If Trahearne ends up becoming a Mordrem...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Torvic.8256

Torvic.8256

… and you then get promoted from Commander to Marshall of the Pact to start dealing with the Pact’s day-to-day administrative minutiae, who would replace you as Commander of the Pact while still continuing his/her adventuring?

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

One of my ranger pets can take over. Can’t do any worse than he did.

Maybe the pig? I never use that thing.

Posted by: Tifa.6473

Tifa.6473

If he dies I have dibs on his greatsword ????

Tifa
Reaper
Everything she touched crumbled to dust.

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

He won’t. I want to think Anet has a sense of justice (and humor) for all the unwarranted hate he get’s and he not only stays sane, but triumphs gloriously.

Certain folks wanna make BS up about Trahearne? I hope Anet proves this lot “right”, just to spite them.

Posted by: Noa.7490

Noa.7490

I don’t hate Trahearne as much as the voice acting, gawd! what an uninspired and uncharismatic bore!!!

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Wait… you mean Treaherne isn’t a Modrem already? I thought that’s why he had infiltrated the PACT and was sabotaging it from within with his poor leadership.

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i hope traherne doesn’t die. i love to hate him, and you can’t speak ill of dead salad, so… i hope instead he does something more stupid so i can hate him more

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

He won’t. I want to think Anet has a sense of justice (and humor) for all the unwarranted hate he get’s and he not only stays sane, but triumphs gloriously.

Certain folks wanna make BS up about Trahearne? I hope Anet proves this lot “right”, just to spite them.

I personally hope he DOES turn into a mordrem, and ANett makes it a ruthless nut-punch to the player by making it clear that mordy got to him because of his insecurities and making him think that nobody liked him and we resented him for being the pact leader.

“this guy is a mordrem now and it’s YOUR fault, not as characters, as players.”

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I personally hope he DOES turn into a mordrem, and ANett makes it a ruthless nut-punch to the player by making it clear that mordy got to him because of his insecurities and making him think that nobody liked him and we resented him for being the pact leader.

… would still be dancing in the streets, celebrations in every city and Quaggan children running around with Trahearne shaped ballons

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

I like Trahearne, his voice acting isn’t bad at all really, it is the sound “bite” creator cutting and pasting several pieces into each other that made it a mess.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

If he does it’ll be pinata day with everyone lining up to see if he’s full of candy.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I can’t decide what I want them to do with Trahearne.

I don’t hate him the way some people seem to, but I do think there could be some very interesting story potential if he turned against us. Particularly since some people have speculated already that he was always working for Moredremoth and simply trying to get Zhaitan (and possibly the other dragons) out of the way. It would be interesting to see some of the NPCs, particularly Pact soldiers, explore that line of thinking.

It would also be interesting to fight him. But I’m not sure if I’d like it to end with killing him or breaking him free.

On the other hand, given the number of threads like this I’ve seen it might be a bit too predictable to really have any impact. For a lot of people it might actually be more surprising if he’s not been corrupted.

It might also be a bit too similar to Price Rurik’s storyline in Prophecies. (Yes that’s a mild spoiler, but it was 10 years ago, if you haven’t at least read the plot by now you probably don’t care.) And in general terms friend turned enemy (turned friend again?) is a very easy story to do badly and then it just comes across as awkward. Coupled with the voice acting that could be even worse.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

I’d like to see him become a Mordrem and then we have to put him on the altar in Arah to redeem him or something. Would actually like to see a Sylvari personal story where you are corrupted and become a Mordrem and Destiny’s Edge (1.0 or 2.0) captures you to save you by using the same ritual we used to restore the undead chicken.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

My character needs a new desk for her home instance.

I think Trahearne would fit nicely. Just some cutting here, some abrading there, perfect.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Nah, I want to fight him too but instead of killing him, we should get to chop off his head, plant it in a pot to keep it alive, and keep him around for witty banter.

“Got any advice on how to kill Mordremoth, Trehearne?”
“Well, when I was marshal—”
“Shut up, Trehearne.”

Posted by: Ragnar.1546

Ragnar.1546

Maybe with any luck they will turn all the Sylvari to plant zombies and they will change their voices to something… Less annoying.

I would replace him with broccoli stuck to a potato, no one would tell the difference.

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

It all doesn’t matter! The only thing that is important: If Trahearne becomes a modrem, than Anet has to let us kill im over and over again! Killing Trahearne for eternity would be the most awesome feature HoT could implement!

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Posted by: AWACS.6537

AWACS.6537

The story is probably already set in stone, but it would be interesting if we could duel him. And maybe during the duel, he wouldn’t be a complete punk and die instantly like he does in the personal story every time he fights a rat or stray bunny, or anything else that can move.

I think I saw him die to a rock, once.

I would pay for the ability to test my finishers on him.

No.

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

I’ll throw toilet paper at him while saying “booo”

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Trahearne really stepped up in quality in LS2 but its fashionable to hate him so people’s opinions won’t change.

His voice actor is dull however.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

… and you then get promoted from Commander to Marshall of the Pact to start dealing with the Pact’s day-to-day administrative minutiae, who would replace you as Commander of the Pact while still continuing his/her adventuring?

My other account.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

… would still be dancing in the streets, celebrations in every city and Quaggan children running around with Trahearne shaped ballons

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Will be be corrupted? Yes.
Will we kill him? No. Somehow we’ll free him and he’ll be fine

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

I hope this happen. I really, really want to kill him.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I liked Zojja, Agent Zrii, Agent Batanga, and Tybalt as characters.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

If he is becomes a Mordrem….

The bad news is, he’ll pass on everything he knows

The good news is, he’ll pass on everything he knows… And bore every Mordrem to death within a 200 kilometer radius. If he gets to Mordremoth first it’s a clear one shot kill as soon as he starts talking.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

They already went down that road with Prince Rurik. They wouldn’t be dumb enough to do that a second time.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

They already went down that road with Prince Rurik. They wouldn’t be dumb enough to do that a second time.

Actually, I liked that part. Not the prince dying, no. But at least I felt something when it happened, and not everything was “happy go lucky everyone lives”. Knowing that no one is safe adds better tension to stories, hence why Game of Thrones has been so successful (unless you read the books).

But I already know Anet will take the safe route here, since I remember Arah story where for a second I thought they had the stomach to kill Logan, only for him to survive. It left a bitter taste in my mouth almost as bad as the last fight.

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

I dont care… make it my fault, mordrems fault, the pacts fault… as long as a LARGE sword goes DEEP in his CHEST I would still sleep well at night. We arent talking about a live human being here… Where this a real situation, I would simply advocate for his demotion.

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Pls do the Trahearne Puppet Anet.

Pls

Give him an overlord cloak.

And the same smug smile.

And have his voice actor suddenly be animated and manic.

HE WAS CREATED SOLELY FOR FACE HEEL TURN

CANACH CAN TAKE HIS PLACE.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Easy. Taimi would take over. She’s about as ill-fitting a leader as Treehearne, so not much would change.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: ElijahFitzroy.5762

ElijahFitzroy.5762

It would be great to fight him as a mordrum but I doubt that he would become one, but even a clone of him would be awesome! Frankly I’ve had a discussion about this topic with a friend that is deeply into lore and because he holds calibolgh (know that’s not spelled right XP) he wouldn’t be able be turned since it is technically a cleansing sword, thus it would cleanse him so long as he has a hold of it, but hey if he looses it maybe the sylvari characters could finally have their awesome sword back!

But yeah I’d like canach as pact leader but I’d still be worried about him seeing as what he said in seeds of truth at the end and is of similar disposition to foaulen

Posted by: Raven.1524

Raven.1524

What if he becomes a mordrem champion?

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

I think baby glint egg could do an awesome job. Even if it isn’t hatched yet it would do much better than him.

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

A stick would do bet…. wait a minute…. nvm.

Torvic.8256

My other account.

I actually hadn’t thought of that. That’d be pretty cool for your main to be the Pact’s Marshall and for your primary alt to be the Pact’s Commander.

Torvic.8256

I liked Zojja, Agent Zrii, Agent Batanga, and Tybalt as characters.

Which one of them would be the most suited to replace your character as Commander if your character was promoted to Marshall?

Torvic.8256

Easy. Taimi would take over. She’s about as ill-fitting a leader as Treehearne, so not much would change.

Why would Taimi take over if your character is actually the one next in line to do so?

Labjax.2465

Why would Taimi take over if your character is actually the one next in line to do so?

Because it would be amusing to watch.

Or words to that effect.

skullmount.1758

Because it would be amusing to watch.

and she’d do a better job. #TaimiForLeadership.
I would rather have Taimi as leader than Trahearne. At the very least, shes very amusing.

Darkhaven server

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Because our char would turn to her and ask her to take over, instead of going to each pact leader in turn and slapping them upside the head and tell them to stop acting like 3 year old children and start working together without insulting each other in a most unprofessional, childish manner.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

I will laugh if they have him save the day just to spite people.

But to be serious the only thing I didn’t like about him was the voice acting otherwise I will be sad if he ends up dieing. Besides, he can deal with all the Pact paper work and leading.
I would rather be out adventuring.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

(edited by Zalani.9827)

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

I’ll never get all the hate for poor Trahearne…
I hope he doesn’t turn evil, we already have Caithe that’s acting strange, so enough plant people with mysterious intentions.

Labjax.2465

I’ll never get all the hate for poor Trahearne…

It’s because he has all the charisma of a dead snail, the personality of a sloth, and the memorability of eye crust.

He is Neo in the Matrix, with the importance of Morpheus.

Or words to that effect.

Dawdler.8521

So you’re saying that Trahearne is Superman Jesus? O.o

Labjax.2465

I’m saying he has the everyman quality of Neo, but because he isn’t the main character, it makes him bland and dull.

Or words to that effect.

Dawdler.8521

I’m saying he has the everyman quality of Neo, but because he isn’t the main character, it makes him bland and dull.

Oh. So he’s just Jesus then. Got it.

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

Hopefully Trahearne turns into a mordrem and ends up killing Logan. Then all will be right.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Actually, I liked that part. Not the prince dying, no. But at least I felt something when it happened, and not everything was “happy go lucky everyone lives”. Knowing that no one is safe adds better tension to stories, hence why Game of Thrones has been so successful (unless you read the books).

But I already know Anet will take the safe route here, since I remember Arah story where for a second I thought they had the stomach to kill Logan, only for him to survive. It left a bitter taste in my mouth almost as bad as the last fight.

In the personal story some good characters like Agent Zott and the mentors die

skullmount.1758

Hopefully Trahearne turns into a mordrem and ends up killing Logan. Then all will be right.

Pretty sure Logan would run away before that could happen.

Darkhaven server