If you could have 6 people in a party..

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bagel.4598

Bagel.4598

What professions would you take and why? What builds and combos would you utilise?

Let’s assume it’s for challenging PvE content, for example if they released Fractal levels 50 to 100 next Tuesday with all new instabilities and +1 party size.

For fun, pvp feel free to contribute!
What would you experiment with in your 6v6 or GvG matches?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’d take whoever of my friends wanted to go. I love that this game doesn’t require specific professions (even if some do better in some areas).

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

Challenging PvE? I’d take everyone but rangers and engineer lel

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

this is a rediculous and ignorant statement. Rangers and Engineers are both very powerful and useful professions. The ‘problem’ with them is a lack of understanding of how to build/use them properly AND ^^THIS^^ kind of attitude toward them. I have 8 geared 80s and am very fluent with all of the professions in both PvE and I’m r40 in PvP and I love using my Ranger in both dungeons and tPvP and VERY often get props on my toons as well as PMs for what build(s) I’m using and how to be a more effective Ranger. Rangers are absolute beasts and that’s all there is to it. They’re just not ‘warrior easy’ to pick up and play. This is very ironic when I see new people asking what prefession is a good one to start/level/play with and 90% of the time, Ranger is one of the first suggestions. Hmmmmm….weird!?! Ranger is one of the highest dps professions in the game and kit Engis can absolutely wreck dungeons. Fastest, smoothest, and most fun CoF p1 speed clear I’ve ever been a part of was a “LFG Rangers Only” run!

Posted by: Rehk.6574

Rehk.6574

Why stop at 6?

I would love to see 8 people in a party, would LOVE to see content played with 1 of every profession in a group. Content like dungeons that are longer than 10 minute speed runs, where there are sections of the dungeon that really allow each class to step up and say…“NP guys, thats why I’m here!”

Posted by: Sir Isaac The Great.5341

Sir Isaac The Great.5341

this is a rediculous and ignorant statement. Rangers and Engineers are both very powerful and useful professions. The ‘problem’ with them is a lack of understanding of how to build/use them properly AND ^^THIS^^ kind of attitude toward them. I have 8 geared 80s and am very fluent with all of the professions in both PvE and I’m r40 in PvP and I love using my Ranger in both dungeons and tPvP and VERY often get props on my toons as well as PMs for what build(s) I’m using and how to be a more effective Ranger. Rangers are absolute beasts and that’s all there is to it. They’re just not ‘warrior easy’ to pick up and play. This is very ironic when I see new people asking what prefession is a good one to start/level/play with and 90% of the time, Ranger is one of the first suggestions. Hmmmmm….weird!?! Ranger is one of the highest dps professions in the game and kit Engis can absolutely wreck dungeons. Fastest, smoothest, and most fun CoF p1 speed clear I’ve ever been a part of was a “LFG Rangers Only” run!

Rangers can be good..I roll one from time to time as they are fun. The problem with rangers and dungeons for me is….90% of pugs like to roll with a longbow and bear pet (aka bearbow) when most of the dungeons that are ran, we generally stack and in melee range. Also the common pug can’t control their pet correctly as well.

I generally ask for no nec/bearbow when I make a party. 9/10 when I have either in my party the run takes twice as long or gets messed up. Can call me a jerk or whatever but nothing is stopping you from just not joining the group and making your own. Then again when I post no nec/bearbow the 1st people to join the party are exactly that as it shows the lack of reading by the community.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

While I understand why people frown upon Rangers… I don’t see why they hate Engineers as well.

Nice damage with Bombs, Rifle, Grenade, and other tricks. Plus healing turret is amazing, perhaps one of the few VIABLE healing skills in the game.

Though, if an engineer simply spams Pistol or Flamethrower… lol /kick.