IMO the most annoying thing in the game

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: shahryar.8437

shahryar.8437

Yellow mobs…….

when the vast majority of skills are aoes, cones, bounces, or “skill shots” to borrow a LoL term
Yellow mobs are the most frustrating thing in existence.

You want to slow that event based champion charging you, I’m sorry that will also hit some mosquitoes just happened to be out of your Los and the attacked bounced to them. you used your basic auto attack on that champion? Oh a Moa just happened to walk next to it so you hit it as well.

I have not had one character where this does not become a problem. And yellow mobs turn even the most straight forward event or quest into a dang minefield.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I thought you were talking about champions for a second.

The yellow mobs don’t bother me too much. They do require that you plan a bit before an encounter first. What I do is pull the moa/deer/pig/etc first, kill it, then deal with my primary target.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: interpol.2397

interpol.2397

I just wish they would be excluded from autotarget. If I lose target on my actual enemy, and press C to retarget them (usually because they’re right behind me, or I can’t see my cursor to click on them in the mess of particle effects that I cannot disable), if there’s a Neutral anywhere in the area, my attack just targets them instead.
NO! Why? I didn’t ask for this at all!

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

The yellow mobs are really really easy to kill.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Most annoying thing in this game is now WE MUST PLAY like ANET wants us to play, as in chests for bosses only drop once daily per character so those that prefer NOT TO do other things no longer have fun. Bring back ability to do dragons or WHATEVER multiple times and get rewarded for it.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

How about program the AI for yellow mobs thus;

“There’s a seriously scary battle about to happen, and I am sure-as-kitten not going to walk right into the middle of it. Hell, I’m just gonna add some EXTRA distance to this whole shebang right now.”