If cmdr shepard came to take over the pact...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AVM.5746

AVM.5746

Would you allow him/her? Or would you stand by Trahearne? Why?

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

What?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

1) who the heck is cmdr shepard?
2) if the plot line puts him in, he’s in. it’s not like we have a choice in the matter
3) I must be really bored to be responding to this thread.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

1) who the heck is cmdr shepard?
2) if the plot line puts him in, he’s in. it’s not like we have a choice in the matter
3) I must be really bored to be responding to this thread.

Mass Effect main character.

To answer the OP, I would not let him/her because that would mean EA has their hand in the game and I currently don’t trust EA with releasing good games. So I would do what I could to show my dislike of the fact that EA has their greedy hands on the game.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

If Commander Shepard showed up in Tyria, he would just sit in the Black Citadel all day and randomly sponsor shops by telling people it’s his favorite place the Citadel.

And then we’ll have a holographic Scarlet explain to us that dragons were created to save us from destroying ourselves with magic by killing us before we can destroy ourselves with magic, then give us the option of committing suicide in a red, blue, or green pillar of light. Meaningful choices!

(edited by Pandaman.4758)

Posted by: Westwater.1095

Westwater.1095

But…the Sylvari female character IS Commander Shepard.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Apparently, I need to play Mass Effect.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Ah yes, “Dragons”… We have dismissed those claims.

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Oh boy tough one I need a minute to think it over. Also which commander Shepard? Which ending did he/she choose? :P Talking about ME3 or from which ME?? Need more information.

Necromancer Main

(edited by Zoso.8279)

Posted by: cupcakesandcatnomz.3924

cupcakesandcatnomz.3924

All engineers are now isaac clarkes!

Pandaman.4758

First two installments of the franchise are excellent, but the third game threw away all the promises they made over the five years of development and Bioware played the “Artistic License” and “You Just Don’t Understand Our Vision” cards in defense.

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

I’m Commander Shepard and this is my favourite thread in the forums ;P

Posted by: Waterseer.7089

Waterseer.7089

Here is my answer to that question:

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Say goodnight, Trahearne.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Darn, and here I thought they were making a Stargate Atlantis reference.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

If Commander Shepard showed up in Tyria, he would just sit in the Black Citadel all day and randomly sponsor shops by telling people it’s his favorite place the Citadel.

Still more useful than Talking Cabbage and Kerrigan wannabe.

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

First two installments of the franchise are excellent, but the third game threw away all the promises they made over the five years of development and Bioware played the “Artistic License” and “You Just Don’t Understand Our Vision” cards in defense.

To be fair, if you get over the fact that the decisions you made through 1 and 2 have no real impact besides a few side missions and cut scenes MS3 is still a pretty awesome game with an epic story and is definitely worth playing.

To answer OPs question. I would cheer on while Shepard beats the crap out of that leafy bag of chlorophyll.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

That would be weird for me.

I use the same basic character design in almost all (western) RPGs. Obviously the class and skills and things will change, but the appearance, personality, playstyle and name is the same.

Which means in my mind my Commander Shepherd is my main GW2 character.

I’m not sure what would happen if two of them met. She met her mutant clone in a text-based RP forum and that went ok eventually, but actually meeting herself would be very confusing.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Pandaman.4758

To be fair, if you get over the fact that the decisions you made through 1 and 2 have no real impact besides a few side missions and cut scenes MS3 is still a pretty awesome game with an epic story and is definitely worth playing.

To answer OPs question. I would cheer on while Shepard beats the crap out of that leafy bag of chlorophyll.

The thing is it wasn’t just the lack of meaningful choices that spoiled the game. ME’s story was 95% epic, but the remaining 5% was so god-awful terrible that it managed to drag the rest of the work down with it. It not only employed a McGuffin, but it pulled a Deus Ex Machina on top of that, then proceeded to retroactively ruin the mystery of the Reapers by revealing their motivation to be completely illogical and contradictory.

I’d go into a long rant about it, but this is the GW2 discussion forums, so instead I’ll just say I hope we’ll never have to divert Pact resources to build a presumed dragon kill-switch based on schematics created through some weird hand-me-down collaboration of hundreds of extinct civilizations that never communicated with each other (much less shared a common language or metric system), and that we have absolutely no idea how it works, what it does, or how to even activate it (but decide to bring it to the final battle anyway); I also hope there will never be a holographic Scarlet that appears at the hour of our defeat to explain that dragons were created to save us from developing magics that will wind up causing our extinction… by preemptively committing genocide on us; additionally I hope said holographic Scarlet never gives us the option to instantly win by committing suicide in a red, blue, or green pillar of light that ultimately just affects what color filter we get for the exact same ending cutscene.

Unlike some other game. >cough<

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

Am I the only one who thought of Colonel Sheppard?

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

Am I the only one who thought of Colonel Sheppard?

nope

Ardenwolfe.8590

Ah. Thanks for the warning. Still, as bored as I am, might as well look into it. Thanks again.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

Commander Shep doesn’t belong there. Gimme Alistair. <3

Ardenwolfe.8590

Mmmm. Alistair.

Gone to Reddit.

CandyHearts.6025

Mmmm. Alistair.

xD

Though I’d follow Varric the most over anyone else. X3

Posted by: MattyjRulz.2840

MattyjRulz.2840

The thing is it wasn’t just the lack of meaningful choices that spoiled the game. ME’s story was 95% epic, but the remaining 5% was so god-awful terrible that it managed to drag the rest of the work down with it. It not only employed a McGuffin, but it pulled a Deus Ex Machina on top of that, then proceeded to retroactively ruin the mystery of the Reapers by revealing their motivation to be completely illogical and contradictory.

I’d go into a long rant about it, but this is the GW2 discussion forums, so instead I’ll just say I hope we’ll never have to divert Pact resources to build a presumed dragon kill-switch based on schematics created through some weird hand-me-down collaboration of hundreds of extinct civilizations that never communicated with each other (much less shared a common language or metric system), and that we have absolutely no idea how it works, what it does, or how to even activate it (but decide to bring it to the final battle anyway); I also hope there will never be a holographic Scarlet that appears at the hour of our defeat to explain that dragons were created to save us from developing magics that will wind up causing our extinction… by preemptively committing genocide on us; additionally I hope said holographic Scarlet never gives us the option to instantly win by committing suicide in a red, blue, or green pillar of light that ultimately just affects what color filter we get for the exact same ending cutscene.

Unlike some other game. >cough<

>:O And now I know how it all ended, nice.

Never finished ME3, played about half way through, wanted more points so I started playing the free iphone/ipad “thing”, a week passed and I realised I stopped playing ME3. Guess I didn’t care that much about it by then and just stopped all together.
I knew I’d find out the ending one day, and here I am.

And honestly, I was never going to touch ME3 again anyway, ME2 was too good.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

John Sheppard ? I would take Jack O’Neill

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

You he bring everyone else with him? Dragons vs reapers

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

So you want a drunk that left his friends because he couldn’t kill a war asset lead the pact? We’re doomed.

EverythingOP

Just a flesh wound.3589

So you want a drunk that left his friends because he couldn’t kill a war asset lead the pact? We’re doomed.

Sounds like he would fit right in with the Destiny’s Edge group.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Darn, and here I thought they were making a Stargate Atlantis reference.

That was my thought as well.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

Pre-EA Bioware yes, post-EA Bioware no.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

I´d wait, being confident he would be hitting on all female (and possibly male) characters for half a year.

Ardenwolfe.8590

But . . . he’s cute.

Gone to Reddit.

CandyHearts.6025

You do realize the story varies, right? o_O

Just a flesh wound.3589

He left his friends in a moment of crisis to run to the woman he loved, and his departure resulted in the death of another and the failure of their mission?

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Kreejaffa.3682

Kreejaffa.3682

John Sheppard ? I would take Jack O’Neill

Why don’t we just get Rodney, Daniel, and Samantha to figure out how to use a stargate/blackhole scenario to wipe out all of the dragons at once. Then no leader is needed at all!

Kreejaffa [Ferguson’s Crossing]
Leader of Looking For Gandalf [LFG]
Worst Commander of Ferguson’s Crossing (Self Proclaimed)

CandyHearts.6025

He left his friends in a moment of crisis to run to the woman he loved, and his departure resulted in the death of another and the failure of their mission?

Are we playing the same game because that’s not how I know Dragon Age Origins Alistair. o.0

Just a flesh wound.3589

Are we playing the same game because that’s not how I know Dragon Age Origins Alistair. o.0

Well, not really. It’s more the storyline for this game. But it sounded like it should fit.

ANet may give it to you.