If you want wipes, go to orr.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Seen some post concerned with events in other zones being too easy with the arrival of megaservers, and decided to post these.

Attachments:

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Reminded me of Village of Wren when we were trying to save it in preparation for Lyssa (after the temple falls of course) total wipe and super scaling.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

A few of the NPCs changed to “elite” can hit pretty hard. The Melandru Priest whirlwind attack downing half the group is still one of my favorites though lol.

Maguuma Guardian

Posted by: squallaus.8321

squallaus.8321

You will see more and more wipes like these now that the world bosses are a zerg fest that requires nothing more than spamming #1.

Add to this, the champs is orr are now being farmed to death. You simply don’t get a chance to fight them alone anymore. You will find that wipes like these are because those people are not attuned to their toons well enough yet and is in need to further experimenting with different builds.

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Those risen corrupters have been nasty very long time (since anet killed orr even’t farming if i remember right). Did they buff those even more?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

In the weeks to come as new players get to 80 this will only get worse, due to the difficulty of getting traits unlocked. More casual players will be unlikely to actively hunt for all the traits, will lack the gold and SPs to unlock all traits required, and will have a problem making a coherent build with the traits they do have.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

Nowadays doing Chan is such a pain in the kitten.

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Those risen corrupters have been nasty very long time (since anet killed orr even’t farming if i remember right). Did they buff those even more?

They seem to be the same to me, they’re deadly enough though. I haven’t been able to notice any tells they give off before pulling because of the chaos, and if you don’t have a stun break and dodge ready when you’re pulled, you’re going to die pretty much.

The Champion Risen Wraiths are pretty much invincible mainly because a lot of people don’t know enough to get away from them when they rise up in the air, so they just end up regening back to full health every time. (also jofast is a small area, so there is little place to run, unless you go outside, but then you leave the supplies unprotected.)

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Galen.9042

Galen.9042

You will find that wipes like these are because those people are not attuned to their toons well enough yet and is in need to further experimenting with different builds.

It’s not that people don’t know how to play their classes. It’s that many players simply haven’t encountered these mechanics before.

The Champion Risen Wraiths are a prime example of this. We had two spawn at the same time at Jorfast yesterday. Wiped the entire zerg, and there would have been a good 30+ people there. A commander told everyone to spam interrupts when they start their drain life attack, and when we rallied we managed to take them down, admittedly by pulling them apart.

People aren’t used to a mob with Defiance needing interrupts. They also aren’t used to a very damaging attack that isn’t a red circle, but rather gradual yet constant damage. Many players go down against these mobs not having the faintest idea what killed them, because it’s not that obvious.

It doesn’t help that some of the Orr champs also have difficult to read attacks. The Champ Megalodon is a prime example. Animation wise, possibly because he’s so huge, it’s difficult to tell when he’s using his “Yeah you can just die now” attack, and it’s over so quickly you need to know it’s coming. Captain Rotbeard also has his kitten circles of death that require you to have quite good reflexes to get away. The Risen Gladiator has them too. Mind you, they’re only major issues when he casts them in the same place in quick succession, because that defeats any players caught in them.

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Champ Wraiths are the worst. Everyone has to stack and spam interrupts on their AoE life stealing skill. Most of the time people don’t, so it’s a wipe.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Reminded me of Village of Wren when we were trying to save it in preparation for Lyssa (after the temple falls of course) total wipe and super scaling.

Two Veteran Risen Subjugators spawned on us in this event. Being the huge pile of bugs that they are combined with super scaling, they then proceeded to suck the life from over 20 players simultaneously until they were all dead.

I kept telling everyone to interrupt, but no one could figure out what to do.
(This attack has no player cap, never ends until interrupted, and has no distance limit.)

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/