If Living Story devs

If Living Story devs

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

is only a small part of Anet, then how comes they keep pumping so much good contents every 2 week, very awesome. But on the other hand why old contents are being ignored such as sPvP, fractals, dungeons, puzzle jumping, party system, etc ;/

If Living Story devs

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Some of the stuff you’re seeing in the living story, like the Teq fight, wasn’t designed by the living story team. There are other team’s whos work is funneled into the game through the living story.

And I’m not sure how you can think jumping puzzles are being ignored. We had new one in EB, then we had the whole Zephyr Sanctum, which was like a giant jumping puzzle, and then a month of SAB, which is pretty much just jumping.

Same with dungeons. We’ve had a new one every couple of months even if some are temporary…the new dungeon path however is permanent.

If Living Story devs

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Yeah but you just cherry picked from the list of stuff he mentioned, the rest haven’t really seen updates like he said. The point really was that if life story team is only a small part of ANET then why does it see, like they are the only ones adding things. what are the rest of the teams doing

To date we have only gotten one new real dungeon path, temp life story “dungeons” don’t really count.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

If Living Story devs

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m not sure you’re playing the same game I do. The other teams of done TONS of stuff. New PvP maps, removal of culling in both WvW and PvE, the account wallet, in the coming update the changes to tab and ground targeting, the Ascalon Catacombs revamp, and plenty more…that’s just off the top of my head.

Any one of those projects, in and of itself, were major projects.

And then you have stuff that cycles like SAB and Zephyr Sanctum, plus the holiday events.

Not to mention stuff like Crab Toss, Southsun Survival and Sanctum Sprint.

When you think about the amount of content that has been added in a year…it’s hard to believe someone could say what are the rest of the teams doing and keep a straight face.

They’re working on longer term projects…like the Tequatl battle, the Karka Queen and new dungeon paths.

If Living Story devs

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You have to remember….just because it is delivered through the Living Story update patches, doesn’t mean the Living Story teams created or even worked on the content.

To address a couple that Vayne didn’t: I think the LFG tool might be considered an update to the party system, and CP determined which new fractal will be released very soon. I don’t PvP, so I don’t know a ton about it, but I believe they added/changed some things in there with ranking or leaderboards or something.

So, that would be each and every area the OP brought up.

If Living Story devs

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

If one was to listen to the Forum Ragers, and nobody else, one would think that there’s no hope for this game.

On the other hand, there is a group of people, myself included, that think it’s not as “far gone” as “they” would have you to believe.

The devs have been working their little fingers off giving us new content, fixing old issues (some more slowly than others) and dealing with forum haters. The instances mentioned by the above posters are just some of the improvements…

When one digs deep into the issues that most forum ragers have, we see that the biggest overall theme is “I want it handed to me RIGHT NOW with no effort on my part!!!”

So, even though you might not be happy with what the devs are doing, there are changes that better the game with every update. Unfortunately, there are a vocal few who have to rage that whatever the devs do, it will be wrong.

Level 80 Elementalist

If Living Story devs

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I suspect part of the reason updates to existing content take longer is because it’s harder to do.

To update existing content they have to try and work out what players are actually asking for which is not always easy when a lot of feedback is actually fairly vague, players rarely agree on what they want and when they get it they often change their minds. Look at all the people who complained that dailies were pointless, then complained that they were being forced to grind them as soon as useful rewards were added. Plus you can’t change it too much or you upset all the people who liked it as it was.

Whereas because Living Story content is new people can’t compare it to how it used to be. They might complain about how it could have been, but it’s harder to get attached to a hypothetical version of something you didn’t even know was going to exist until a week ago (most LS updates are announced a week in advance). Plus it’s temporary so even if people don’t like it they can just ignore it, or do the bits they like, and wait for it to go away.

You also have to remember that any changes to existing content are likely to be subtle. If they completely scrap and re-do it then that would be new content. But for example even without playing it I know WvW has had a lot of changes since launch. They limited server transfers to stabilise worlds, added leaderboards, changed how worlds are matched up, added ranks and World XP, they recently re-did part of the map and probably did a lot of other things I’ve forgotten about.

But it doesn’t stand out as much as a whole new area and set of activities, especially when players tend to focus on the Living Story stuff because it will be gone soon.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”