Idea to increase sales & player base of GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Akyl.8647

Akyl.8647

Here it is.

“Announce GW2 to be coming out soon to PS4”

Now why?. It’s simple many people these days are casual players that would play casual games and GW2 is one of them. Think about all the people who aren’t tech savy and that would like to play a game however they like and the recent updates of Guild Wars 2 to be new player friendly. Allow me to add more reason as to why it should be added in. People these days are mixed between what console games and PC games they should play imagine just imagine people having a choice between destiny and guild wars 2 on the start up of their PS4 these will not only increase players but also increase the sale in the BLTC.

So what do you guys think about it? hate it? love it?

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

I’d say, ‘Good luck with that!’

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Anet has already stated that they aren’t going to do console. They want to focus on being the best pc game that they can, among other assorted reasons they’ve given. Now, sure, that stance could change; however, I don’t see that as being likely anytime in the near future.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Brave Mallyki.1563

Brave Mallyki.1563

Yeah, porting it over to console would drain A LOT of resources that could be better spent on making the PC version better.

Vox Invictus [VOX] – Crystal Desert
PvP Rank – 151 – Dragon
WvW Rank – 1,120 – Silver Colonel

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

I think the idea is good in principle (in that more exposure means more players) but the reality is that porting over a PC game to console isn’t just a wave of a magic wand. If the game was designed with consoles in mind from the start, I don’t think it’d be that bad, but trying to do it 2 years into the game would probably be a nightmare.

Essentially, it would need to be a carefully analyzed marketing decision that guaranteed enough profit from PS4 users to justify the labor costs of porting over the game.

Or words to that effect.

(edited by Labjax.2465)

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

Never say no. Lawyers recommend: Soon™.

Example: GW2 is coming to PS4 – Soon™!

Posted by: KngGilgamesh.3481

KngGilgamesh.3481

The problem that they have stated hasn’t been lack of new players but that many new players leave the game before getting to 80.

Posted by: Rainmaker.7594

Rainmaker.7594

No, please no… they would have to rebuild the engine. Which, would result in a horrible UI and controls (for PC, console would be fine), and much reduced graphics.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Sony and NCSoft on the same project. Dogs and cats living together. Cthulhu for President in 2016. Why settle for the lesser evil?

(edited by IndigoSundown.5419)

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Expansion!!!!!!! Forget the console idea, never going to happen.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

No. Nope. uh uhh.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

We need a version for Commodore c64 .. or Atari ST

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I think it’s too late now, unless there is a large amount of content soon to be released there is not much hope for GW2’s future.

Posted by: aerial.7021

aerial.7021

We need a version for Commodore c64 .. or Atari ST

Well at least your half loyal, but I need one for Amiga, Spectrum 128 and if you have the time Atari 2600.

— but seriously, what your advocating is the company or (a) company lie! we’ve enough lies in government thank you.

Server: Gate of Madness

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

A simplified, downtoned version for the ps4 where three quarters of the profit goes to Sony, no thank you. Requiring me to buy a ps4, no thx. You know how that will end, the pc version will become a simplified port from the ps4 version.

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

new classes

expand wvw

expand pvp

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

No console could handle the specs GW2 requires.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: dellenrules.5134

dellenrules.5134

No console could handle the specs GW2 requires.

Actually they can.
The PS4 and the Xbox One can more than handle this game on High settings. I know this because I play on Medium-High settings using a Macbook Pro that’s 4 years old with no dedicated video card.

I use a keyboard and mouse to play FFXIV on my PS4 and setup is identical to that of a PC. The game developer has to implement that feature though.

The Issue with GW2 on a console is updates. That is why FFXIV never made it to Xbox. Microsoft has a very strict update policy for Xbox. Sony’s is just as strict but not really.

GW2 is constantly sending updates to the game. They only update Windows based platform. Their Mac version is emulated so they only focus on updating one platform. They would have to implement a similar feature like that for that specific console like how they have for the Mac. That cost money. Also they would have to establish an agreement with Sony or Microsoft to circumvent their requirements like Square-Enix did. That also cost money.

The people of ArenaNet have all ready put this out. What i posted is nothing new. A console version is very possible… It is just going to cost money. I wouldn’t mind paying a SMALL subscription fee to play GW2 on a console though, but there are a lot of people who aren’t a fan of subscription fees.

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

They want to focus on being the best pc game that they can, among other assorted reasons they’ve given

- Where did they say they want to be the best pc game?

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

The problem that they have stated hasn’t been lack of new players but that many new players leave the game before getting to 80.

- It’s the name I tell you. They bought it expecting some guild wars and instead they got bunch of repetitive tasks. Nearly every heart quest follows this pattern:

• kill these monsters
  • interact with these objects
  • fetch these trinkets

80 levels can take a couple of weeks to reach. By that time it should be clear what kind of game the player is playing.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

They want to focus on being the best pc game that they can, among other assorted reasons they’ve given

- Where did they say they want to be the best pc game?

Not exactly best PC game, but Mike O’Brien did say they want to be the the best mmo game. Specifically saying he wants to beat WoW.

“We’re in it to win it this time,” said O’Brien. “We were number two to World of Warcraft with Guild Wars, now we want to beat them. We’ll be satisfied when the Guild Wars 2 is the most successful MMO

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2012/04/23/arenanet-founder-mike-obrien-will-be-satisfied-when-guild-wars-2-is-the-most-successful-mmo-period/

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

this game can easily play on xbox 1 or ps4. they handle ff14 easily and that game is graphically superior to GW2. Now, im not sure how PS4 would handle wvw internet wise, but XB1 could handle it

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Drop Living Story
Keep Holiday updates
Start releasing Campaigns (xpacs)
Focus more on WvW/Spvp (huge selling point for many players)
Release new Race/Classes/abilities/weapons
Add mounts (already came this far broom/carpet)
Market the new vision

Create a sub option $10/month that grants XP, Karma, MF, Coin noticeable increases, Bonus gains for pre lvl 50 alts, 200 gems/month, 10% gem store discount, add monthly veteran perks

Something like that, and watch players flood in.

JQ Druid

(edited by Wetpaw.3487)