IMO....

IMO....

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Meridian.8730

Meridian.8730

There should be NO build in the entire gw2 system that negates all ranged damage in 1v1 dueling. How many actually do this? Ranger and warrior can, but warrior does it better.

There should be NO build in the gw2 system that a person can stand still in 1v1 dueling and only heal occasionally, and never die. Warrior, Ranger, Guardian can do this.

There should be NO build in the entire gw2 system that is completely unbeatable by all builds of some other class. All builds should have tradeoffs. HealtankstuncondiimmuneWarrior is completely unbeatable by any thief build, and feardhuumfirecondispamNecro is also unbeatable by any thief build. Warrior also never loses to elementalist and likely would never lose to Mesmer or Necro.

What is ANET going to do about underpowered thieves and overpowered bunkers like Warriors and overpowered Necro condi builds? Why not nerf them since you always nerf Thief? Last nerf made sword the most worthless mainhand weapon next to pistol for wvw/pvp.

You might as well remove thief altogether and decide that ranger and warrior take up two sides of thief to the point that thief is redundant (which it is becoming due to homogenizing the class) and inferior (which it is).

IMO....

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

You are however completely ignoring the fact that the game is not and never will be balanced around 1v1.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

IMO....

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

There should be NO build in the entire gw2 system that negates all ranged damage in 1v1 dueling. How many actually do this? Ranger and warrior can, but warrior does it better.

There should be NO build in the gw2 system that a person can stand still in 1v1 dueling and only heal occasionally, and never die. Warrior, Ranger, Guardian can do this.

There should be NO build in the entire gw2 system that is completely unbeatable by all builds of some other class. All builds should have tradeoffs. HealtankstuncondiimmuneWarrior is completely unbeatable by any thief build, and feardhuumfirecondispamNecro is also unbeatable by any thief build. Warrior also never loses to elementalist and likely would never lose to Mesmer or Necro.

What is ANET going to do about underpowered thieves and overpowered bunkers like Warriors and overpowered Necro condi builds? Why not nerf them since you always nerf Thief? Last nerf made sword the most worthless mainhand weapon next to pistol for wvw/pvp.

You might as well remove thief altogether and decide that ranger and warrior take up two sides of thief to the point that thief is redundant (which it is becoming due to homogenizing the class) and inferior (which it is).

Hehe, it always amuses me when a Thief cries for his class to be unusable.
Try playing Elementalist in a PvP environment and then come here….

#ELEtism 4ever

IMO....

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

guild wars 2 is a team game, not a 1 vs 1 game.

necro and warrior were too weak previously.
necro and warrior are fine now.

some professions need some buff maybe.

IMO....

Meridian.8730

But I don’t want to play with crappy teammates who never win forever because they don’t know how to play or fight or cap points. I want 1v1 skill to MEAN something. I want to be able to roam and actually WIN fights in 1v1 duels vs those tank bunkers. As it stands, they will always eventually kill me if I stick around long enough, simply because they can outheal all the damage I do with full zerk gear.

(edited by Meridian.8730)

IMO....

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Then maybe you aren’t as skilled as you believe?
There is not a single class in the game that would win against superior skill

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

IMO....

Meridian.8730

I have sympathy for ele but they have some very nice damage to make up for their other deficiencies….and good AOE-based attacks and various ways to negate damage besides dodging.

IMO....

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Well right now there is no way, no class, no build what can beat my bunker/heal engi 1v1 now or even lower my HP.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

IMO....

Posted by: AtoBoss.2906

AtoBoss.2906

Yep, this is clearly in your opinion and should stay that way.
1. You’re clearly a thief, a bad one too
2. I’ve seen eles kill warriors, alot of scrubs out there… but yes, ele is weak. And necro and mesmers destroy warriors 1v1 – hurr durr
3. Not sure what you mean by ‘negate ranged damage.’ Are you complaining about blocks and reflecting projectiles? Sorry that your pistol spam doesnt work – some people have brains.
4. Not sure what you mean by a class ‘standing still and healing occasionally.’ You lost to a player standing still doing nothing? Now im really interested in your failskills.
5. You basically sum up all my points – a thief whining about pistol and sword – play an ele and lets see what you have to say
6. So exactly what’s your suggestion? You wanna nerf everything until rangers, necros, warriors basically eat your pistol and 2221111 spam?

Holycowow

IMO....

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

I have sympathy for ele but they have some very nice damage to make up for their other deficiencies….and good AOE-based attacks and various ways to negate damage besides dodging.

Yeah that’s true, but that hardly makes up for the lowest HP + Armor in game. And if you want to be able to survive something, you have severely impaired damage output by that, if you spec for damage, you won’t survive for more than a few secs if you’re lucky.

Bunker-regen-shout warrior doesn’t have these problems it seems, and still puts out quite nice condition damage and is able to outrun most of the classes. Something doesn’t fit here.

#ELEtism 4ever

IMO....

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Guardians that can do this almost always have to constantly be rolling and standing still is usually a bad idea.

There should be NO build in the entire gw2 system that is completely unbeatable by all builds of some other class.

And there are NONE.

[quote=3072541;Meridian.8730:][quote][quote]

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

IMO....

Posted by: Coarr.3286

Coarr.3286

There should be NO build in the entire gw2 system that is completely unbeatable by all builds of some other class. All builds should have tradeoffs. HealtankstuncondiimmuneWarrior is completely unbeatable by any thief build, and feardhuumfirecondispamNecro is also unbeatable by any thief build.

a guild mate is currently recording some fights again the “HealtankstuncondiimmuneWarrior”. as far i i know he hasnt los a single fight since 2 months.

hybrid dmg is the way you have to go atm.

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!