what would you add?
id add fishing

If you could add a profession of your choice

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

what would you add?
id add fishing

Huh… Weird question because profession in GW2 is actually “class” like Necro, Thief, etc, lol. You got me confused…

Posted by: Xotor.7283

Xotor.7283

Anything that uses rifles and pistols as there main weapon choices and not Warriors or Engineers.

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

Warrior have been gutted of their power. They are getting to be absolutely useless in solo play. Everything that looks at them, kill them. Anet needs to give the warrior back the ability to tank. Quit gutting the warriors and nerf the thiefs. That is a class that is OP

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Carpenter.

Imagine all the wood related skills and weapons there there could be.

“Carpenter Guy hits for 982 damage using Planer.”

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Something akin to the GW1 ranger.

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

Idk great sword, wells and energy element for ele. Or a job tied to mounts and/or housing since those are the only remaining features I need to survive. Fishing sounds nice too

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Posted by: knh.9378

knh.9378

gw1 ritualist

revenent wasnt similar in the least

if you mean crafting or gathering, then fishing

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Since the use of the word “profession” seems rather vague in this post, I’ll go with:

Professional Baseball Player

$25 million gold per season, with huge signing and performance bonuses. Sweet! Then they could sell a totally P2W corked bat in the gem store.

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Anything that uses rifles and pistols as there main weapon choices and not Warriors or Engineers.

This isnt something likely to happen because they already have the engineer class. But I can see maybe a class that enchances guns with magic, maybe some kind of occult magic or something, perhaps they can toss symbols on the ground to slow enemies and snipe at max range. But I dont think it would be lore friendly.

Personally id love to see a real battlemage or spellsword class.

Posted by: LoL NooBs.5076

LoL NooBs.5076

nerf the thiefs. That is a class that is OP

I’m sorry but I couldn’t not take this personally. When you say “thiefs”, do you actually mean core thieves or daredevils (you should know by now, there is a good difference). Coz if the latter, I’m with you on that.

If I had to be on-topic, I’d say Crapper. It’d be like Scrapper, but without the Ess. It’d kitten on everything everywhere. The elite ability would be to turn the whole game into a big toilet. Which it already is anyway.

According to my immature name I seem not a big loss for the community.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

The Zephyrite. With dashes and leaps and blinds and stuff. Sort of maybe like, crossing an elementalist with a thief. But probably more support based.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: FrigginPaco.4178

FrigginPaco.4178

Queue chanting Bring back the derv! Bring back the derv!

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

Ritualist love the spirits

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

something that is aware of how effective spears are when you’re not swimming.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

A fixed Guardian profession

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Critter Caller

-Mainhand Warhorn:

1. Call Rabbit: Blow Warhorn calling Rabbits to cling to your target inflicting damage and Torment. Random chance of spawning a Snow Rabbit that inflicts Chill, a Desert Rabbit that inflicts Burning, or a Plague Ridden Rabbit that inflicts Disease which deals damage over time and spreads to nearby target.
  2. Call Deer: Blow Warhorn to call a Deer to trample and knockback enemies. After it’s initial attack; allies can use the Deer as a target dummy.
  3. Call Chickens: Blow Warhorn to call a swarm of Chickens to attack enemies, causing confusion and bleeding.

-Offhand Dagger

1. Kennel Support: Cut open a portal in time and space that leads to the Divinity’s Reach Animal Shelter causing Puppies and Kittens to stampede from it and attack enemies within target radius.
  2. Eat Bacon: Pull a Pig out of a potato sack and sacrifice it for nourishment to heal and grant might to yourself and fear enemies.

-Offhand Scepter

1. Call Frogs: Open a Portal in the Sky that rains Frogs from it that attack enemies in target radius inflicting Slow, Cripple and Weakness.
  2. Call Snakes: Cast a spell at target location that draws Snakes to swarm the area and attack enemies, inflicting Poison. Occasionally Snakes may target and eat Frogs and Rabbits; growing bigger and stronger and targeting larger critters. If it grows large enough to eat a Deer or a Polymorph Moa’d target it then explodes dealing heavy damage and leaving a Poison field.
| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Dervish.

Paragons used spears, but we won’t ever see one

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: Gomoratoad.9867

Gomoratoad.9867

I’d replace scribe with something like Everquest 2’s carpenters. They can craft a ton of furniture for reasonable coin & material costs, and they’re not tied to guildhalls, so the items can be sold/traded/used in personal housing.

If we’re talking about combat professions, some sort of bard class/spec could be interesting.

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Carpenter.

Imagine all the wood related skills and weapons there there could be.

“Carpenter Guy hits for 982 damage using Planer.”

looool thiiiiis.
Table Saw hits you for 5k using Wood Bind Face Smack.
Joiner hits you for 7k bleeding damage using Pinky Grind.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

Posted by: Dyet.8024

Dyet.8024

A true archer. The “ranger” class doesn’t feel like a true archer profession but instead feels like a “park ranger” class constantly having to run pet mechanics. I would like a true archer with no pet, utilizing different shots for situational control. CC through freezing shots and push shots, condition dmg through poison and fire arrows, evade with leap type acrobatics and maybe short stealth for escapes, but I would prefer no stealth in exchange for more dmg. A true archer would be a wet dream.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

A true archer. The “ranger” class doesn’t feel like a true archer profession but instead feels like a “park ranger” class constantly having to run pet mechanics. I would like a true archer with no pet, utilizing different shots for situational control. CC through freezing shots and push shots, condition dmg through poison and fire arrows, evade with leap type acrobatics and maybe short stealth for escapes, but I would prefer no stealth in exchange for more dmg. A true archer would be a wet dream.

I don’t know you but I love you.

What he said.

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

Monks (as in the punchy kind, not priests/clerics), though thieves seem to kind of cover that to some degree already, they just need some kind of fist/punch dagger weapon to go with it.

Posted by: Dyet.8024

Dyet.8024

What he said.

I’m new here, never posted in these forums. I main the ranger currently, it’s exactly what I was hoping it would not be. I was hoping the pet was more novelty than anything, it feels like a key component to good builds and thus not what I am looking for. Leveled a few other classes but haven’t settled on a new main yet.

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

What he said.

Yes. A ranger, not a WoW hunter with a limited pet.
We could drop the pet in GW1 and most did.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.