If you could recreate the Personal Story...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

how would be your Personal Story for the Game??

Currently the personal Story is divided up in just 3 Story Arcs that work like “Chapters”

- Race Arc
- Order Arc
- Pact Arc

All of them having multiple parts that are working like “Verses” stretching over multiple Character Levels.
———

Me personally I’d change alot in the Personal Storyline and the mechanics around the Personal Story branching the story alot more up, so that every player could slay at the end of the Personal Story Zhaitan in a multitude of different ways and not just all in one and the same lame way within this forced up group battle.
My personal Story would feel much longer as the Verses would come up with more content, that lets the player character not level up so fast as like for now….

My Personal Story for the Main Game would consists of at least 5-6 Arcs with also one final Epilogue Arc that opens up the story for the next personal storyline part that leads to the next dragon…

These would be my 6 Arcs:

• Childhood Arc
    This Arc would explain the early years of a characters life, while being like 12 to 16 years old.
  • Heroic Arc
    This Arc would explain how the Character becomes a well known Hero in his/her homelands and what the character has also done for a while after becoming an adult, sharpening his/her skills ect., earning more and more reputation also towards one of the orders
  • Order Arc
    This Arc explains how the character joins one of the order,s does missions for them and learns slowly more and mroe about the dragons
  • Pact Arc
    This Arc explains the next step about the orders forming a pact, but at this time the pact is still very fragile and needs help of the player character to strengthen the bond over time.

Now the Arcs split up into 3 different paths.

• The Destinies Edge Arc
  • The Relics Arc
  • The Reinforcement Arc

All of these Arcs are a kind of “Preparation” for the final battle

All of these 3 Arcs also split up again now into two different Arcs which are for all ways the same, but differentiate in itself all in regard of your prior Arc Decision.

• The Caladbolg Arc. – This Arc favors more the original Story about the Ritual of Purification, Trahearne and Caladbolg with different personal missions regarding of your choice for the prior Arc Path, where Traherne stays more in the focus and your Character will do the epic work at the end.
  • The Crusader Arc – This Arc favors more the story around your own Character which starts with the epic work more at the beginning leading the troops over various crusades against the dragon, while Trahearne will either shine at the end having his epic moment helping the player out, or die if the player makes a decision that will lead to his death, leaving a bitter taste of demoralization at the final battle and making the battle also harder, as the ritual of purification could not be done first.

Regarfdless of your choices, after this Arc will follow the

• Fall of Zhaitan Arc
    Which leads to the final battle of Zhaitan, that ends in 6 different final battle versions in regard of your Arc Paths you’ve done, where also your choices of your allies, your order, your class ect have an impact on what you have to do in the final battle and who/what will help you all at the end.
  • The Epilogue Arc
    Tells what happens after the Fall of Zhaitan and what your charactre is doing some time after Zhaitan has been killed and how his/her actions lead soon to the next dragon while enjoying for now the created peace in Tyria first for some time.

Something like this I would have liked to see happening within the personal storyline

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

• Kill 50 rats.
  • All of Tyria erupts in joy and awe of my greatness.
  • Women throw themselves at me.
  • In real life.
The Burninator

Orpheal.8263

Level Chart

Childhood Arc
Level 1 to 10

Heroic Arc
Level 11 to 20

Order Arc
Level 21 to 30

Pact Arc
Level 31 to 45

Destinies Edge/ Relics/ Reinforcement Arc
Lvl 46 to 60

Caladbolg/ Crusader Arc
Lvl 61 to 70

Fall of Zhaitan Arc
Lvl 71 to 80

Epilogue Arc
Lvl 80

@ JustTrogdor:

Could you just be a bit more serious, or do you just want to troll ?? or should that be just a joke??? If so, I don’t find it funny..
I want people to discuss here seriously, how they’d like to see the personal story of the game, because alot of people didn’t found it very good, alot complain about Trahearne or in overall about the poor Zhaitan Battle, that could have been designed alot better and so on …
I’d like to know, what people would change about the personal story, if they could change something about it …

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Get rid of Trahearne, replace him with one of your racial heroes from Destiny’s Edge.
Have the personal missions pretty much go like they normally do, have your race hero leave you to the order you chose like normal.

From there have your Order Mentor lead you to Claw (Clawrrrrr) Island still die
The leader of the Order then takes you in as you try to work with the other orders until we reach the moment where the Pact needs to be formed. Since they can’t accept you because you are with an order, out steps your race hero from Destiny’s Edge.

He/she works with you on missions leading to Orr and into it. All the while realizing that if the Orders can work together why not the Destiny’s Edge? Eventually the race hero brings together each of the Orders Masters and declares you pro-tem Marshall since you have been working with all three Orders and have been under the tutelage of your Destiny’s Edge member.

Final battle into Orr, kill off the final champion Eyeball. Rejoice, but then your Racial Hero pulls you to the side and says this only weakened the Dragon. The final fight is in the last dungeon. The last dungeon will NOT include a gunship press ‘2’ fight sequence.

Storyline over, the Edge is rebuilt, the Orders now work as the Pact, you are the second in command while Destiny’s Edge works together to hold the Pact.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Orpheal.8263

So if I understand you correctly, you just would take out only Trahearne basically and replace everythign about him only with the Destinies Edge Group, right Atlas ??

But everything else stays untouched… oh and yeah the final battle getting changed with that gunship, overseen that part xD

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

So if I understand you correctly, you just would take out only Trahearne basically and replace everythign about him only with the Destinies Edge Group, right Atlas ??

But everything else stays untouched… oh and yeah the final battle getting changed with that gunship, overseen that part xD

Yes that’s the gist of it. I really didn’t care much for him since we were told so much about Destiny’s Edge and nearly nothing about him

I have a three post breakdown on my true feelings, or really sad apathy towards him here

The Personal story is basic at best, it scales up in terms of importance, and does give us a (rather unfulfilling) final battle with a Dragon. I didn’t mind it much. Its just he was the point in which I couldn’t understand why they put him in.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I’d fix the final battle against Zhaitan so after he falls from the airship, he pulls Destiny’s Edge and your party into the Mists, to do physical combat with his soul there. You have an epic battle with 3 phases, your Order Mentor from the Personal Story shows up and proceeds to help you kick kitten , etc.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I do like the current arcs. Mostly. I don’t like the end story, especially the Trahearne stuff. He does say you’re his second in command, but in nothing does it show. Everything you do, he takes the glory. Take the battle for Claw Island (the retaking bit). You do all the work, he stands on the battlements and then finally acts as if he did everything himself. Most of that story line made me feel useless (as in, the pact could have done everything without me). And everything you do, he oversees. He never really trusts you with a command.

Posted by: NathanH.1465

NathanH.1465

• The pact don’t “merge”, just work together closely. This way, the pact you joined can still have ‘pact specific missions’ for most of the game.
  • Pact missions are about the same subject (for example: order of whispers infiltrates a castle and report their findings to the vigil. The vigil go kill the enemy inside the castle and give a signal to the ‘Durmand Priory’ when they are finished. When the vigil is done “playing around” The ‘durmand priory’ goes to the castle for some research…)
  • Tybalt doesn’t die (what? He is the ONLY character in the game I actually like :p )
  • The sword Trahearne ends up using is completely for you (if your character can’t use a sword or if you prefer another weapon, the weapon can be ‘altered’ ONCE into another weapon)
  • Trahearne dies in a very painfull (and slow) way on his first very first mission.
  • Since Trahearne is (finally) dead, you actually get all the honor for the work YOU already do.
  • Tybalt ends up being your personal advisor (because he is the ONLY character in the game I actually ended up liking :p )
  • You actually fight zhaitan (instead of just showing him some firework…)

(edited by NathanH.1465)

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

our toon gets angry and fights trahearne for being annoying

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Mostly same things as NathanH above me,except Forgal lives, I liked Forgal

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Starscream.6498

Starscream.6498

I would like for every character you like or start growing on in the story to NOT die (Tybalt, Tonn, Zott).

Then, of course, I would get rid of the emotionless weed that is Trahearne. Both of my wishes would bring significant changes to the story I suppose.

And finally, rework the Zhaitan fight from a fireworks show into an actual fight.

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Scrap the Pact arch. More focus on the Race arc. To account for the added work (5 races vs 1 pact), just split those pact quests up evenly amongst all the races, and perhaps amalgamate some of the Pact missions into the Order missions. Example (numbers are arbitrary): remove 20 Pact missions, give +2 Race missions (10 total), +3 Order missions (16 total) and 4 missions that are basically Pact missions, but more tailored to your order.

This would mean that there would be an equal amount of work involved (same amount of missions), but the more memorable and interesting missions (Race and Order) get more flushed out… and it gets rid of a lot of the Pact nonsense that people don’t like. This would mean that Trahearne plays a smaller part, even if from afar, the ridiculous organization of the Pact forces isn’t stressed as much. Also the organization of the Pact forces would work more like a real military organization with expeditionary forces, rather than a transparent “diversity is great” politically influenced message that overshadows how the disastrously disorganized such a layout would be.

Those couple extra Race specific missions should focus on tying up loose ends. I’m not the most familiar on most of the races personal stories… but the Charr personal stories ends so abruptly you wouldn’t even think that that storyline was being dropped. I don’t know about you guys, but I think Vallus Smokemane (Gladium sire) is orders of magnitude more interesting than Trahearne… after I finished that story mission during the beta, finding out how that story ended up progressing was a somewhat high priority of mine… only to find out that there is nothing more and that storyline simply gets dropped.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

You forgot the final story arc where our hero is bitter over not getting any worthwhile loot for saving Tyria, starts to drink and becomes violent, ending in the death of Trahearne. Fortunetly the Tyrian courts agreed with the hero that Trahearne had clearly tripped over his own clumsy feet and accidentally had his sword showed up his plant kitten .

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Trahearne would die and the entire chain, up to and including the last instance, would be completely soloable. The chain would also feature your character as the main protagonist.

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

personally, i would have greatly preferred just palling around with tybalt as a mid ranking whispers agent than to end up as a lackey to an overgrown asparagus that did very little work but got all of the credit. then again, i also would have liked about 10 levels where each mission was just “slap this member of destiny’s edge upside the head until your hand bleeds”. especially logan gump. (i luv you jennah….. wanna play ping pong?) if there was a mission where i could have stuck him and trahearne into a giant blender, i would reroll thousands of alts just to be able to redo that mission over and over.

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i would keep untoched the race personal story part.
throw in the bin all the rest.
i don’t want to join an order, why should i? i can work alongside with them but i don’t want to join an order i do not relate to them, they do their thing and i do mine. all of the three feel most the same, every mission you get end up in a fight, the only difference is one is more scholar driven (only one mission is about exploring and researching with a very little fight), the other spy centered (only one mission is about infiltration and drinking with pirates with a little more fight) and the oder more honestly battle forged (all of them are combat driven).
they all end up in claw island the same way but with a different death companion and at that point i never yet feel any attachment to the order i was ordered to chose, and than i know trehaerne is asked to lead us all because he didn’t join any order… what??

i would keep some npc from precedent story arc, what the hell happened to quinn my street friend or faren for the human noble origin? why can’t i have them helping me in this?

i don’t have any suggestion though, i’m not a writer, but i found the story too fast paced and some people appear and die in the same mission and you cannot care less about them, making their death really pointless and even predictable.

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

When i did the personal story on my first character my favorite mission was one where you go with a group of npcs and atack lots of undeads with cannons from a bridge, but then you realize that they were allied soldiers and you made a huge mistake by ordering your team to fire on then. In that part i was feeling “Oh god, what a huge mistake my character did, he will be punished by his order’s master (in my case the vigil) and the pact will fall appart”. It was interesting because when my character asked to a npc if he/she saw the soldiers the npc said that he couldn’t see really well because of the smoke or whatever.

So i think it would be better if my character had get expelled from his order and be ashamed by everyone for causing a huge massacre on the allied forces and making the order’s trust on the pact fall appart. So then our character would have to gain their trust back by fighting that eyeball and that mouth with the help of the member of destiny’s edge (in my case Eir) who was the only person still believing in my character’s innocence.

(edited by Casmurro.9046)

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

i would keep some npc from precedent story arc, what the hell happened to quinn my street friend or faren for the human noble origin? why can’t i have them helping me in this?

i’m not really sure about quinn, but faren ends up as a squatter inside the big house in the salma district. he doesn’t say or do anything, he just kinda hangs out inside your couch. sure, it’s pretty weird, but he’s a noble. so he’s not “an creepy stalker”, he’s “an eccentric friend”.

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

I wrote a (as usual) very long rant about it in this topic. But I would effectively change the entire personal storyline, so we have 5 different stories (one for each race), following different structures (instead of always “Chapter 1: Racial Story”, “Chapter 2: Racial Story 2”, “Chapter 3: Order Recruitment” and so on), with different ways to end (everyone would be part of the fight against Zhaitan, but each story would see it from a different point of view). More details in the link.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Currently the personal Story is divided up in just 3 Story Arcs that work like “Chapters”

- Race Arc
- Order Arc
- Pact Arc

That right there is the biggest thing I’d like to change, the neat dividing lines between the parts of the personal story.

Let’s look at a charr’s personal story, for example. The very first arc centers around your choice of legion. During that arc, I’d have each of the three legions’ stories have you run into one of the three Order representatives that you have to work with later. Ash legion runs into the rep from the Order of Whispers, Iron gets Priory, and Blood gets Vigil. They don’t have to steal the show, just show up and show some personality, so that when they show up again later they’re SOMEONE to you.

During the Order arcs, have Trahearne show up some. He’s supposed to have good friends in each order, and have the respect of the leaders, right? Let’s see it, then. That way, he doesn’t just appear out of nowhere later, we already know who he is and we’ve seen some of what he can do. (And please, have him actually DO SOMETHING, even if it’s just provide research!)

During the Pact arcs, have the early arcs come back. Your father returns, or the artifact your father left you is something you can actually put to good use now. Add in an arc where we get to honor the memory of our fallen mentor, as well. Let us feel the weight and importance of our earlier actions now.

Second thing I would fix is Trahearne. He needs more emotion, let the calm act be just that, an act. Let’s see him weep for the loss of his friend, your mentor. And when the Pale Tree shows him his destiny and gives him the sword, have him REFUSE! Have him flee the thought of leading all those people into battle, possibly to their deaths. This leaves it to you to bring the orders together, and get things off to a shaky start. Then, have Trahearne start to poke in around the edges, torn between fear of his destiny and desire to help with the knowledge he has. Let us see him come to terms with his fears, and slowly step into the role, and let US give him the sword that people rally around. And then, when nobody’s around to hear, have him voice his doubts to us, and ask us for advice. He’s a figurehead, immune to dragon corruption and dangerous due to the sword and his knowledge. He knows this, but he accepts it because it’s what works, and we have his back.

Finally, I would remove the dungeon from the end of the story. Make our last mission one where we drive the dragon back to his lair, and make it clear that the Pact WILL go in and end him once and for all. But do NOT make the dungeon a part of the personal story, our personal part ends just before then. (Having never done the final fight, I’ll resist commenting on it.)

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Orpheal.8263

good thoughts palador, I can only totally agree.
Emotions are the key word here, I’ve never seen before such an emotionless story in a ame like in GW2.
Everythign you did in the story once trahearne comes into play, felt so emotionless and non important.
Their was absolutely no feeling when somebody (except your mentor) died, no responses to that..everythign was like, as if that dead was so unimportant, because we will win so or so-mentality xD

darn it..its WAR. I just wat to see more tragedy in it, when somethign truly epic sad stuff happens. I want to see emotions and feel them empatheticly. Things like sorrow, anger, revenge, hate…
Emotions.. things I have always to rember on extrremely good story stelling, when it comes to emotions i like to compare with is the story of Naruto for example.
One story, so extremely full of emotions, what makes the whole story very believable and likeable to the point, that you WANT to know always, how the story goes on because of it being so full of emotions that suck you into the story…

But GW2’s story felt against that more like an emotionless abyss, where you never cared actually about what happens in the game, because nothing in the game really respsosnses to your actions. You see no consequences of your actions, and the emotions in GW2 get presented, like they wouldn’t be there at all.

Your mentor dies and you live further, as if nothing would have happened at all …
This game is missing DRAMA heavily to make its story believable, to make its characters trustworthy and in the end the whole story entertaining to the point, that you have the feeling, that you always want to know ASAP, how the story goes on…

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

I wouldn’t bother creating kiddy personal stories aimed at 10 y olds and just build missions like gw faction

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Saelune.5316

Saelune.5316

Up until the order, the Personal Story is great. You’re the hero, it doesnt try to acknowledge the game is an MMO with other players, and thats how it should be. Yeah, the game is an MMO, but doesnt mean I have to share the spotlight. I dont mind if they had someone as the NPC face, but let him be MY lackey. Let me sit in the big chair and make it seem like Im telling him to speak for me, instead of making the player errand boy. As for Cadalbog, make it something that maybe only appears near the end that the player uses, instead of making it some awesome gift we dont get. Or get rid of it. Its not as hard as people make it seem to glorify the player, you did it for so long before.

Orpheal.8263

What would interest me really is, if it is realyl totally impossible for Anet to redesign the Personal Story as a whole..

I know I know it would mean alot of work, especially due to surely alot of voice stuff beign needed to remake, but I think its not totally impossible for Anet to come up one day with a bigger Update, that changes the Personal Story to a point, where it is much more enjoyable and puts into all characters inventory an item, with that they can reset their personal story and replay the new version.

I’d find something like that woudl be totally awesome and would surely also bring back maybe some players back to GW2 perhaps.
NAet has changed in the last nearly 1 year already so much in this game, so why not also improvign the personal story to the point, how it should be ??

I mean, even in the last official interview with Colin (see the thread here) they seem to be finally aknowledging, that not everything about their personal story went the way howe they wanted to design it, especially about the stuff that basically everybody complains about mostly – Trahearne and the final battle with Zhaitan …

So when they finally somehow see in, that their personal story isn’t the best, what they could have deliverd, don’t you think this wouldn’t be the right chance to to take the personal storyline into a “remake progress” ???

They like to reiterate so many things… please Anet reiterate the personal story ^^

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/New-Interview-with-Johansson/first#post2495613

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

This isn’t really personal story, but I’d love if the Story mode dungeons were mandatory but solo-able.

Posted by: PwnsFroggles.7561

PwnsFroggles.7561

Grey matter arc
Meth cooking arc
Hank v Walt

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Gut what we have, rewrite an actual story into whats left. I won’t go into specifics, just generalizations.

Quite simply, I would remove “personal” from the personal story, and just make it a story that my Character plays a role in, and grows over time.

GW1 did that well. They did not impose upon me a background, a “story”, surprise.. you have a Sister!! joyous reunion, sister disappears forever, etc etc as GW2 does.

I would prefer to write my own characters background, OK? The “decisions” you have us make really.. lead to nothing of consequence and contribute nothing to the bulk of the story. If it is going to be Generic, be generic from the start. Leave the trite, “I always wanted to join the circus” stuff out of it. Joining an order, working my way up, that’s fine, but make it matter beyond what armor I want to buy because ultimately, that’s all it is.

No one would be my “Race Mentor” or declare me the wonder of the shiverpeaks for swatting a level one worm. I wouldn’t need “letters” from a “pal” who can’t even recognize my character in a Living Story instance. Or end up having a “mentor” like Logan the Inept.

Dungeon story line would be separate.. as it is in the game. I wouldn’t need Eir unless I decided to actually care about Destiny’s Edge, which I doubt will ever happen. Involving Destiny’s Edge needs it’s own separate side storyline, instead of them wandering aimlessly through ours. Bringing them to the final conclusion would be a players choice instead of just “happening”

GW2 storyline just feels too trite, too contrived, and far too shallow. As annoying as he was, I felt bad when Rurik died. I haven’t any connection to any GW2 figure like that. Forgal is too fleeting, too trivial to really matter. If he had died farther in.. way farther in, I could have. Your order “mentor” should stay with you till the end, or nearly so, giving both a reason to care about your order, and your Mentor.

As in GW1, a story of an person who stumbles upon an “Adventure”, grows and gains stature and fame, and eventually plays a pivotal role in a major event.

First mission in proph, I went out, saw a big scary band of Charr, and ran like a scared little bunny back to safety to report it. Not very heroic.

First mission as a Norn, I heroically slew the mighty Worm, becoming a Legend, known far and wide throughout the lands as the SLAYER!! …….. really?

At the end of the campaigns in GW1, no matter how many NPCs were involved, no matter Kormir, or Rurik, or Togo, when the crowd cheered and knelt, the fireworks rolled, and the music swelled to the final credit, it was YOU being cheered. In spite of knowing 1000s of players had been there in that spot, it was still pretty awesome. I never tired of that, stayed in that final instance till long into the credits, and always felt a bit of joy, and a bit of sadness.. and a feeling no GW2 story has every given me.

I have played MMOs, and only MMOs for 12 years. I beat Prophecies, no shortcuts, with henchmen only, all the way. When I got to that final instance, when I had done it all, and I just stood there, listening to the music, the theme.. and actually crying.. it was a moment of magic I just had not felt in that 12 years of gaming. The other final instances were much the same..

Bring me back that magic

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

-Remove Trahearne
-Character will be the one to bring the 3 orders together
-Since Character is associated with one of the 3 orders, the new Pact will be “council” led – and the heads are the Destiny’s Edge + character – with equal ranks with each other.
-Make Zhaitan fight more epic. Airship will crash and the pact will fight him on the ground

After the Zhaitan fight – people across Tyria will bow to hero when he/she passes.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Honestly, I’d simply like an ending where there are different outcomes for your personal story. Depending on the choices you make (ala Mass Effect), some, all or none of the following may happen:

1. Trahearne dies
2. Pale Tree dies
3. One particular group suffers tremendous losses due to mismanagement and will resent you (whispers, priory, vigil)
4. _ race helps you achieve your victory (kodan, the bird people, the water butterfly people, skritt, quaggans, hyleks (the race you chose to help/save))
5. Trahearne goes evil (this saying that Trahearne isn’t inherently evil, but possess the potentiality to become evil instead, setting up the next leg of the PS for an expansion or w/e)
6. You win, but credit is stolen from you (explicitly this time), you’re framed for doing something wrong, and people become wary/suspicious of you.
7. DE dies (or members of DE die, depending on various choices and outcomes in the final special instance)

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

I would not go into this topic to re-make the story because it will never happen, I’d rather try to make small follow up for it which could be added through the Living Story without the need of an entire expansion.
Here it is:
- you are invited in Lions arch by your Order telling you to attend an important meeting with the pact.
- at the pact we see Traherne, and all other orders
- Traherne keeps a speech in which he will honor you as the one that needs to get all the credit for killing the dragon and asks everyone to meet in Grove with Mother Tree.
- in Grove, Treharne asks Mother Tree to let him hand you the sword becasue you are worthy of it more then he is.
- the character will accept it and all will agree you are the right owner of the sword.
- your character will ask mother tree if the sword is so powerful can it fulfill one wish and the Mother Tree will agree to test it
- the character will go and stick the sword in the middle of Omphalus Chamber and the whole Tree will tremble and a voice will be heard asking: What is the wish you want to get fulfilled my hero. You are worthy of one wish.
- the character will choose to see his/her mentor alive and the voice will respond: Go there where he has died and stick this sword in the ground.
- Your character will go to Claw island and do as suggested and the whole pa;ce will be surrounded by light and flowers will begin to raise from the rocks and there you will see your mentor wake up. Your character will explain what has happend
- You and your mentor will go to Grove, meet the Mother Tree and bring the sword back.
- The voice will take the sword and transform it in a weapon of your choice

After this your mentor will be added to your home instance and you can always get some Order missions from him/her

Posted by: lunawisp.2378

lunawisp.2378

It’s soloable all the way through till you reach the end then you’re forced to find a team in an area that hardly anybody bothers to go to any more. If you do manage to get some people together, you find that someone else usually gets the glory for the defeat. Fantastic way to end the story…not. I just don’t bother with it any more because that end is just pointless and frustrating.

Found pottering around on Desolation (EU).
lunawisp was my peacebringer on City of Heroes – she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

Orpheal.8263

As nice as this sounds, it would still leave the bitter taste behind of the previous horrible story that could have been designed in many ways and gameplay mechnaics alot better.

You think such changes are impossible, I don’t think something like that is impossible., It’s just only a matter of time and a matter of willingness to improve the game at all in every aspect of what the game is offering to us.

When Anet can redesign other gameplay mechanisms and systems of this gane, what should hold them really off to do so also too for the personal story and improve it into that way, how Anet (as by Colins words) has originally intended to design it, but failed in the execution in the end as it went into the other way cause players had a ttoal different view about the story and the gameplay mechanics, than the developers may have though what we would think about the story and its mechanics.

You know, often something really sounds very cool on paper maybe, but often certain things fail to convert those cool sounding elements also into the game in such a way, that it feels like being 1:1 implemented from paper into the game.
And I think exactly this happened here with GW2.
They had cool ideas for how the story system of GW2 should be unique and individual for all players, but converting those ideas into gameplay mechanisms that work out the way how it was intended how it should work, there at this point they failed.

This is like as if you have a blueprint for creating a Lego Car and while building the car, the end result happens to become a Lego Helicopter, because certain aspects didn’t worked out, like they should have or other aspects were missing within the creation progress. So you’ve to overwork the blueprint and check it, if everything was correct within the creation progress and if theres not something, that could be improved to get to the result, that was intended to end up with originally.

In case of GW2 this means most basically improving the final battle alot, making multiple different battle versions. And putting in multiple storyline branches, that can end up with the player character getting the credits for all his work within the personal story and not just then only, once everything is done after Zhaitan is defeated.

Rewriting a story isn’t hard work. The work here that requires mostly time is only making the voice files for the stuff that npcs are talking/ scenes and adding here n there some new missions and changing certain thigns maybe in the currently existing ones plus adding an item that lets players reset their characters personal story, so that every player can replay it at least once to get the chance to enjoy also with their already existing characters the “new version” of the personal story system.

Naturally the devs are currently doing alot of other things first, like revamping all of the current existign dungeons and are also focused on living stories ect.
But that doesn’t mean that Anet can’t make at any time a little project team, that can work on a remake of the personal story of the main game, before we see the next great part of the personal story being implemented that will lead us to the next dragon in future.

ANet has all the time they need, as the living story basically can be stretched out as long as they want/need it, until we see the main plot of the game being continued.

(edited by Orpheal.8263)