If GW2 suddenly became real life....

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

I’d want to be a norn, I’m only 1.68m irl, so I suppose suddenly being able to reach things from the top shelf without climbing on the counter would be fun…
As for a class… probably warrior or guardian, even though I find mesmer class the most fun to play. I just really like swordfighting. shrugs

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

Posted by: Valdur.3607

Valdur.3607

I would be Human Guardian but would probably end up in jail for kicking Logan’s kitten to oblivion or I could date Queen Jenna and convince her to make Logan’s forget that I kicked his kitten and make him smell Rytlok messy underpants

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Mesmers get to fight with swords too! (And having done some such training myself, there’s certainly quite a few mind-games involved in swordplay, so it fits…)

Chose Mesmer.
Lore wise Mesmers are scary. Every conversation with one is a mind game. Before you know it they have wormed their way into your mind and can do as they please with you.
Need a body guard? I’ll just suggest that you should protect me, after all wouldn’t it be great to show everyone your latest modification to your turrets and rifle?
A few copper short for an inn room? Its on the house.
Find yourself engaged in casual conversation and begin to have a panic attack? HIT THE DECKS, MASS INVISIBILITY I AM OUTTA HERE GOODBYE NERDS.

Mass invisibility? Nah, Decoy is where it’s at – leave’em talking to your clone and they won’t even realise anything has changed until you make your escape.

Human mesmer here – I tend to think like a mesmer regardless of whether I’m actually playing one, so why fight my inner nature?

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Mesmer.

With 3 clones you can enjoy 4 girlfriends at the same time. When you get bored of them, meet with all and the clones, shatter them to inflict daze on the girlfriends and have “diversion” (spanish).

Are you late? Portal fixes it.

Want to cheat in an exam? Decoy solves it.

Feel alone in a party? Create as many clones as you want.

Someone is messing with you? Scare him/her with phantasms.

Climb mountains or get on top of the buildings with blink.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

(edited by Ansau.7326)

Posted by: Nezia.8154

Nezia.8154

I would be a Norn. Because Height is Might! And because I love snow, and hate hot weather.

And I would be an Elementalist. Controlling the elements has always been a fascination of mine.

And I would be a Master Chef because I love to eat.

If you close your mind to new information, you are not being a productive member of the society.
You are the useless log of flesh we have to drag behind us as we move forward.

Posted by: Photonman.6241

Photonman.6241

I’d definitely go Mesmer. And I’d steal things… like, lots of things. I’d set up in a cave somewhere, be super secretive. I’d probably still be poor and antisocial. Come to think of it… I’d basically just be a pirate… Not sure about the race though. Pretty sure I wouldn’t fit in with most of em. I’d probably go human just cause I’d be nervous about my genitals if i chose one of the others. And can I live in Elona? I’d much rather live in Elona.

(I absolutely love this thread btw)

(edited by Photonman.6241)

Posted by: shadowfanatik.5160

shadowfanatik.5160

ok, rule questions,

1. do we get to choose what race we are, if so Charr
2. im assuming magical talent will be in born not something you train to gain so how would the magical professions be sorted out, im assuming we wouldnt really get a choice otherwise there would be a massive amount of certain types of magic users, e.g. necromancers
3. would racial discrimination be more prevalent than what is viewable in game, while it can make for a good aspect of story i think most people would agree, even if we were transported to a fantasy world discrimination based on ones outward appearance sucks e.g. ageism, sexism, racism

Raak Bloodmaw

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

I’d be charr, a freelancer, not belonging to any warband at all. I’d be a ranger/druid and stay in close touch with nature. I’d turn away from the industralised world most charr have taken for granted as their thing. I’d do good deeds, take care of my loved ones and love life! Explore, see new parts of tyra, bond with new creatures! And – I’d defend what stays closest to my heart with true Charr ferocity!

Kima & Co

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Do we pick a races or is it off of where we live/ born or is it off of how we act? I am kind of shocked no one made a “banner” where you do a personalty test to see what GW2 races / class you are more like in real life.

Any way death would be a weird thing you would not really die to losing all your hp all the time i guess some of the time and you would be able to go see your dead loved once when you want to unless they are trying to kill you lol.

I also hope that ele will be able to fly like that one ele from the PS who makes fun of you for not being able to hehe.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

If GW2 suddenly became real life we’d quickly come to regret training those cows to fight.

“Take your dirty hooves off me, you kitten stinky cow!”

“It’s a mad cow! A mad cow!”

The table is a fable.

(edited by Tachenon.5270)

Posted by: TheFool.4589

TheFool.4589

A human theif. I’m kind of built for it in real life and already have two daggers and a legit sword. What would I do in tyria? Explore duh! No more chains holding me down, I could walk around with a sword and no one would question. Like Kirito in Sao said “A single blade can take you anywhere you want to go.” There would also no longer be money issues in the world….I mean whatever you kill drops it! I’d simply love to live in Tyria, bring on the dragons im not afraid!

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I would stumble every few seconds because of lack of stability.

Posted by: allire.3984

allire.3984

Drivers Licenses would be a hopeless mess.

And that’s why we don’t have mounts…

As for me, I’d be a norn ranger with some awesome curves! I’d roam and hunt and tame animals all day. This, or drink a lot of ale. I would also brew the finest ale in Shiverpeaks in my spare time.

This one feels like a flower!..

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

I would either be an asura engineer or ranger. With my faithful golems following me and assisting me with any mundane task.

Posted by: punkinkatt.4823

punkinkatt.4823

If our world were to become Tyria…

Oh, what I could do with this scenario. I have quite an imagination… and it kicks in a lot! lol

First, I’d be my own character, Xev Munroe, human ranger. My pet(s) and I would roam Tyria righting wrongs and extinguishing evil wherever it shows it’s ugly face. With my endless supply of arrows and the strength of my pets we would be unbeatable… even if we do have to waypoint often. I’d fix my gear and return to the scene of my defeat and try again and again until we are victorious. And should our foe turn out to be more than we could handle, I’d simply log out and return, reincarnated, as my Charr thief, Rahjeen Clawmaster. She’s awesome!

Xev Munroe, Human Ranger: “I love my menagerie
of animals. I love them more than I do most
people. Even solo, I am never alone!”

Posted by: Roda.7468

Roda.7468

Mesmer.

Climb mountains or get on top of the buildings with blink.

Not anymore :[

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

I’d have awesome adventures to look forward to with the great friends I have made in my guild!

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

If G2 was reality I would be running to the hospital because of poor frame rate performance since the last patch.

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

With Anet as our government, we would have them to blame for all the high taxes and general all around corruption, and let’s not forget becoming more and more a police state.

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

If G2 was reality I would be running to the hospital because of poor frame rate performance since the last patch.

You mean the same frame rate that got me from 60 to 63 and the next day I bought an Asus Strix GTX and now I get anywhere from 83 to 117. I think you need a new card.
My old one was an Asus GTX 580.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

You mean the same frame rate that got me from 60 to 63 and the next day I bought an Asus Strix GTX and now I get anywhere from 83 to 117. I think you need a new card.
My old one was an Asus GTX 580.

I was getting 50fps with v-sync and characters to medium, now I get 17 everything to minimum. I won’t get a new card because Anet’s engine performance is terrible.

And I’m far from being the only one: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/FPS-DROP-after-Patch/page/10#post4907686

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

All human life would be over as it has died from going down stairs, or a ramp, or kind of funny inclined surface. That and grass can stop bullets.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Posted by: Amnariel.3659

Amnariel.3659

The life itself is hard enough,we don’t need to be harder and filled with bugs.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The first thing I would do is buy soap and start handing it out with strong hints to use it. After almost 3 years in the same set of armor and no bathing, it’s not just warriors that are “aromatic.”

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: ArtemisJade.9068

ArtemisJade.9068

I would probably go with what I have for my main: a charr engineer.

The sheer physical strength of the charr would go a long way to ensuring survival in the brutal world of Tyria, although I would likely spend most of my time building things and showing the Charr and Asura what can be done with the technology they have (i.e. ranged weapons that can shoot more than 50 feet, vehicles, etc).

Then I would work to get all the warriors of the various races to coordinate (seriously, if an epic final world boss can be defeated by 100 or so players with the pitifully short ranged weapons currently in the game, imagine what could be accomplished by several thousand soldiers with modern weaponry, possibly imbued with magic for those foes that are supposedly immune to physical damage).

Once the various issues with the world are sorted out (wiped out undead, dredge, centaurs, branded, etc), I would try to coordinate with others to rebuild Tyria and upgrade the infrastructure to be more in line with modern standards and try to usher in a golden age for Tyria.

Or the races could get bored and decide to start fighting each other since there aren’t external threats to unify them anymore, in which case I would build my own airship and head for parts unknown and explore the rest of the world.

Oh kitten….I was about to shout Lord Aurelius for president until I read the last part and changed my mind. A captain always goes down with his ship.

To survive this world you must be mad as a hatter. Luckily for me, I am positively insane.

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Disclaimer: This is an imaginative post and is not to be taken seriously. Its just for fun.

What if one day….you woke up and the world had suddenly transformed into Tyria?
If the Tyrian Gods gave you a choice what race would you want to live as? Would you choose a profession? If so what one? What would you spend your days doing?

Edit: I didn’t think to add my own response originally….so here it is.

I would be a human elementalist for sure. I would spend my days roaming and playing with my elements ( I love to play with fire <3) I would gather all kinds of things for cooking along the way and would most likely make my home in Divinity’s Reach in some high up tower where I could sit on my perch and people watch or study to further progress my arcane abilities. I would have tea with the Queen on a weekly basis.

My answer depends on the answer to this question:
If we die in this new world, would we be able to resurrect at a way point?

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

I would be a human ranger. Guarding trading caravans near maguuma or support the durmand priority for a little bargain. The rest of life i would hunt and live in my tree house

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

Id be a FLAMBOYANT Male Mesmer, with a lust of the latest fashions, charming, and highly manipulative, oh AND extremely wealthy.

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

Posted by: Nox Lucis.8341

Nox Lucis.8341

I’d probably be dead within the first five minutes. Its a harsh world!

But then I would just have to resurrect you

I think the worst thing about if you were to be stuck in gw2 would be getting rubbed back to life by a bunch of people….

Oh, my…

Posted by: Nox Lucis.8341

Nox Lucis.8341

I would be Charr. After all, Smodur is one of the few leaders worth following in Tyria these days. Also, it would keep the present volume of my body hair an unchanged constant.

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

That means Kasmeer and Marjory would be real – I don’t think I could handle that much adorableness in the world #TheyAreTooCute :-) <3 <3

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: DietPepsi.4371

DietPepsi.4371

I’d be my main Chimie; a Charr Adamant Guard (Military police) of the Iron Legion. Protecting the Black Citadel.

You stand to benefit more from making friends than making enemies.

Also I hate my user ID.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

I´d be surrounded in the office by co-workers lamenting how Excel is too hard, phoning Microsoft all day and asking for a nerf.

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

Mesmer seems like it would be insanely fun/interesting in real life. And I’d be torn between charr and asura.

by the gods no.

Imagine a life or death situation, and you have to rely on the enemy attacking the wrong target or otherwise BAM! you are dead.

It would be like a constant russian roulette.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Imagine this, you as a Necro adventuring in your new world. Suddenly you are attacked! You defend yourself vigorously and your minions…… after standing around awhile considering matters, they leap into action and kill a nearby fence post.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: ArtemisJade.9068

ArtemisJade.9068

Id be a FLAMBOYANT Male Mesmer, with a lust of the latest fashions, charming, and highly manipulative, oh AND extremely wealthy.

This is one of my favorites so far simply because it sounds like a character straight out of a novel.

To survive this world you must be mad as a hatter. Luckily for me, I am positively insane.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Norn, maxed size.

And then I will go to Rata Sum and pet every Asura within reach.

It will be an apetcalypse.

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

This is one of my favorites so far simply because it sounds like a character straight out of a novel.

Haha! Yesssss! And he would be just as flamboyant in the arts of Mesmeric combat as he would be at a Divinity’s Reach Fashion show haha!

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I would have a greater fear of spiders…

lol… yeah, me too. i would go hide somewhere and never come out until all the spiders had been purged. i can deal with everything else.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: uri.6521

uri.6521

I would definetly be my female charr ranger (which is the only character i play for months), because i would be fluffy and furry with a flufy tail and paws and all that stuff. I think i would sit at black citadel or other main city, hugging myself or something like that until i get bored and then i would play with my pets and eat bread (i think charr only eat meat but i dont think we cant eat bread).

And let people pet me if they want to.

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

I would be a ranger, and I would travel the world with my legion of pets that hopefully know how to both attack a target and move at the same time in real life.

That, or I’d be a thief, and run up to every char. I’d pet them and yell out Kitty, then stealth away before I get a claw in the face.

Posted by: Agarner.1840

Agarner.1840

I would be a Norn Warrior and I would have the greatest death wish after my father was killed by a group Jormag’s minions. After my father died I would hunt down every one of Jormag’s minions until they were no more, I would then take down Jormag himself

Posted by: serow.6524

serow.6524

I’d be a human Ranger who protects his small piece of land and family.

Current 80s: Ranger, Mesmer, Guardian, Elementalist, Revenant, Necromancer.
Working on: Engineer

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I’d hop on the first boat headed for Cantha.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: heartless.6803

heartless.6803

I’d be happy, I have nothing going for me in this world. I have nothing going for me in my life and don’t enjoy it. My past mistakes haunt me and never let me go. I have a habit of playing MMO’s to escape this reality which I’ve grown to hate. I would love nothing more then to escape it for good.

Disclaimer: Under no circumstance should you take this seriously.

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

Oddly enough, I’d probably opt to be a Sylvari, even though my main isn’t one at this point in time. I like how they have this oneness with nature and live in a manner that isn’t destructive to their environment (at least, if your name isn’t Scarlet or you aren’t recruited into the Nightmare Court).

As for class, I wouldn’t mind being a druid (ranger specialization) with control over plants and animals to further emphasize that oneness with nature.

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

I’d be happy, I have nothing going for me in this world. I have nothing going for me in my life and don’t enjoy it. My past mistakes haunt me and never let me go. I have a habit of playing MMO’s to escape this reality which I’ve grown to hate. I would love nothing more then to escape it for good.

One thing I have learned is that it’s very unhealthy and, in many ways, dangerous to start substituting an online world for real life. No matter how much you try to lose yourself in that world or into the fantasy of it somehow become your reality, the truth is that this will never be the case. You cannot substitute real life with your dreams or fantasies. You just need to start living your real life to its fullest and make the most of it.

Always treat games as games, and never as something more. It’s simply a form of entertainment, like watching a movie or reading a book. Don’t let it becomes a crutch or a substitute for real life needs.

If you don’t know how to do that or if you’re struggling to a point where you don’t see any hope of recovery, I’d recommend asking for help. Whether it’s professional or personal, just let someone else around you know what you’re going through so they can support you and help you find a solution.

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Problem is; If this game became RL I’d ask my main to marry me but for that I have to be in the game and if I’m in the game he isn’t – so it’s hopeless. Good thing it’s a game.

Posted by: Chuck Norris.4519

Chuck Norris.4519

guild wars is real life tho, just think of other countries as guilds and when they war you got yourself some guild wars. bet kim jong will wish he has aegis when we bomb his short lil kitten

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

With all my alts, I’d have multiple personality disorder of Epic Proportions!!!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.