading the Pact

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Only if we also get to do all the exciting paper work, meetings, logistics, building and maintaining relations, inspecting equipment and so on.

Remember the one S2 Mission where we had to attend to a Party in DR and quite a few People hated it because of “Politics”? If we are going to be Pact Leader then i expect more of these kind of Missions.

[IDEA] Leading the Pact

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

You may be thinking of DA:I, OP, but what you describe was done in WoW with garrisons and it was abysmally boring, felt like a forced chore to keep checking on missions as they completed, and had the effect of disconnecting players from each other.

Even though I’m not generally a fan of making my MMO character the hero of the story, the Chosen One, I still prefer having the story take me out where the action is rather than playing paper pusher at home. Though I suppose there could be an MMO game where the players are the everyday folk dealing with the fallout of world-affecting events, disasters, and battles of higher powers, GW2 is not that game.

(I remember playing a very fun short LARP called “It Sucks to be You,” where the character application form consisted of “who are you and why are you on this bus?” in the White Wolf vampire world, with a night Greyhound bus full of ordinary people departing DC. It was a sweet change-up on the norm to have everyone playing be ordinary joes facing powerful horrors, many of them dying as a result).

[IDEA] Leading the Pact

Posted by: KellionBane.4956

KellionBane.4956

Sounds a bit like the Garrison system in WoW… Though, that’s pretty much dead now.

The Guilded Coffer is recruiting. Send me a mail in game, if you wish to join for mindless PVE fun.