IGN: GW2 is the best PC game of the year

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Here. Is anyone counting how many awards GW2 got already?

And for those who don’t understand how GW2 has won so many awards, look here. Are you a player like the top one? Then you don’t need any explanation. Are you a player like the bottom one? Then you won’t understand why so many people like GW2, sorry.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Posted by: Rannulf.9417

Rannulf.9417

Don’t worry just like Gamespot, IGN is crap and people don’t take them seriously, well that’s what trolls says.

BTW Best PC game also by People’s choice is GW2.

(edited by Rannulf.9417)

Posted by: Clorox Sour.5142

Clorox Sour.5142

I only trust Kotaku or Gamesradar, and even then, game reviews are only opinions.

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

…that comic link…it looks like Southsun…was Jo predicting Southsun?

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Like I said before, at release the game is worthy of GotY at least for me.

I used to check things out on IGN but in the UK it would take so long to buffer vids and get screenies that we gave up.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I only trust Kotaku or Gamesradar, and even then, game reviews are only opinions.

Not recommending Massively as a source, but I thought their selection and piece on GW2 was well done. Especially in the context of today’s article on what GW2 got wrong. They gave it a well qualified praise, which it is due. I liked the way the piece ended:

“So consider this a reality check. It’s not the apex of game design; it’s a game, one that aims high and hits a respectable number of marks but also one that has some issues it could really work on hammering out over the next year.

Or we could keep going with Ascended gear. That went over real nice."

Posted by: Clorox Sour.5142

Clorox Sour.5142

Not recommending Massively as a source, but I thought their selection and piece on GW2 was well done. Especially in the context of today’s article on what GW2 got wrong. They gave it a well qualified praise, which it is due. I liked the way the piece ended:

“So consider this a reality check. It’s not the apex of game design; it’s a game, one that aims high and hits a respectable number of marks but also one that has some issues it could really work on hammering out over the next year.

Or we could keep going with Ascended gear. That went over real nice."

It was a pretty good article about the state of the game. That’s usually what I look for in game articles. Someone telling you how it is from their point of view, or a majorities complaint, but also letting you know it’s still a good game, it just needs a bit of work with things it falls short on.

Posted by: Signet of Forums.4397

Signet of Forums.4397

Well, I’ll say this: You know that if Kotaku pans a game for being bad, it must be REEEAAALY bad. lol

Therefore we proceed to write a sig.