Idea: Gemstore Item Account-link

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Introduction: A little Assura went to America

A while ago I got a bit bored on my main account in EU and I thought. let’s find out how play (especially EotM and WvW) in NA is. So I made a f2p-account in NA. It was fun to start really from scratch, I reached 80 now, I always managed to earn gold, such that I’ve a bit more than twice the amount of gold than lvl (so 160+g at lvl 80), I did not supported my twink-acount very much, just bought some runes for it (as f2p cannot buy very much in the TP), and now an lvl 80 Exo weapon set.

I hate that I cannot fly so I thought about buying an upgrade to HoT for it.
But I decided: No, it doesn’t worth, as I do not have the time to do everything again
So I started thinking: Under which condition I would be interested in having 2 HoT accounts?. Here is the result.

Proposal

I would be interested to have two HoT-accounts (1 in NA and 1 in EU), if

• I could freely exchange (e.g. via mail or a special bank-slot) account bound items between them (This is the most important request, I don’t want to learn crafting again, but still would like ascended stuff on the 2nd account, and I’ve several copper-salvage-o-mats on my main account from pre-shared item slot while my twink-account missed one urgently, and …)
  • I could freely exchange currencies between them
  • (optional:) The wardrobe is shared
  • (optional) The colors are shared

Of course such a account-link should not be unlimited, it would be abused by gold-seller, account-leveler amd likely even by player to trade acccount-bound items.

I can easily live with the following restrictions:

• such a link is permanent
  • both accounts to be linked must be HoT (for future extensions: maybe they must buy a special link-extension, that upgraddes all of them)
  • only a limited number of accounts can be linked together (2?, 3?, ??), if only 2, then even : the account must be in different realms, i.e. EU and NA
  • a link cost 1000gems, especially if this provides a linked-account-shared bank slot of say 10 places (where you can exchange account bound items)

What do you think?

Do you have a need for such a link?

Under which restrictions would you be interested?

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Will not work. It’s a technical impossibility.

Dayra.7405

Will not work. It’s a technical impossibility.

You can mail items and gold between NA and EU.

TP is shared between NA and EU.

So it is possible already, just that account-bound things cannot be exchanged.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The impossibility may be that account-bound items are tied to one’s account data. Account data centers are separate and can’t be shared. To move account data from one center to the other takes up to half an hour (or more) according to the Devs.

Thus, perhaps it is possible, but not in a timely manner. Considering the time restraint might increase as more requests come in, would players be satisfied waiting hours or days to exchange items between linked accounts? What if the account data can only be moved as a unit? Then, twice the wait as all data must be moved to the other data center, and then moved back (less the one item).

It’s probably a lot more complicated than it seems to the layman.

Dayra.7405

I do not see your point.

If I have e.g. a sunrise, it’s unbound after crafting: I can freely mail it to anyone.
And I mailed items between my two account, they appeared faster than I was able to switch accounts.

When I wear the sunrise, it get an account-tag and I can no longer mail it.
The only thing I asked for is to lift this restriction.

Anyway, it’s technical simplicity or complicatedness is completely irrelevant here in the forum.

What is relevant here is only: How many would be interested to buy it

If that number is large ANet could make complicated things possible.
If this is just me, even easy things do not worth their effort.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I do not see your point.

If I have e.g. a sunrise, it’s unbound after crafting: I can freely mail it to anyone.
And I mailed items between my two account, they appeared faster than I was able to switch accounts.

When I wear the sunrise, it get an account-tag and I can no longer mail it.
The only thing I asked for is to lift this restriction.

Anyway, it’s technical simplicity or complicatedness is completely irrelevant here in the forum.

What is relevant here is only: How many would be interested to buy it

If that number is large ANet could make complicated things possible.
If this is just me, even easy things do not worth their effort.

only

That is a pretty big “only”

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Dayra.7405

only

That is a pretty big “only”

Yes, thats why I put some restrictions on its usage

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

If it were not for technical issues galore it would be a great boon to us altoholics. I currently have one HOT account that has a dozen characters and I spend 99% of my time on. I have another paid (but not HOT) account that I just use to collect login rewards on because if I bought HOT there would be so much I would need to do to even come close to what I have on the other account.