Ideas of things to add/change in the game

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rozalina.3196

Rozalina.3196

- Make the mystic forge more like the crafting profession stations:
What I mean by this is that when we go to forge something there should be a discovery section which would be what the mystic forge is right now and then a recipe section because the mystic forge does have set recipes. For instance, when I make lodestones in the forge usually I’m not just making one so it would be great to be able to just say I want to make 20 molten lodestones instead of having to keep putting the different stuff in each time.

- Add quantity to merchants
It would be nice to go up to a merchant and if you needed more than one of something that there would be a box we click and type in an amount just like crafting or in the trade post. Of course you can still have the warning saying you’re about to buy such and such amount. That way if a mistake happens we can end up canceling it.

- Add endless gathering tools sections
It would be great if in the hero panel there would be separate sections for endless logging axes, mining picks, and harvesting sickles. Where we could preview what it would look like when we use them and we could pick which one we want to use on each character. If people don’t have endless gathering tools or if they have a regular tool it would be the same as it is now.

- Add a consumable section
Having a spot where we can have foods, utilities, siege, and boosters that all my characters can grab from would be amazing.

- Make scribe a guild craft
I think since scribes are based around the guild they should be a guild craft. What I mean by this is that instead of leveling it up individually it should be something we level up as an entire guild. There would be ranks in the guild for those who can actually make stuff in scribe, but it would be nice if we could do it together instead of putting it all on a couple people. The problem with how it is now is that okay lets say one person in the guild was able to actually max out scribe, but then they end up not playing as much or at all. Then we are left without a scribe.

- Have autoloot in WvW
It would be great if autoloot worked in WvW. So those who were able to get their Pact Commander Masteries should be able to not worry about pushing F for their bags while trying to run away from the massive zerg behind them.

- Recipes should be actually account bound:
I think it would be nice if recipes were actually account bound where it didn’t matter what character you were on when you used a recipe. That way the characters that can use the recipes will be able to without actually having to use the recipes on them. You would also be able to see if you already had a recipe unlocked without being on the character with the craft.

- Make ranger pets account bound:
Rangers are my favorite class so I definitely charmed all the pets. When I was making my other 2 rangers, I was thinking it would be amazing if they would have those pets I already found unlocked instead of having to go out and collect them again especially the new ones like the smokescale or tiger that are only available at certain times.

- Make shared inventory slot more like the bank:
I think the shared inventory slot was a great idea, but what I would do instead of individual spots I would make it more like the bank. What I mean by this is that so there is a spot where you guys could put a shared inventory button next to the wallet in the inventory. You guys could make it so we could buy 5 or 10 or whatever amount of spots you guys think is best then there could be a button at the bottom saying you can get more in the gemstore just like our banks. That would make it so we can put things like the kites/endless tonics/musical instruments or whatever people would like and be able to go there instead of shuffle them to each character.

- Make it so we can dye Weapons and Backpieces:
Something I missed from GW1 is being able to dye weapons and it would be nice to dye backpieces too.

Sorry for the long list these are just some things that have been on my mind for some time and I think they would make life in tyria a whole lot more enjoyable.

(edited by Rozalina.3196)

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

+1 and +1 again for shared recipes. Makes no sense for them to be character-based.

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

re: +1 and +1 again for shared recipes. Makes no sense for them to be character-based. – How does it make sense for a character to suddenly have knowledge that he/she did not learn? Also, some players use crafting to level alts. If recipes were account wide, this would not be possible.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I think the intent is that you learn the recipe once, and then any alt with the right crafting skill can use it. Perhaps discoverable recipes should be an exception, to preserve the discovery xp. But some of the currency-bought ones in DT and HoT cost enormous amounts of effort to get just once, and then you have to alt hop like crazy and do extra out-of-game tracking work to know which alt knows which. And, if you are someone that likes to re-roll (I’m not), you’re stuck with never re-using that slot or repeating all the work to buy a recipe that really, if one of you knows it, you could just write down for a friend (ie alt).

Rozalina.3196

re: +1 and +1 again for shared recipes. Makes no sense for them to be character-based. – How does it make sense for a character to suddenly have knowledge that he/she did not learn? Also, some players use crafting to level alts. If recipes were account wide, this would not be possible.

The whole point to account bound recipes is that any character that you have on your account will be able to use a recipe once it’s unlocked. So, if you are wanting to level up an alt with crafting you can. It just means recipes you’ve gotten out in tyria will be unlocked like the different orichalcum recipes you bought with karma in the past or the pricey ones you bought like the Dwayna backpiece or ones you got as a drop out running around silverwastes not the ones you discovered in the crafting station discovery tab. The ones you discover in the crafting station discovery tab is the ones you’re talking about Elden Arnaas and I understand why you wouldn’t want those account bound, but those aren’t the recipes I’m talking about being account bound.

Posted by: Fuzzylumpkins.1694

Fuzzylumpkins.1694

Having the ability to set an amount when buying things from merchants would definitely be nice.

Posted by: Rush is Right.9723

Rush is Right.9723

I would like to see more stuff for the home instance. Guilds are mostly dead, and I have been burned several times with guilds so I am not joining another one. I would like to work on scribing in the home instance, like a personal guild hall. Right now, I cannot progress at all because I do not have a guild or a hall and I am not planning on getting one. I have my own guild for one player and that’s all I want as I don’t trust others. I am not sure why we can’t have order guild halls where anyone can do scribing like in GW1. This just seems like a waste of space, my home instance because I can’t put stuff into it.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I would add to the MF suggestion that it doesn’t reset on every forge so you can repeat until you don’t have enough of one of the components, similar to normal crafting. Would help promoting mats and upgrade items that normally come in stacks.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Rozalina.3196

I would like to see more stuff for the home instance. Guilds are mostly dead, and I have been burned several times with guilds so I am not joining another one. I would like to work on scribing in the home instance, like a personal guild hall. Right now, I cannot progress at all because I do not have a guild or a hall and I am not planning on getting one. I have my own guild for one player and that’s all I want as I don’t trust others. I am not sure why we can’t have order guild halls where anyone can do scribing like in GW1. This just seems like a waste of space, my home instance because I can’t put stuff into it.

It’s a good idea to have more stuff that people can add to their home instances or even make it so we can personalize it more in the sense that we can put the stuff where we would like. Concerning scribe for home instances that doesn’t make sense because as of now scribes are all about guilds. For instance, they can make decorations for the guild hall or make guild related items like guild banners or siege. Now if we were able to decorate our home instances I could totally see scribe being apart of it.

Posted by: OrbitalButt.5708

OrbitalButt.5708

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE JOHN THE BAPTIST’S IMPERSONATION OF GRAHAM HILL.

A pretty big wheel down at the cracker factory

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

i agree very strongly with ops first 2 points, they would save sooooooooo much hassle

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Rozalina.3196

I would add to the MF suggestion that it doesn’t reset on every forge so you can repeat until you don’t have enough of one of the components, similar to normal crafting. Would help promoting mats and upgrade items that normally come in stacks.

Ya, so it would be just like crafting but for the mystic forge. For instance, there would be the discovery tab where you’d be able to put four items in there just like how the mystic forge is now. So, you would still be able to try for rare items by throwing your greens in the forge, but you will also be able to discover recipes like charged lodestones. When you discover a recipe in the mystic forge it will have a window popup then you would be able to make more of it just like it would for regular crafting. After you discover a recipe it will also be seen in the Production tab where later on you could go straight there and be able to make as many of the item you have the materials for just like how crafting is now but for the mystic forge.

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

I don’t think they need to make it so drastic, all they would have to do, is add a repeat last option. This would make lode stones, mystic clovers and some other things very easy. That or just add a quantity option, so once you add the ingredients, you could tell it make 100 instead of the extra 400 clicks and waits.

Rozalina.3196

I think it would be great if those experience scrolls we get from character birthdays or achievements would stack on top of each other instead of being considered different items. It would also be great if they were more like tomes of knowledge where you can use them to get 20 or 30 levels instead of just letting us get a character to level 20 or 30. I think they would be more useful that way.

Posted by: Claudia De Anar.6304

Claudia De Anar.6304

Some sort of splash damage Mechanic that would apply to Elemental and most Physical damage; when an arrow is blocked it goes somewhere. So every player on the same hex underlying the map would take damage. This would introduce a price to be paid for Player stacking, without just nerfing its advantages. The game was clearly intended to have a dynamic movement based combat system; and it would be nice to see the balance restored in that direction. GW1 had several splash damage skills splinterweapon, chain lightening amoung them, so the model is there to adapt to GW2.

Claudia de Anar: An Equal Oppertunity Massacre.

Rozalina.3196

It would be nice to be able to stack like things together in the guild bank instead of having to take it out, stack them then put them back in.