IDEAS!!!!

IDEAS!!!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: My Barbie.6831

My Barbie.6831

1. A dungeon finder, which i know a lot of people would love. Is there a reason we don’t have one yet? I have the hardest time finding groups for dungeons and i miss doing them so much! its easy, fast, and a fun way to get gold

2. Cat ears! We have bunny ears, we also need kitty cat ears!!

3. Glitter dyes a dye that sparkles!?!?!?!?!

please, someone respond O_O

IDEAS!!!!

Posted by: Uvirith.9573

Uvirith.9573

1. LFG
2. meh
3. I wanna, I would so much love some special dyes

IDEAS!!!!

Posted by: Paralux.6714

Paralux.6714

Agree with everything!
I’d love a glitter dye so much!

m e s m e r <3

IDEAS!!!!

Posted by: Vadeil.3924

Vadeil.3924

cough cat ears are in the works. People datamind them.

As for the finder the oldbies here do not care for them.

IDEAS!!!!

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

I saw someone link a chat code for a cat’s ears skin yesterday (presumably data mined from the latest patch) so there’s a good chance we’ll be getting them for Halloween.

IDEAS!!!!

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

4: Keyed Musical Instrument, whether it be a synthesizer or an accordion.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

IDEAS!!!!

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

cat ears have been data mined recently, so you might be in luck sometime soon
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/55uczk/datamining_upcoming_features_from_the_october_4/

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

IDEAS!!!!

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

1. A dungeon finder, which i know a lot of people would love. Is there a reason we don’t have one yet? I have the hardest time finding groups for dungeons and i miss doing them so much! its easy, fast, and a fun way to get gold

2. Cat ears! We have bunny ears, we also need kitty cat ears!!

3. Glitter dyes a dye that sparkles!?!?!?!?!

please, someone respond O_O

1 > There is LFG, select the dungeon you want to do. Then if there is no party, make one your own.
2 > You’ll be pleasantly surprised with what That_Shaman dug up in the oct.4th patch. Go reach his reddit (google: That_Shaman)
3 > While it could have ‘some’ uses, I think the game is already more than bright and flashy enough than is for its own good.

All in all, I feel like you come from asian/korean RPGs considering your requests, am I wrong? Games where flashyness is more important than brawn and function.

IDEAS!!!!

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

no, because caps and multiple !

IDEAS!!!!

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

@op Tools.

1, LFG already exist :P

2, lol why not, people love neko stuff.

3, priceless….

i would prefer more tools…like

Recruit board in main cities, guild can leave a recruit message o the board “similiar like those bounty hunters placards”, where players can look for guilds of their selected server even if it servers are only for wvw.

Megeserver needs a bridge for the guild and wvw recruiting..

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

IDEAS!!!!

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

Yes there is an LFG, but what is wrong with wanting some faster an easier for people that don’t care who they run with.

You could flag for the dungeons your interested in. Once there is 5 people you are given a prompt just like in spvp.

Once everyone excepts you are ported to the dungeon.

IDEAS!!!!

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Yes there is an LFG, but what is wrong with wanting some faster an easier for people that don’t care who they run with.

You could flag for the dungeons your interested in. Once there is 5 people you are given a prompt just like in spvp.

I would probably use something like this. The question would be how do you stop lvl 1 new player (example) from freeloading? Is it going too far to have a checkbox for Ascended/Exotic only and no one under 80?

IDEAS!!!!

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Kind of cumbersome to have two systems parallel each other which essentially do the same thing other than one being more automatic.

IDEAS!!!!

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

You start a LFG with all welcome and continue to play until you have the 5 people in your party. WP in the map and done. Pretty much exactly the same thing.

Your idea just need some precious devs times for very little advantage over the current system. Precious devs time that they could use on something a lot better for the game.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

IDEAS!!!!

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

The problem with this is you split what is already a relatively small player base between two systems. It would be a bit daft if you end up with two people sat waiting for their party to fill via LFG, and 3 waiting for the dungeon finder when with single system, they’d all already be in the dungeon with a full party.

IDEAS!!!!

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

I like the idea of exploring how to improve lfg. I do not like the idea of creating an all new system, just to be clear.

IDEAS!!!!

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

People have mentioned that the LFG tool already exists, but it doesn’t seem clear how to access it, so I’ll post here.

LFG tool is accessed by opening your contacts list. (Default key ‘Y’). When contact list is open, click the second tab down on the left side of the panel. (Two people with a magnifying glass icon.)

From there, you can advertise your group under the category ‘Dungeons’ – then Sub-category of which dungeon you actually want to run.

When you have the sub-category of your chosen dungeon clicked, then you just need to click the “Advertise Your Party” button at the bottom of that page. There, you give a brief description of your party and what paths you want to run.

Make sure you choose the correct Sub-Category to avoid confusion! Sometimes people advertise in a different part of the LFG and wonder why nobody is joining them!

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

(edited by penelopehannibal.8947)

IDEAS!!!!

Posted by: voltaicbore.8012

voltaicbore.8012

I don’t care about cat ears or glitter dye. Mind you, I won’t throw them out if I happen to get any, but I’m definitely not going to go out of my way to get my hands on em.

As for the “flag myself for X dungeon,” I’m totally opposed to it. I do not care at all about group composition when adding myself to LFG groups, unless it’s Arah. Even with the ability to put a “80s, experienced only” description, you get enough underleveled/clueless people. The dungeon queue pop system you describe will only magnify that, with the added disadvantage of not being able to blame the freeloader for it.

IDEAS!!!!

Posted by: Paralux.6714

Paralux.6714

I think “My Barbie” knows about the LFG function, where to find it and how to use it. The point is that its still hard to find people and it usually takes time. For example, when I’ve tried to find a group for Arah, waiting time has a few times passed 1h and this is also because when someone finally comes they leave after 5 min because no one wants to wait longer than that for the rest of the group.

I don’t mind ending up with “clueless” people, most people are open to learning and listens well.

And a function like the one op describes doesn’t have to be made instead of LFG but as an alternative to it.

m e s m e r <3

(edited by Paralux.6714)

IDEAS!!!!

Posted by: Welcometotheden.8547

Welcometotheden.8547

I would go broke on glitter dyes.

~ The Cult of the Six Symbols ~

IDEAS!!!!

Posted by: zxstanyxz.8769

zxstanyxz.8769

I think “My Barbie” knows about the LFG function, where to find it and how to use it. The point is that its still hard to find people and it usually takes time. For example, when I’ve tried to find a group for Arah, waiting time has a few times passed 1h and this is also because when someone finally comes they leave after 5 min because no one wants to wait longer than that for the rest of the group.

I don’t mind ending up with “clueless” people, most people are open to learning and listens well.

And a function like the one op describes doesn’t have to be made instead of LFG but as an alternative to it.

the real problem is that there just isn’t many people doing dungeons anymore, it’s nothing to do with the LFG system, if there’s only 5 – 10 people looking to do that dungeon over the course of an hour then they’re not likely to find people (especially as many people will ask their guildies if they wanna come first and fill a party that way)

IDEAS!!!!

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

There are two problems with automated LFG:
1) You have no control over the people who enter. If you LFG Ascalonian Catacombs, you’re bound to get random people of ‘bad’ classes and lv79 or lower with less than optimal gear. Now not to say that’s bad, but there are people who want to speed clear and will only want lv80 parties with optimal gear. You reduce the amount of freedom of making parties if you replace joinLFG by autoLFG
2) There is no guarantee that it’ll be faster. Just because of the style, doesn’t mean more people will do dungeons of your specific path

IDEAS!!!!

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Glitter dyes would be very expensive on the TP. Imagine 300g+ for one dye.

IDEAS!!!!

Posted by: Major Domo.9250

Major Domo.9250

You currently need to be in the same map as the dungeon to enter. Perhaps a compromise would be to allow joining party in the dungeon simply if you have the entry waypoint unlocked. This way you can continue any activity in your current map while waiting for the party to fill.

I don’t believe automating LFG would provide any net benefit, as it’s still up to the individual players to accept or reject any party members, regardless of their motivation. They can filter us filthy casuals from their “80s full asc exp zerk 100+ LI” Ascalonian Catacombs story run, and I can boot the tryhard munchkins from my “5 man minionmaster necro” funsies run.

/slightsarcasm

IDEAS!!!!

Posted by: Chyanne Waters.8719

Chyanne Waters.8719

All my characters in Guildwars have cat ears, Not exactly sure how they would be able to glitter a dye though. I wanna be able to dye weapons, I want the hair to show under hats. Actually the new Bloodstone Circlet showed me a way they could do that just use a different approach to how its put on the head. then fill in the back and top leaving the hair exposed. I know my characters would look killer with their hair sticking out from under the pirate hat.