Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

This game is b2p not f2p anyways.

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

IGN Tweet & Core Game = F2P - what does this mean? [unconfirmed]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yea… the trailer wouldn’t advertise all of these max level activities only to limit them to lvl 15. They showed wvw so that also implies that the free players will also gain access to rhat. Guys I don’t think we are looking at a trial here. This looks like full on free to play.

Not necessarily. Hype videos are always full of the exciting things in the game. They aren’t going to show the players dancing to the cows at level 2 or keeping away from the knockdown bunnies in Wayfarers. After all, if that’s not accessible on a free account and they find out that they have to buy the game to access the exciting stuff, what are they going to do? Complain they didn’t get their money’s worth.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Guys That Shaman already said in July that Trail Versions are coming so its not get F2P its just a trial account. http://thatshaman.blogspot.de/2014/07/upcoming-features-from-entanglement.html
“You have reached the trial limit, but you can do much more by upgrading to a full account. Click the “Upgrade” button on your screen to upgrade now!"

Yeah, that post is 1 year old.

Posted by: nehezbegar.1065

nehezbegar.1065

The restrictions were datamined by the almighty that_shaman long ago.

Only one or two character slots

Limit of level 15

Seems like a limit on how high a “rank” you can get (specific to trial or possibly PvP related)

Only able to send mail to friends.

Can’t send items or gold through mail

Can’t speak in map chat

Can’t access Team Arenas

Can’t access main WvW maps (EB and Borderlands)

Can’t sell items on TP.

http://thatshaman.blogspot.com.es/2014/07/upcoming-features-from-entanglement.html

Like we’ve said a lot in this thread, these do not gel with what’s said in the leaked trailer, and that datamine is from over a year ago. It’s not necessarily relevant.

It does, however, show that ArenaNet is aware that restrictions need to exist to protect the game’s economy.

Yes, they do match up with what is in the trailer. The only thing people can point to is WvW, yet the files Thatshaman datamined was restrictions on the borderlands and EB. Guess what, EOTM is still WvW. Not to mention all those things are in the game files still.

A lot of stuff are still in the game files. GW2 was built in a way that content is usually just added over others, nothing or barely nothing is removed. (Yes, you can still find stuff from releases from years ago [like Labyrintine Cliff map assets, per example] in the game files and those aren’t even valid or available anymore). Then, stuff still existing in games files doesn’t really mean they are still valid.

“Experience limitless adventure” from the trailer does not mean “untill lvl 15”

Posted by: yorick.1305

yorick.1305

Unless raids are ‘paid’ content.

Ouch.

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

Limit of level 15

Seems like a limit on how high a “rank” you can get (specific to trial or possibly PvP related)

Can’t speak in map chat

Can’t access Team Arenas

Can’t sell items on TP.

http://thatshaman.blogspot.com.es/2014/07/upcoming-features-from-entanglement.html

Like we’ve said a lot in this thread, these do not gel with what’s said in the leaked trailer, and that datamine is from over a year ago. It’s not necessarily relevant.

It does, however, show that ArenaNet is aware that restrictions need to exist to protect the game’s economy.

How does this not gel with what was said in the trailer. And I quote.

“Leap into an award winning world
Experience limitless adventure
Challenge others in world class pvp
And massive world vs world battles”

EOTM World vs world battles,
Non team arena battles world class pvp
Limitless adventure, play 1-25 as much as you want!

Like seriously, thats all the trailer says and you people are like IT GUARANTEES THINGS IT DOESNT SAY!

My guess is that gw2 is going f2p from saturday till expansion release.
Getting as many people to try the game as possible on the last month till expansion.

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Posted by: JUN YANG.4328

JUN YANG.4328

Basically i want mix and match. no matter how they release armor skin
the last one is carapace,
for a years how many armor skin they release?
as i know is 2 ONLY
carapace and glory (aug 2014)

@ Jun Yang

About the armor skins. They aren’t going to put more armor in the gemstore. All new armor will be in game, probably with the expansion, as ingame reward for doing content. This is probably a response to numerous threads requesting armor to be ingame only.

Source
“For example, armor sets are now exclusively designed as in-game rewards while outfits are primarily Gem Store offerings.”

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

This game is b2p not f2p anyways.

May not be for long.

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Ouch.

Raids will be HoT related most likely. So yes, they will be paid content. There’s nothing wrong with that. They want to raid, they need to buy HoT.

Now charging gems to raid….that’s an abomination.

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

New player get free core game BY purchase HoT.

You can’t get a free core game WITHOUT paying HoT at least $50. No body is getting core alone for free. Unless it is a free trial.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Limit of level 15

Can’t speak in map chat

Can’t access Team Arenas

Can’t sell items on TP.

Yes, they do match up with what is in the trailer. The only thing people can point to is WvW, yet the files Thatshaman datamined was restrictions on the borderlands and EB. Guess what, EOTM is still WvW. Not to mention all those things are in the game files still.

A lot of stuff are still in the game files. GW2 was built in a way that content is usually just added over others, nothing or barely nothing is removed. (Yes, you can still find stuff from releases from years ago [like Labyrintine Cliff map assets, per example] in the game files and those aren’t even valid or available anymore). Then, stuff still existing in games files doesn’t really mean they are still valid.

“Experience limitless adventure” from the trailer does not mean “untill lvl 15”

It depends how you define limitless and adventure. The events could be called adventure (since you are fighting the centaurs/inquest/nightmare court/sons of svanir/separatist and saving the towns/countryside/fighting the available meta bosses) and limitless could mean doing the events available to you over and over, without an artificial limit except the ability to level to access higher areas.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: drgast.1469

drgast.1469

New player get free core game BY purchase HoT.

You can’t get a free core game WITHOUT paying HoT at least $50. No body is getting core alone for free. Unless it is a free trial.

Right, but the speculation from the IGN blunder is that this will no longer be the case moving forward.

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

The price tag is the reason why channels aren’t a mess of Cyrillic and Portuguese though.

Huh? What’s your point?

In subscription games and B2P games the only Brazilians and Russians who play are those who can afford to, and are generally better behaved and speak English.

Once the F2P floodgates open you will see the quality of players from those countries who can’t even afford to pay $10. They don’t speak English, they’re extremely rude players that harass people because they feel their country should ‘take over’ the server.

When LotRO closed its Russian server and they migrated to a North American server they announced they were taking over the server and started harassing people and kill stealing and flooding world chat with Cyrillic and the only times they ever spoke English was to insult the US.

same thing happened in TERA the DAY it went F2P.

Meanwhile TESO went B2P and chat in that game is still English.

F2P opens the doors for the worst grade of players. if they can’t even afford $10, they will never invest in the game and will therefore have 0 motivation to behave.

Thankfully there’s no kill stealing in GW2, so hopefully the F2P accounts will have extreme chat restrictions, only able to whisper those who whisper them first, not able to use map chat. That’ll at least mitigate the worst consequences of taking in the hobos of the internet.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

It will depend on how badly things blow up.

Just look at what happen with HoT and the character slot.

Heh, true. They could still make some kinda screwup in this switchover that needs some smoothing over. I just don’t see anything inherently wrong with going F2P that would call for it.

HoT getting that char slot was definitely needed with the offering to new customers. Even that is now changed though, with their “free core game” now seeming to be a baseline for anyone that wants it. I do think it’s an unusual time to do this, after making such a big deal over new players getting the game for free with a HoT purchase.

We went from HoT requiring GW2, to HoT including it, to GW2 just being free to everyone in 8 months time. It was barely two months ago when GW2 was announced as being a bonus to new HoT buyers. And now that’s already changing before HoT is even out. I get the impression that Anet doesn’t really know what they want to do with the core game. It just has a feeling of uncertainty and instability…is there some in-fighting over what to do with the game as a marketable product? (cough Nexon attempting another power grab)

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Posted by: drgast.1469

drgast.1469

Key word being speculation. I’m not gonna overreact too much about anything either way, especially without all of the info. However, as I said…mislead not because of false information, but rather for lack of what many people would call essential info.

Translation: A person Pre-purchases HoT thinking they are getting a really good deal with the full game free included and always wanted to try it so why not. Then finds out they could get the core game free and then decide if they want to get HoT. I know it’s a fine line, really I do. But it is there nonetheless.

Again, all pure speculation at this point from IGN’s mess-up.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

ANet has reinvented GW2 several times now. While I am waiting to see what’s in the big reveal, very little will surprise me.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Ouch.

Raids will be HoT related most likely. So yes, they will be paid content. There’s nothing wrong with that. They want to raid, they need to buy HoT.

They could take a tactic from other F2P … 1(or some other static number) try of the raid per day for F2P. Unlimited runs for paid.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

yeah, more like free IF purchase HoT. at best, restricted f2p.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

The price tag is the reason why channels aren’t a mess of Cyrillic and Portuguese though.

Huh? What’s your point?

In subscription games and B2P games the only Brazilians and Russians who play are those who can afford to, and are generally better behaved and speak English.

Once the F2P floodgates open you will see the quality of players from those countries who can’t even afford to pay $10. They don’t speak English, they’re extremely rude players that harass people because they feel their country should ‘take over’ the server.

When LotRO closed its Russian server and they migrated to a North American server they announced they were taking over the server and started harassing people and kill stealing and flooding world chat with Cyrillic and the only times they ever spoke English was to insult the US.

F2P opens the doors for the worst grade of players. if they can’t even afford $10, they will never invest in the game and will therefore have 0 motivation to behave.

Thankfully there’s no kill stealing in GW2, so hopefully the F2P accounts will have extreme chat restrictions, only able to whisper those who whisper them first, not able to use map chat. That’ll at least mitigate the worst consequences of taking in the hobos of the internet.

Well, I tend to agree and after that I even feel ashamed to tell I’m brazilian, hence my question. But yes, I know the bad name that some players from my country have caused us to get and I see your point. Honestly, I play GW2 in an European server and at times I feel glad to not see those type of ppl from my country around there, hehe :P Also, rest assured I’m not like those and I don’t even support that type of behavior either.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

And for all we know IGN leaked info they know was false to generate traffic to their site as people go to the site to investigate how legit it looks.

Or they misinterpreted something.

If there is a Q&A session at the event, I’m sure someone is bound to ask about the IGN article as the event is 2 days away.

Posted by: Agent Noun.7350

Agent Noun.7350

Ouch.

They could take a tactic from other F2P … 1(or some other static number) try of the raid per day for F2P. Unlimited runs for paid.

Raids will probably be purely paid content and won’t be available to F2P players, given that they’re going to be HoT content.

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

The karma change sucked, and hopefully it was an insight more than an intentional change without notice.

But I see absolutely no problem with them not commenting on IGN’s leak. They have a schedule in place, a specific set of announcements to make. Particularly since said announcements are slated for a large reveal at a major event, I don’t expect them to spill the beans beforehand just because of a leak. Official info IS coming. And its only a few days away.

If the community wants to “tear themselves apart” over incomplete information when they only have to wait a few days for the official word, their problem, I say.

I think you meant,The karma change was an oversight and I hope you’re right but after speaking with CS it doesn’t sound, at least to me, like it was unintended. I’m not even sure how they could make that one right after so much time has passed?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

A lot of people already think we’re getting raids. But raids as other MMOs have them? Guild Wars 2 style raids. No one knows. But raiding has always been a hot topic on these forums.

That said, they did have a raid CDI a long time ago, and they hired a raid developer. Most people do believe some form of raiding in incoming.

As for the karma change, there should definitely have been warning about that.

Posted by: KhanKatir.4038

KhanKatir.4038

They don’t give a kitten about kitten. Dontcha think by now the 50 billion times they haven’t communicated they would have? No.

It’s obvious they aren’t making enough money. Period. And they do what they want to. Input not required.

I figured it out a long time ago that you either play the game they made for themselves, or you go somewhere else. I like it enough to stay.

For now.

(edited by KhanKatir.4038)

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

IGN must have broken an embargo, was pretty unhelpful of them. It makes sense for anet to ignore them, just wait for the official presentation on Saturday.

mrstealth.6701

As much as I’d like to just dismiss claims like this as stereotyping…I can’t. Because I’ve seen it happen in other games. It’s, of course, not all of the players from these countries. But there can be a large number of them, as well as English-speakers that are just as disruptive.

I don’t recall seeing a lot of that in Tera when I played for a while earlier this year. Though, chats were still rather bad at times(worse than anything I’ve seen in GW2). So it does seem that phenomenon can be one that doesn’t last. But it certainly does happen to at least some games that make a F2P move.

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

We went from HoT requiring GW2, to HoT including it, to GW2 just being free to everyone in 8 months time. It was barely two months ago when GW2 was announced as being a bonus to new HoT buyers. And now that’s already changing before HoT is even out. I get the impression that Anet doesn’t really know what they want to do with the core game. It just has a feeling of uncertainty and instability…is there some in-fighting over what to do with the game as a marketable product? (cough Nexon attempting another power grab)

I think it’s a matter of GW2 not being as successful as ArenaNet had hoped, hence the need for increasingly desperate tactics (“We won’t make expansions but focus on the Living World instead”, “We will put the Living World on hold and work on an expansion”, “We will charge a lot for the expansion! But hey, new players get the core game for free, and there won’t be a ‘core’ game anymore, all GW2 will be GW2 + HoT”, “No, actually, we will keep a separate GW2 game but it will be free to play”).

Just a flesh wound.3589

@JUN YANG (his thread was merged into this thread)

Well, making the decision to both add armor only to the game and make an expansion has undoubtably halted us getting more new armors. After all, if it’s reward for doing new content and new content is only with the expansion, then there is going to be a armor drought.

That Shaman has datamined several new armors. The last time I saw these, I remember seeing the Revenant heavy armor, 3 types of Leyline armor, and 2 or 3 sets of other armors, unnamed.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

There’s really nothing to worry about. Regardless of if it’s a full F2P client or simply a free trial, either way it’s going to be severely restricted. ArenaNet has already had to deal with some of the problems that free accounts will cause, so it’s ridiculous to think that they would intentionally undo that. WvW for example was once abused by free transfers. They’re not going to repeat that with free accounts, which would be far easier to abuse.

If they do end up implementing a F2P client without certain restrictions however, it’ll be great to exploit. The personal loot system simply makes it far too easy. Simply AFK world bosses with several accounts. Even if free clients can’t trade, you can simply amass wealth, upgrade the account, dump your earnings, then request a refund (30 day refund policy).

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

I hate to tell you this OP but this isnt the first time IGN has broken embargo. I don’t think anet’s really at fault here.

The Sickest Guild NA

Posted by: JUN YANG.4328

JUN YANG.4328

i saw those armor too. not a big fans of it. but still hope can be release. that news was more then 3 month ago.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

To get a new player to pre-purchase HoT, they had to include the core game for free.

Now it’s time to get players who wouldn’t fork over that to give the game a try (with restrictions that have nothing to do with game content but likely email trading, chat and anything that could disrupt the game’s economy) for free, in hopes to snag some additional new players who would then by HoT to remove the restrictions. It also doubles as a way to keep the core game world populated as vets take their level 80s into HoT.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I think it’s a matter of GW2 not being as successful as ArenaNet had hoped, hence the need for increasingly desperate tactics (“We won’t make expansions but focus on the Living World instead”, “We will put the Living World on hold and work on an expansion”, “We will charge a lot for the expansion! But hey, new players get the core game for free, and there won’t be a ‘core’ game anymore, all GW2 will be GW2 + HoT”, “No, actually, we will keep a separate GW2 game but it will be free to play”).

Ncsoft is porting over Blade and Soul to the west sometime in the early 2016.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they are breathing down Anet’s neck to get player counts/profits higher to keep financial focus on themselves.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Behellagh.1468

IGN is the 800lbs gorilla of online gaming news. ANet’s puny embargo means nothing to them. Where is ANet going to go? Kotaku? MMO specific sites with less than 1/10th the daily viewers?

Anyways I’ve been finding this sturm und drang amusing as players dredge up year old data mine text, a video that says little and proceed to blow this way out of proportion.

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Substance E.4852

I hate to tell you this OP but this isnt the first time IGN has broken embargo. I don’t think anet’s really at fault here.

The leak isn’t Anet’s fault but the ensuing confusion and the forum eating itself over rampant speculation due to the leak is.

They can’t address it without effectively rendering PAX null though. They are just going to let the wildfire speculation burn itself out until afternoon Saturday.

mrstealth.6701

Seems pretty likely as well. Like someone mentioned above, it could be directly related to HoT sales not being what they expected. Which does make sense considering the massive PR debacle that came right after pre-orders went up.

Behellagh.1468

HoT sales should kick up once they ever get around announcing a firm delivery date. Participating in the beta is meaningless for a lot of players. Why spoil the surprise by playing it first to death beta weekend after beta weekend? So they are waiting until there is something more definite than “2015 for sure”.

RIP City of Heroes

Substance E.4852

HoT sales should kick up once they ever get around announcing a firm delivery date. Participating in the beta is meaningless for a lot of players. Why spoil the surprise by playing it first to death beta weekend after beta weekend? So they are waiting until there is something more definite than “2015 for sure”.

I think it’s the general lack of concrete, itemized details of what’s included that has a lot playing the wait and see game. The files will be pushed to the client regardless of whether people buy access or not and the pre-order bonuses are both fairly underwhelming and will probably end up as some digital upgrade like the vanilla CE bonuses did.

Basically Anet has given little hard reason to not simply buy a day or two after release when everything will finally be on the table when it comes to people who aren’t diehard players which is probably a lot in a game with no sub fee.

This might change after PAX but probably only for folks who like raids.

Posted by: Zee The Free.1536

Zee The Free.1536

NO RAIDS NO FTP! I put too much time and money in this game and the prepurchase on the expansion to pay for someone else to play for free….not a fair shake and this is not WoW

How did that feel?
REAL GOOD!
The Zeke T Freak machine: zero defects.

Posted by: Substatic.6958

Substatic.6958

NO RAIDS NO FTP! I put too much time and money in this game and the prepurchase on the expansion to pay for someone else to play for free….not a fair shake and this is not WoW

Why no raids?

Some people enjoy them. You have crafting, wvw, pvp, poorly made dungeons, open world, and mindless zerg bosses. Why do you care if people get another activity?

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

ITT people overreacting on barely any information. How do we know they are traditional raids? Knowing anet I doubt they are and if they are why does it matter?

Posted by: NetherDiver.6079

NetherDiver.6079

There’s really nothing to worry about. Regardless of if it’s a full F2P client or simply a free trial, either way it’s going to be severely restricted. ArenaNet has already had to deal with some of the problems that free accounts will cause, so it’s ridiculous to think that they would intentionally undo that. WvW for example was once abused by free transfers. They’re not going to repeat that with free accounts, which would be far easier to abuse.

If they do end up implementing a F2P client without certain restrictions however, it’ll be great to exploit. The personal loot system simply makes it far too easy. Simply AFK world bosses with several accounts. Even if free clients can’t trade, you can simply amass wealth, upgrade the account, dump your earnings, then request a refund (30 day refund policy).

Some people that are freaking out about gold seller spam and toxic behavior are being a little silly. Lots of F2P games have chat/trading restrictions.

Substance E.4852

ITT people overreacting on barely any information. How do we know they are traditional raids? Knowing anet I doubt they are and if they are why does it matter?

Because Guild Wars players have had a hate kitten for WoW since the GW:Prophecies days.

Anything that is in WoW is automatically bad and should never be in GW2. You want mounts? Well kitten that idea, WoW has mounts and WoW is the antichrist as long as you ignore the Riding Broom and Magic Carpet.

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

I never understood the WoW hate. GW2 is the epitome of instant gratification and themepark style, the same style WoW glorified.

mrstealth.6701

Because Guild Wars players have had a hate kitten for WoW since the GW:Prophecies days.

Anything that is in WoW is automatically bad and should never be in GW2. You want mounts? Well kitten that idea, WoW has mounts and WoW is the antichrist as long as you ignore the Riding Broom and Magic Carpet.

As someone that has no love for WoW and has played GW since 2005, I can say I don’t really care what WOW has or hasn’t done. I don’t care for typical raid content, but I also don’t care if it it gets added to GW2. The only concern I do have regarding it is the effect that type of content can have on a community. There is already more than enough elitism in dungeons, having larger parties just makes that mentality even harder to overcome.

Maybe Anet will have a different take on raids, like they do with other types of content. I don’t really expect them to copy the style from other MMOs, but it’s hard to not have some similarities. I’d like to see this turn out to be something I might actually do, and not some disappointment that involves an hour of trying to organize builds and roles for 30 players.

tldr
I don’t really care as long as it’s not some elitism fueled mess. As for the whether it’s actually something good or bad, I’ll wait till we actually see it.

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

I have only one concern. For a game that made it a selling point to be so different, this seems to turn into yet another generic mmo step by step over the years. We will see i guess. Not sure what to do when we get those mounts though.

Just a flesh wound.3589

I have only one concern. For a game that made it a selling point to be so different, this seems to turn into yet another generic mmo step by step over the years. We will see i guess. Not sure what to do when we get those mounts though.

Mounts. Coming to a gemstore near you. Only 200 gems. (So everyone can get one)

Attachments:

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

RoRo.8270

This isn’t even remotely true. I’ve played guild wars 1 since the bwe and wow but quit during burning crusade. You make it sound as if wow invented raiding

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

Huh? What’s your point?

Well, I tend to agree and after that I even feel ashamed to tell I’m brazilian, hence my question. But yes, I know the bad name that some players from my country have caused us to get and I see your point. Honestly, I play GW2 in an European server and at times I feel glad to not see those type of ppl from my country around there, hehe :P Also, rest assured I’m not like those and I don’t even support that type of behavior either.

Yeah, I don’t mean to judge the entire country, just .. the caliber of people who tend to flock to F2P MMO’s from them.. those who can pay into a game, I’ve had in guilds with me and we’ve gotten along fine. I got a Russian in my guild in GW2 and he’s a pretty chill dude. I suppose it’s just broke people in general that tend to be really bad to have in MMO’s because they have no investment in the game and have no qualms about misbehaving since they’ll just create another free account.

It’s just more noticeable when those players are speaking a different language to boot.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

RoRo.8270

This isn’t even remotely true. I’ve played guild wars 1 since the bwe and wow but quit during burning crusade. You make it sound as if wow invented raiding

As someone that has no love for WoW and has played GW since 2005, I can say I don’t really care what WOW has or hasn’t done. I don’t care for typical raid content, but I also don’t care if it it gets added to GW2. The only concern I do have regarding it is the effect that type of content can have on a community. There is already more than enough elitism in dungeons, having larger parties just makes that mentality even harder to overcome.

Maybe Anet will have a different take on raids, like they do with other types of content. I don’t really expect them to copy the style from other MMOs, but it’s hard to not have some similarities. I’d like to see this turn out to be something I might actually do, and not some disappointment that involves an hour of trying to organize builds and roles for 30 players.

tldr
I don’t really care as long as it’s not some elitism fueled mess. As for the whether it’s actually something good or bad, I’ll wait till we actually see it.

If these raids are as challenging as they are hyping it up to be you won’t be pugging them. I also never got this whole elitism vibe from dungeons. If it’s such a problem create your own groups stating you do not want those types of players.