Idea for AFKers

Idea for AFKers

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

We’ve all seen them. sitting there in corners hiding while we go all the work and get the rewards in events. I purpose a method that helps kill them off quicker. I means to mark them on the spot. like reporting it but instead it will trigger a message and requirement to move so far from their current location within a 1-2 min window or be removed.

#ELEtism

Idea for AFKers

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Or just change the AFK kick timer to something like the WvW area. I think that might be around 5 minutes. If you don’t move then you are kicked out.

Idea for AFKers

Chaotic Storm.2815

Or just change the AFK kick timer to something like the WvW area. I think that might be around 5 minutes. If you don’t move then you are kicked out.

that would also be ideal

#ELEtism

Idea for AFKers

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

My preference would be to see a minimum participation threshold for event rewards added (or increased). Currently I can get rewards for events by running past them on my way to someplace else without pausing to interact with the event at all. I am not suggesting some requirement for elite performance or anything, but something more than, “I was in the general vicinity of the event without even knowing that ti was running and I got bronze reward,” seems appropriate.

Idea for AFKers

Posted by: Steel Fenrir.2791

Steel Fenrir.2791

Reading this thread I suddenly remembered the good old days of Guild Wars 1 participating in the Jade Quarry and Fort Aspenwood battles. We often get N/A bomber botters in Jade Quarry, but hey, atleast they try to contribute to the team’s success and not just standing in one place or roam around randomly to simulate activity. I also remember the one and only time I saw Dhuum reaping the soul of a player character in Fort Aspenwood.

Devs, could you please bring back in Guild Wars 2 leeching reporting, and automatic temporary bans from events?

My preference would be to see a minimum participation threshold for event rewards added (or increased).

+1 I approve.

Idea for AFKers

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Or, and this is just a wild statement…

People could stop worrying about what other people do that is perfectly acceptable to do by the game itself.

There is a timer for if you are afk too long it will boot you from the game. They are not getting booted from the game.

Not a problem.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Idea for AFKers

Chaotic Storm.2815

Or, and this is just a wild statement…

People could stop worrying about what other people do that is perfectly acceptable to do by the game itself.

There is a timer for if you are afk too long it will boot you from the game. They are not getting booted from the game.

Not a problem.

most times I’d be on side for just ignoring them and do what your there to do but lately I been getting alot of times where if we had just had even 2-3 more we could of done it and instead of those kitten 10-15 just standing their like zombies which really ticks me off because its like having something I worked for snatched away by someone else for no good reason.

#ELEtism

Idea for AFKers

Posted by: Brizna.5612

Brizna.5612

Or easier still, if you get a reward chest and don’t open it in let’s say 2 minutes you lose it. No more opening it 30 minutes later or when you log back in.

Idea for AFKers

Posted by: xXxOrcaxXx.9328

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

You shouldn’t be punished for beeing afk, more than getting killed by mobs.
But you shouldn’t get rewards either.
My suggestion: AFK-mode. If you’re doing nothing without AFK-mode, you will get kicked within 5-10 minutes. While in AFK-mode, you wont get rewards, but you’re a low priority target for mobs and you wont get kicked that fast.

Ranger - Guardian - Warrior - Elementalist - Necromancer - Mesmer
EU Elona Reach – Void Sentinels

Idea for AFKers

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

Is there a problem with open world afk? Game formats where it can matter already have an inactivity timer. Do you really care that someone is afk in and event?

I don’t see a problem worth solving here and I wouldn’t want the game to punish players if something happens in real life that requires you to go afk for a few minutes (phone rings, baby wakes up, someone at the door etc.)

Idea for AFKers

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

i suggest scarlet snipes the afkers with a 1 shot kill from up there and debuffs them from getting rezzed and cant use any WP for 30 minutes. and all the rewards the people get on the map wont go to the debuffed players

Idea for AFKers

Kumu Honua.2751

i suggest scarlet snipes the afkers with a 1 shot kill from up there and debuffs them from getting rezzed and cant use any WP for 30 minutes. and all the rewards the people get on the map wont go to the debuffed players

Or maybe you can just live with the fact that there is already something in place to take care of the afkers. They are booted from the game after a certain predetermined amount of time.

Sorry that you do not feel that it is enough. Live with it.

Anet already has the ability to change the time in which that kick takes place. If they felt that it needed to be shorter they can change it.

YOU DO NOT GET TO DECIDE SUCH THINGS.

Idea for AFKers

Posted by: Fasalina.6571

Fasalina.6571

Or you could just permaban them

Idea for AFKers

Kumu Honua.2751

They did nothing that violates the ToS. They went AFK. Something that is permitted in every location at any time.