If no more LS updates until Jan 21...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

Can we have ‘Fractured’ back? The more rng-screwed among us would surely like to grab the extra APs that we weren’t able to queue into.

Especially considering that Anet gave zero communication as to when this event was ending, other than some throw-away flavor text ‘fractal fortnight’

In fact, Anet’s communication in general has been pretty bad regarding dates of LS ending dates. It’s been reaaaaaaaally hit-and-miss.

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

It said fortnight, that means 2 weeks.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Fractured! is the first LS I never 100%‘d. Surprised to see them remove it when the Toxic thingy been around so long. It’s mainly my fault because I get so incredibly bored easily from Fractals and it’s probably the least interesting feature in the game to me but whatever. I also looked all over for the end date and never saw it. I’m actually pretty sick of never seeing end dates listed~ wish they’d add countdowns in achievement window.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

we’re going without an update for a month, I don’t get why they’d remove content that could tide us over in the mean time.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

we’re going without an update for a month, I don’t get why they’d remove content that could tide us over in the mean time.

^ this too. :P

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: blackoil.2673

blackoil.2673

… And when I say that 2-week LS schedule is too fast, people still tell me that it’s perfect.

Yea, yea.

still plenty of time to consider this…we only have 30 more days of the same thing every day over and over

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Boss “Week” was up for two weeks. They’re not always that accurate with the descriptions.

Additionally, the living story forum still contains the “Fractured” subforum, which makes it seem like it should still be active.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

(edited by Guhracie.3419)

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

I don’t think the title of the living story update is “flavor text”. C’mon, fractals have either been 2 or 4 weeks long, with one, maybe 2 exceptions. Also, it’s a bit of the player’s responsibility to find out when a living story is ending, not go “I don’t know what fortnight means, how was I suppose to know it’d only last 2 weeks?”

Guhracie.3419

Boss “Week” was up for two weeks. They’re not always that accurate with the descriptions.

Additionally, the living story forum still contains the “Fractured” subforum, which makes it seem like it should still be active.

Becka, I’m quoting this for you, specifically.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien

Becka Williams.4978

Yes, yes. One time something last longer then is stated. So, naturally, that means that something that’s stated as last 2 weeks might last 3. Or 4. Or 8. Or the rest of time! You just can’t know! I mean, it’s not like Boss Week lasted two weeks, the standard length of time for a mid month addition to the living story, like, oh, say, fractal fortnight. You guys act like this is the first living story update, and there’s literally no way you could’ve possibly have guessed it’d only last 2 weeks, especially since you were never told, despite them saying it’d last two weeks in the title of the update.

Also, it’s a bit of the player’s responsibility to find out when a living story is ending, not go “I don’t know what fortnight means, how was I suppose to know it’d only last 2 weeks?”

as the ‘Fractured’ subforum will show, we desperately tried to ask them as to when it was ending, only to have them give us the ol’ cold shoulder the whole time.

Becka Williams.4978

Also, it’s a bit of the player’s responsibility to find out when a living story is ending, not go “I don’t know what fortnight means, how was I suppose to know it’d only last 2 weeks?”

as the ‘Fractured’ subforum will show, we desperately tried to ask them as to when it was ending, only to have them give us the ol’ cold shoulder the whole time.

It said “fortnight.” Patches are every 2 weeks. Fortnight means two weeks. What more do you want to know? (I will ignore people who reply that boss week was 2 weeks.)

Guhracie.3419

Because sometimes content lasts four weeks. And since this is the end of the year, and there won’t be another patch for another month, it’s not unreasonable to think that they might leave in content to stretch it out and build up some goodwill. Because, due to Boss “Week” there was no guarantee that Fractal “Fortnight” meant anything other than “alliteration!”

-Mike O’Brien

Posted by: Alukah.2063

Alukah.2063

It said “fortnight.” Patches are every 2 weeks. Fortnight means two weeks. What more do you want to know? (I will ignore people who reply that boss week was 2 weeks.)

But boss week was 2 weeks.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

It should be assumed that all living stories will go away after 13 days. Any extra time after that is just a bonus and should not be relied on.

For Boss Week, they specifically stated that the name was just a reference and not how long it was going to last.

Becka Williams.4978

Because sometimes content lasts four weeks. And since this is the end of the year, and there won’t be another patch for another month, it’s not unreasonable to think that they might leave in content to stretch it out and build up some goodwill. Because, due to Boss “Week” there was no guarantee that Fractal “Fortnight” meant anything other than “alliteration!”

You guys act like there was only one living story update that matters, boss week (which lasted 2 weeks anyways) and you ignore all the others, ie, every mid month update, which lasted 2 weeks. You ignore the “fortnight” thing, and dismiss it as if it’s completely meaningless. You talk about no content for a month, when we just got 1 living story update, AND Wintersday. and pretend that there’s enough content in fractured to last another 2 weeks. Oh, and by the way: all the content that was in fractured? Still in fractals. You can keep doing it.

Posted by: Togashi Jack.9531

Togashi Jack.9531

Daily and Monthly categories have a running countdown timer at the top, would it be so difficult for them to implement just such a countdown timer on living story categories as well?

Becka Williams.4978

So, if fractal fortnight had said it was 2 weeks (like it did) and there was a countdown timer, all of you would’ve been perfectly happy with it?

Guhracie.3419

You guys act like there was only one living story update that matters, boss week (which lasted 2 weeks anyways) and you ignore all the others, ie, every mid month update, which lasted 2 weeks. You ignore the “fortnight” thing, and dismiss it as if it’s completely meaningless. You talk about no content for a month, when we just got 1 living story update, AND Wintersday. and pretend that there’s enough content in fractured to last another 2 weeks. Oh, and by the way: all the content that was in fractured? Still in fractals. You can keep doing it.

Yes, I’m aware it’s still there. The meta and associated reward(s) are gone, though.

However, there’s a reason people are uncertain of the timing on these sorts of things: When the aetherblade path was added to TA, it was the first update that month and it only lasted 2 weeks. The next patch, mid-month, lasted a month. There was a great deal of consternation and gnashing of teeth, and people have been asking for clarity on end-times since then. So, yeah, since “Week” in “Boss Week” was totally meaningless, and not ALL mid-month updates have been two-week updates, I absolutely and utterly doubted the veracity of “Fortnight” in the recent patch name. I really have no idea how else to explain this situation to you, if you don’t follow me at this point.

-Mike O’Brien

Becka Williams.4978

I follow you. And I’m done. You guys can agree amongst yourselves that “fortnight” doesn’t mean 2 weeks, and can, in fact, mean any length of time. Have fun!

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Daily and Monthly categories have a running countdown timer at the top, would it be so difficult for them to implement just such a countdown timer on living story categories as well?

The living world is meant to be dynamic. The only reason it lasts 2 weeks is because they can’t create content that fast and the players complain because they’re not able to participate.

If they had unlimited resources, anything could happen. Take the tower of nightmares for example. They could have easily said the players destroyed it only after a few days and progressed it to what it is now.

As it is now, we all know it’s going to end in 2 weeks. The only reason to not have a 2 week timer is to keep up the illusion that it’s dynamic and anything could happen.

I follow you. And I’m done. You guys can agree amongst yourselves that “fortnight” doesn’t mean 2 weeks, and can, in fact, mean any length of time. Have fun!

You seem to be way more upset about this than the people who actually want it back. Which is kinda goofy. I don’t think any of us are upset, we’d just like more to do, for those of us that got our butt kicked by RNG during the 2 week Fractured event.

There is plenty of precedent, in my opinion, of LS events that lasted a month for those who weren’t able to complete them in the original 2-week window. I think it’s a good precedent to set, honestly…before Fractured, I had completed every single LS achievement they threw at me, but there were certainly some times where it took me outside of the original 2-week window, be they terribly grindy ones, or just not being able to reliably get on the computer enough in the 2-week window to fully finish them out.

Now, you add in an RNG component like you get for fractals, and it’s a rough time for just 2 weeks, in my opinion. I can’t tell you how many times I got the jellyfish-ascalon-volcanic-jadesea set. And that’s RNG. It’s not a system I particularly like, but I understand it from a developer’s PoV. I just want adequate time to wade through the RNG, and I figured since we’re not getting anything else in the next month, why not Zoidberg?