Idea for account bound harvesting tools

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

I have bought the gemstore harvesting tools for my character. I notice they are now account bound, which is great. I do feel however that having to bank them everytime I switch characters is becoming bothersome and thought of an idea to improve it.

The harvesting tools could have a slot in the wardrobe. Since they are account bound any character can open up his sheet and drag and drop a set tools to his inventory. It would work a bit like applying weapon skins but it wouldn`t require any tokens of currencies since they have already been paid for once. Sometimes I will switch between 3-6 characters and I don`t always have time, or remember to go make room in my bank so I can swap the tools everytime I go to the character login screen.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

It was nice of ANet to change the infinite tools from soul bound to account bound, but I don’t think they’re going to remove all incentives to encourage people to buy more than one set of infinite tools.

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Many of us have purchased multiple harvesting tools for different characters instead of swapping them through the bank which is a bit of a hassle to me.

Two problems with your suggestion.

1. All of us who have multiple versions of the same tool on different characters would get hosed for the gems we spent on each one after the first.
  2. ANet would loose a ton of future sales

If you have 3-6 characters and don’t have time to waste on swapping, just dust off the coin purse and buy more for each of your characters.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

I think account bound was a good compromise.

Did you know if you hop into the PvP lobby there’s a banker there?
And when you leave the game puts you right back where you were (barring instances)?

Hop in, drop of pick
Swap toon, hop in, grab pick, hop out.
Yeah, it’s a few more loading screens but you don’t have to actually take the toon you’re swapping to all the way to a city.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

Many of us have purchased multiple harvesting tools for different characters instead of swapping them through the bank which is a bit of a hassle to me.

Two problems with your suggestion.

1. All of us who have multiple versions of the same tool on different characters would get hosed for the gems we spent on each one after the first.
  2. ANet would loose a ton of future sales

If you have 3-6 characters and don’t have time to waste on swapping, just dust off the coin purse and buy more for each of your characters.

I`m terribly sorry you spent that kind of money multiple sets when you only should have needed one. I think having to pay for bag slots for each character is enough let alone over $30 worth of tools for each character on top of that.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

ANet has already compromised by making them account bound instead of soulbound. People who make these suggestions should remember they are talking about ANet’s income and unless they can make a reasonable explanation as to how this would benefit ANet as well, then this is an idea that’s unlikely to happen. Just saying more will buy is not necessarily the answer as it has to be more that buy for one set to offset the losses of multiple purchases and the refunds that will be asked from people who have bought multiples because they were told they would be limited use.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

I’d have bought a set of infinite tools if I could just spawn infinite copies of them for all 28 of my characters to equip (Also, the Salvage-O-Matic should be able to do this too), but Anet can’t stop huntin’ them whales.

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

I think account bound was a good compromise.

Did you know if you hop into the PvP lobby there’s a banker there?
And when you leave the game puts you right back where you were (barring instances)?

Hop in, drop of pick
Swap toon, hop in, grab pick, hop out.
Yeah, it’s a few more loading screens but you don’t have to actually take the toon you’re swapping to all the way to a city.

When I need to farm ore in the world I park all – yes all – my characters at that particular node and do this trick, but logging out while in the PvP lobby was much easier than having another loading screen.

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”