If there was no WvW...

If there was no WvW...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jake.1842

Jake.1842

How many servers do you think there would be?

I could be wrong, but it seems that the reason that there are as many servers as their are is because of World vs World and the player cap per map. If there weren’t enough servers, then every server would continuously have queues to get in and it would be incredibly annoying.

So, if there was no WvW and there was only the PvE/sPvP content, do you think there would be a considerably lower number of servers? It’s no secret that PvE is dead for the most part. If there was half the number of servers, zones could feel more populated and not so dead.

So, how many servers do you think they would need? Remembering that they have the overflow system for when maps do become full.

(And by servers, I do mean worlds, not actual physical servers)

EDIT: I should be clearer. The point I was trying to ask was if the fact that there is WvW, has an effect on the number of servers, simply to make WvW not so overpopulated because of the player caps on the maps. If there was only PvE, ignoring “player decrease” would they have had any where near the number of servers? Also about PvE being dead. In Sanctum of Rall, I rarely ever see anyone else in a zone, and most times and soloing every event I come across. Unless it’s a meta-event boss.

Faelinor | Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Jake.1842)

If there was no WvW...

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

Yes there would be fewer server. I would say the population would be cut down by 30% or so, leaving a lot of servers at medium/high.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

If there was no WvW...

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Gee, it was a secret to me. I had no idea PvE was dead!

If there was no WvW...

Posted by: Phaedryn.3698

Phaedryn.3698

If there was no WvW I would have never purchased the game.

If there was no WvW...

Posted by: zTales.4392

zTales.4392

If there was no WvW I probably wouldn’t be playing this game anymore.

Bri Dragonblight – Ranger | Bri Iceblight – Guardian
Northern Shiverpeaks

If there was no WvW...

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Gee, it was a secret to me. I had no idea PvE was dead!

Crud I didn’t know that either. I just spent 2 hours playing PvE this morning. It must have died since then or with the new patch. o_O

The Burninator

If there was no WvW...

Posted by: Soulcatch.7954

Soulcatch.7954

I see these posts about PVE being dead, but I am leveling my 6th alt and I have never seen a “dead” zone. No one has the exact number of people on a server, but I can tell you I see more people per zone in GW2 than I did when leveling alts in WoW. This is on Darkhaven server.

If there was no WvW...

Posted by: Ision.3207

Ision.3207

If there were no WvW …

Elementalists would turn in their dual daggers to the Thief players.

Thief players would use the Ele daggers to commit suicide.

COF1 zerk Warriors would rejoice at the death of the Thieves that pawned them in WvW.

Guardians would smile and say, we are still as useful as we always were.

… and Ranger players would … well, they would still be just Rangers, so what difference does it make.

Colin Johanson to Eurogamer: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.
We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by Ision.3207)

If there was no WvW...

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

If there was no WvW I would have never purchased the game.

Same here. They even have to add new medium sized battlegrounds without castles/sieges just to fight other players for fun and earn honor points. (much bigger than pvp arenas, much less populated and smaller map than wvw)

If there was no WvW...

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

WvW is the only reason i still in gw2, otherwise other game would be my home.

Note: is no that WvW is that good, is just im playing free game whit free contest release every 2 weeks and is nothing to complaint.

WvW need some balance though——

If there were no WvW …
COF1 zerk Warriors would rejoice at the death of the Thieves that pawned them in WvW.

I broke up whit my girlfriend because she call me, your so common as a zerker warrior.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

If there was no WvW...

Posted by: Jake.1842

Jake.1842

I should be clearer. The point I was trying to ask was if the fact that there is WvW, has an effect on the number of servers, simply to make WvW not so overpopulated because of the player caps on the maps. If there was only PvE, ignoring “player decrease” would they have had any where near the number of servers? Also about PvE being dead. In Sanctum of Rall, I rarely ever see anyone else in a zone, and most times and soloing every event I come across. Unless it’s a meta-event boss.

Faelinor | Sanctum of Rall

If there was no WvW...

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

If there were no WvW …
[snip]
Guardians would smile and say, we are still as useful as we always were.
[snip]

And this Guardian could finally say “Hey I completed map exploration!”

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

If there was no WvW...

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

To answer your question OP, my guess is no. They have had full servers at least once already and maybe twice. They had to up the servers population caps fairly recently and many are very high again. The problem is that so many people are in the noob areas doing dailies, dungeons and WvW that the non noob areas have few people playing.

They need underflow servers.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

If there was no WvW...

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

If they had no WVW.. I wouldn’t even care. Don’t really play it much. My laptop has a hard time handling all the zergs.

Fort Aspenwood is not dead on the PVE side either. Always others running around in every zone.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

If there was no WvW...

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Tip. Go guest on a server that is not so WvW stacked for your PvE.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

If there was no WvW...

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

If there was no wvw at least 50% of people currently playing would have left the game already because if you don’t like spvp there’s nothing you could be doing in the passes 10 months.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

If there was no WvW...

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

There’s WvW in this game? Who knew?

Oh yeah, that place I went to get my map completion…I remember it well.

I’m only half kidding. I have spent some time in WvW, but most of my time and most of my guild’s time is spent in PvE.

I always find it interesting how people think because they feel something, others feel the same way. I’d argue there are more PvE players in this game than there are WvW. I could be wrong of course, but let’s look at some facts.

With the exception of one dungeon, there are 4 WvW maps. Of those maps, when a fight breaks out, it’s the main action, so everyone goes to these fights.

In a PvE map, there are 25 of them, plus 8 dungeons and fractals. Plus there’s the Living Story which focuses people in specific zones.

So, if you took all the population of your WvW matches and spread them out over 25 zones and say 9 dungeons, how many people do you think you’d see, OP?

Maybe you should head over to the new Living Story content and see how many people you see. Then we can talk about PvE being dead.