Ideas for the next Feature Packs!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bolthar.7192

Bolthar.7192

I would like to offer up some ideas for future feature packs. The current feature pack has had some good stuff but thus far been disappointing, especially in the lack of real features. But hey, we have a week left, maybe we’ll get a revamp to the trading post

Anyways, here’s to the future:

(1)Trait Templates
(2)Dye Templates
(3)Trading Post Overhaul (weight and back item filters)
(4)New armor and weapons added to the game (not gem store) from levels 1 to 80(this should be done more often and is much needed)
(5)WvW exclusive armor and weapon set
(6)Dungeon exclusive armor and weapon set
(7)Fractal exclusive armor and weapon set
(8)Vigil/Whispers/Priory Order Reputation, missions, quartermaster with new armor and weapon sets available at different reputation tiers. (these guys need to play more of a part in the every day world!)
(9)Gear sets craftable with unique world boss items
(10)Player Housing

This was fun, I’d love to talk about any of these ideas or hear some of yours.

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

Anyways, here’s to the future:

(1) Don’t hype the community we won’t believe you next time.

Bolthar.7192

(1)A developer did mention interest in having a trait template system in the game a while back (month or two) so hopefully we can expect that. It seems like an obvious staple in a game like this. Honestly, even if the dev didn’t say anything I would expect it. After 2 years I’m sorta surprised it hasn’t made its way into the game already. There is so much potential profit in it for Anet. Give the players 2 or three templates per character then let them buy more templates on the gem store per character if they want more. Same with (2)dye templates.

Posted by: steveway.3167

steveway.3167

(8)Vigil/Whispers/Priory Order Reputation, missions, quartermaster with new armor and weapon sets available at different reputation tiers. (these guys need to play more of a part in the every day world!)

Great Idea, I think the individual orders are very under used. We join them and then run off. It doesn’t feel as though they were really developed. I would love a reputation system to come back, it was used in the first GW (lux/kurz) but got left behind.

(9)Gear sets craftable with unique world boss items

This could be the way to craft new legendary items. Tie them to the mega bosses then add in the scavenger hunt to level them up.

(10)Player Housing

Yes Please! I would love this, but it would need to be functional and not just cosmetic. It would need to give more storage, and maybe something like bonuses.

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

who cares? they already know what they are going to do for the next one.

on the plus side, they chose “Guilds” as their next CDI…..so that may result in good features in subsequent feature packs (a year or 2 from now).

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Bolthar.7192

who cares? they already know what they are going to do for the next one.

on the plus side, they chose “Guilds” as their next CDI…..so that may result in good features in subsequent feature packs (a year or 2 from now).

Well I cares, for one. First of all, it’s fun to put out ideas for features that I think could improve the game. Second, if enough people show interest in something I believe the chance it is implemented is higher than if no one does. I know a lot of people are discouraged by now with the lack of exciting features or improvements in the current feature pack, the absence of Anet voice on the forums and the lack of expected staple features, horizontal progression and all that… but the games not over yet. Besides.. Gamers can be dreamers too

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Here’s my feature list, compiled from both community’s and mine ideas.

20 level 80s and counting.

Bolthar.7192

Here’s my feature list, compiled from both community’s and mine ideas.

WOW, that was an extensive post. Like most who will or have already read that, I agree with a large percent of it. Not all of it, but most of it are excellent QoL features that would make the game 100x more polished. I guess my ideas are less QoL features and more content based, aside from dye and trait templates. I think the game could use content more than QoL at the moment anyways but like I said, most of the listed features on your post would improve the game QUITE a lot. I am impressed.