IS this an NPC bot?

IS this an NPC bot?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Smiter.3861

Smiter.3861

Hi, I just ported into Lions Arch with a new character. Stopped at the practice dummies for a moment, and was being hit with npc spell effect. No damage, but still.. never had that before unless participating in a skill challenge or something similar. I looked around and found 3 what appears to be mesmer npc’s on top of the tarp over the merchant area prior to the bridge that goes across to fountain area.

Wondering if I never saw them before, or if this is some type of hack/bot in the game. The npc’s have a very curious name, “Chickenlitle.” What makes me think it is a bot/hack is that “little” is spelled wrong.. using only one " t "

This is on the Tarnished Coast server. Can anyone confirm that this is legit npc or not?

Attached pic shows the spell effect hitting me, and the misspelled name.

I also googled “Chickenlitle gw2” and came up with nothing.. which also made me wonder if this is legit.. or an intentional/unintentional wrong named npc.

Thanks for assistance.

Attachments:

(edited by Smiter.3861)

IS this an NPC bot?

Posted by: OldRodKS.9758

OldRodKS.9758

Looks like a player with 2 mesmer clones to me. As for the spell hitting you, I’ve seen that before. Running around during the Halloween event people spamming spells and they appeared to be hitting me, but I got no damage from them.

Playing on Tarnished Coast
Playing a various Stormspire alt – if it’s Stormspire, it’s probably me
Guilds: Elder Prophets [EP], Principality of New Katulus (PiNK)

IS this an NPC bot?

Smiter.3861

NO… not a player…

The pic clearly shows the name in NPC green

IS this an NPC bot?

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

That doesn’t look like a player. A trick is to check if you can invite to a party (for next time).

IS this an NPC bot?

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

Mesmer clones aren’t players, in PvE they are colored green as NPCs for those who aren’t the mesmer or in their party. The spell likely hitting you is the defaut autocast (first skill) of the staff weapon. When it hits an enemy it also bounces to allies to give boons. Nothing unusual. They probably attack the dummies to create the clones and the clones or the mesmer casts the spells.

So as mesmer clones have the same name as their mesmer creator, this name is the name of another player.

IS this an NPC bot?

Smiter.3861

Here is another picture. With 4 of the same characters. This one shows NPC green and then a player character with same name. Something is out of the ordinary here.

Attachments:

IS this an NPC bot?

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

Mesmer and its clones nothing out of ordinary about that

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

IS this an NPC bot?

Posted by: Jink Bonestealer.9274

Jink Bonestealer.9274

Yeah, I saw that and the player was up there with the clones. I suppose they thought it was an amusing way to idle or afk.

Leader of the Wind Riders [WIND]
I support Tengu as a playable race.

IS this an NPC bot?

I See No Tomorrow.7302

Here is another picture. With 4 of the same characters. This one shows NPC green and then a player character with same name. Something is out of the ordinary here.

Not out of the ordinary. See my last post.

IS this an NPC bot?

Smiter.3861

I see No tomorrow…

Thanks.. I think you may have answered my question. I have little familiarity with mesmer, also from first angle.. I could not see a player.. nor is one in the screenshot.

Thanks.. I think you may have answered my question. I have little familiarity with mesmer, also from first angle.. I could not see a player.. nor is one in the screenshot.The second screenshot player appears. Not sure why there was not in first.
So mesmer can have 3 clones and self like screenshot shows?

IS this an NPC bot?

I See No Tomorrow.7302

I see No tomorrow…
Thanks.. I think you may have answered my question. I have little familiarity with mesmer, also from first angle.. I could not see a player.. nor is one in the screenshot.The second screenshot player appears. Not sure why there was not in first.
So mesmer can have 3 clones and self like screenshot shows?

Yeah, mesmers can have up to 3 clones/phantasms (all are under the blanket term Illusion). Clones look solid like the mesmer while phantasms are see through things that look like ghosts.

IS this an NPC bot?

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Recently in LA there was an NPC attacking another NPC for no damage. They were near the dungeon vendors. Asura was casting and a Charr was being hit. Later when I went by they had stopped.

This also happened once in the outpost north of Jelako. It’s just some sort of bug.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

IS this an NPC bot?

Smiter.3861

Thanks.. case solved! :-)

IS this an NPC bot?

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your responses and for helping with this issue. As the case is solved, we are going to close the thread.

Thanks again