If Anet can make this possible..

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MASMY.1659

MASMY.1659

If Anet can make item that can reverse or undo Account Bound on Use Item. So i can transfer My legendary item in old account (dont have HoT) to my current account (which is have HoT and Pre PoF). Perhaps Some item in Gem Store?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

That would create a lot of issues.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Start by asking ANet support. I doubt they will choose to make that happen, but if they do, it would be a lot faster than waiting for a major mechanic change.

The problem is: the reason for binding gear is to sink materials and gold from the economy. Allowing people to unbind would defeat that purpose and create an entirely new market, in which people would sell stuff that had been bound.

In other words, hard to imagine ANet would think this is good for the game.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: MASMY.1659

MASMY.1659

Start by asking ANet support. I doubt they will choose to make that happen, but if they do, it would be a lot faster than waiting for a major mechanic change.

The problem is: the reason for binding gear is to sink materials and gold from the economy. Allowing people to unbind would defeat that purpose and create an entirely new market, in which people would sell stuff that had been bound.

ikr, but if the item to undo / reverse the “account bound on use” item is expensive (example 8000gems or 16000gems) people will thinking to spend gem on it right? Only people who Really Really Really Need those wil buy it (i guess). Or Anet can make it available only in certain period of time. (the item must only available for Account bound on Use. Not Account Bound when Acquire.) Atleast there is possible way to resolve the issue or probably someone who “accidentally double click the item to be account bound without their intention”

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

It’s less about gold sinks and more about keeping your items safe. If your account got hacked, the thief could just unbind valuable items and transfer them out of your account.

And it’s highly unlikely customer support would transfer items from 1 account to another, for the same reason: a hacker with enough information about your account could trick CS into making the item transfer.

And there’s no way anybody would pay 8,000 gems to unbind a single item.

There’s something charming about rangers.

(edited by Charrbeque.8729)

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Who in their right mind would pay 100 USD/Euro to unbind a single Account Bound item though? You could practically convert those 8000 Gems to Gold and straight up buy a new Legendary first-gen. weapon instead. Using Gold to acquire 8000 Gems, same story, that’d be more than enough to replace your bound item on your other account. If you accidentally bind something, Customer Support is likely going to help you actually, GW2’s Support is bloody amazing. If you accidentally bound something 2+ years ago, they are unlikely to help you with your “mistake” though, that’d be silly.

If you are willing to spend 8000 to 16000 Gems on unbinding a first-gen. weapon on your old account, then just convert those Gems on your new account and straight up buy it. Problem solved. You’ll have the Legendary on your old account and on your new account.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

legendary I would like to see stay Account Bound incase of account theft .

other wise I will say it would be nice if anet did undo some Account Bound items and make it more easy to toss some stuff you do not want to keep in your bank

no new system upgrades coming

Illconceived Was Na.9781

ikr, but if the item to undo / reverse the “account bound on use” item is expensive (example 8000gems or 16000gems) people will thinking to spend gem on it right? Only people who Really Really Really Need those wil buy it (i guess). Or Anet can make it available only in certain period of time. (the item must only available for Account bound on Use. Not Account Bound when Acquire.) Atleast there is possible way to resolve the issue or probably someone who “accidentally double click the item to be account bound without their intention”

1600 gems is currently about 440 gold, that’s a lot less than most precursors, never mind any legendary.

If you accidentally bind and ask support for help, they can often help out — that’s not the issue in the OP. In that case, the OP wants to move an item from one account to another; that’s an entirely different situation.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

1600 gems is currently about 440 gold, that’s a lot less than most precursors, never mind any legendary.

If you accidentally bind and ask support for help, they can often help out — that’s not the issue in the OP. In that case, the OP wants to move an item from one account to another; that’s an entirely different situation.

You missed a 0 in your calculation so it would be 2200-4400 gold.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You missed a 0 in your calculation so it would be 2200-4400 gold.

Oh, you’re right. OP said 8000-16000 gems, not 800-1600. I didn’t miss the zero in the calculations — I missed the zero before even starting them

In that case, the costs are still low for some bound items, but they are too high for ANet to invest in changing the mechanic. People already balk at paying 2000 gems for various bundles (with 2500-3000 gems worth of contents). I can’t imagine more than a tiny number of people being willing to spend 8000 gems on anything — that’s not enough to make it worth ANet’s time to discuss the feature, let alone design, QA, implement, and support it.

Posted by: Trise.2865

Trise.2865

I agree on filling out a support ticket. That is your best chance, though still a longshot. Ask also if it might be possible to merge your accounts, I’ve heard of such things being possible. Be prepared to prove that you own both accounts.

Also, be prepared for the answer to be “no”. Some things simply can’t be done within the framework of the game without breaking or ruining something.

Sadly, no-one can answer this but ANet Tech Support.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I agree on filling out a support ticket. That is your best chance, though still a longshot. Ask also if it might be possible to merge your accounts, I’ve heard of such things being possible. Be prepared to prove that you own both accounts.

Also, be prepared for the answer to be “no”. Some things simply can’t be done within the framework of the game without breaking or ruining something.

Sadly, no-one can answer this but ANet Tech Support.

They’ve already answered before about merging accounts. It’s not possible.

We have very clear responses when players ask about this subject: We cannot merge accounts. The programming for each account is too complicated to allow us to simply “mash it all together” into one account. What about account-based titles? Access keys? Creation dates? Whose guild and alliance affiliation does the account assume? What PvP name? What about account violations? It truly is not possible to merge accounts.

And moving account bound items from one account to another is also not an option, especially since it’s not a recent mistake. If nothing else, they can’t remove the item from the wardrobe which means both accounts will have that skin.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)