Zerker nerfed, allow us to swap asc gear

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

It’s not a false dichotomy. You simply read and interpreted the question differently than the way I intended.

I was asking if he blamed it on either thing.

Its a yes or no question.

Not that he had to choose one or the other.

It is, by definition, a false dichotomy. It is also not a yes or no question, since neither answer would resolve the dichotomy.

However, I can say…

Do you blame this on people doing maximum possible damage or poor enemy AI?

No.

Please understand: I’m not saying the argument in the OP is invalid, or that I even disagree with it, just that this particular question literally does not make sense — and indeed, it actually derails your own thread.

Thank you, Mr. Dictionary I know what a false dichotomy is.
EX.
Did you take a shower or brush your teeth this morning?

No.

Do you get anything crazy like anchovies or pinapple on your pizza?

No.

(edited by TheBlackLeech.9360)

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

that’s how precision and crit damage downscaling always worked. therefor i find this thread misinforming. it was very obvious in low level dungeons like ac. tho despite horrible crit dmg scaling it still have slight damage advantage over knights and PVT stats, at expense of defensive stats, which are irrelevant (unless you lag, or have other problems actively mitigating damage)

If I have 1,000 base dmg and +100% crit in Orr against a foe that has 100,000 health
It will take 50 strikes to defeat the foe.

Divide everything by 10

I have 100 base dmg and 10% crit in a low level area… against a foe that has 10,000 health…

It will take 90 strikes to defeat the foe.

And thats assuming you are going to crit 100% of the time in both cases…. which WILL NOT HAPPEN because guess what?

Your precision (crit chance) gets hit too.

well its true, except the hp part. lets say some veteran in orr haz ~100k heal and you need 2-3 skill rotations to kill it

in lower level areas you will kill veteran without even completing one full skill rotation

therefor that theory is incorrect

if we take soloing champions into consideration, then difference is even greater. in orr you would need to dance around it for few minutes, while in starter areas its a lot faster

kill all ze thingz

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

(Never mind. Good luck!)

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

TheBlackLeech.9360

that’s how precision and crit damage downscaling always worked. therefor i find this thread misinforming. it was very obvious in low level dungeons like ac. tho despite horrible crit dmg scaling it still have slight damage advantage over knights and PVT stats, at expense of defensive stats, which are irrelevant (unless you lag, or have other problems actively mitigating damage)

If I have 1,000 base dmg and +100% crit in Orr against a foe that has 100,000 health
It will take 50 strikes to defeat the foe.

Divide everything by 10

I have 100 base dmg and 10% crit in a low level area… against a foe that has 10,000 health…

It will take 90 strikes to defeat the foe.

And thats assuming you are going to crit 100% of the time in both cases…. which WILL NOT HAPPEN because guess what?

Your precision (crit chance) gets hit too.

well its true, except the hp part. lets say some veteran in orr haz ~100k heal and you need 2-3 skill rotations to kill it

in lower level areas you will kill veteran without even completing one full skill rotation

therefor that theory is incorrect

if we take soloing champions into consideration, then difference is even greater. in orr you would need to dance around it for few minutes, while in starter areas its a lot faster

What you fail to understand is that in the low level zones everything has an acceptable amount of health…. almost too low.

Also…. someone in PVT gear will kill something JUST AS FAST in a low level zone as a Zerker.

When you are in a high level zone its the exact opposite…. everything’s hp is overinflated and way too much.

The glass cannon finally takes effect, and you can really notice the difference between PVT and zerker.

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

My suggestion for ending zerker meta: Turn DD into DOT stacking quasi-conditions (a few different types, with criticals getting completely separate stacks). Too many zerkers with too high crit rate, you’re filling up all your critical stacks and the extra zerkers are useless. So, you want a mix of non-critical, critical, and old-school condi dmg.

But if there was more to surviving an encounter than DPS and dodging, that would go a long way toward fixing things. And I don’t mean cute mechanics that are accessible to any class, I mean aspects where build introduces pros and cons.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

Posted by: Agnima.3714

Agnima.3714

Just change the mob AI for trash and bosses from aggroing those with toughness or sticking to one player for the majority of an encounter to actually targeting other players often and people will build in more survivability. Biggest thing I see in dungeons or out around champ trains is the mobs will pick only 1 or 2 players to target and ignore the other 20+ players. I run with a berserker/knights mix gear for most things and mobs tend to target me over anyone else in dungeons. If not me then its the toughness built guardian.

If damage was more spread around evenly instead of singled out then people would probably run more defensively. But honestly who the hell wants damage to be nerfed down to near nothing for everyone? The longer it takes to kill trash and bosses the more boring the game would be. If damage was to be nerfed then mob health would need to be as well and all those traits and sigils/runes that are reliant on crits would need to be changed into on hit chance procs.

Nobody wants to take an eternity killing trash and 5 man bosses which is why so many people run with gear that boosts damage instead of survivability. If they just nerfed damage into the ground without fixing anything else they would lose a lot of players since it would break the game in many ways.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Bad people wearing PVT will still die.

No they won’t

Sorry, what exactly did I just witness?

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

No they won’t

That characters in defensive armor can take on and overcome some of the toughest content without dodging at all.

I take it as a good case that bosses could dish high volumes of unavoidable damage and skillful, well prepared players would still get the job done. They just wouldn’t be wearing pointy-glass to do that particular encounter.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

No they won’t

That characters in defensive armor can take on and overcome some of the toughest content without dodging at all.

I take it as a good case that bosses could dish high volumes of unavoidable damage and skillful, well prepared players would still get the job done. They just wouldn’t be wearing pointy-glass to do that particular encounter.

No, no, I got that part. I could see the end result.

I just don’t get what this is, how they did it, and so on. I’ve never done any of Arah except the storyline.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Saulius.8430

What you fail to understand is that in the low level zones everything has an acceptable amount of health…. almost too low.

Also…. someone in PVT gear will kill something JUST AS FAST in a low level zone as a Zerker.

When you are in a high level zone its the exact opposite…. everything’s hp is overinflated and way too much.

The glass cannon finally takes effect, and you can really notice the difference between PVT and zerker.

i find your reply rude, as i haven’t failed at comprehending anything

and seems we are talking about different ‘low level’ zones. at lvl2 zone crit chance and damage bonus will probably be close to zero. but hey, you can onehit everything there if you main gear/trait stat is power
in e.g. ascalonian catacombs at 35lvl, it will be slightly higher and zerker would deal more damage because of higher crit chance compared to PVT, also crit damage bonus will grant very small overall damage too

if you solo elites in ac, it won’t be as fast in PVT as in zerker. ac is low level zone for me. so from my point of view your statement about speed is incorrect

kill all ze thingz

Posted by: SnicerTenu.4321

SnicerTenu.4321

Didn’t you guys hear? Crits are out and Conditions are in.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Hmm? I have a ~97% crit chance in 80 Dungeons & Fractals with full buffs (no Spotter from Ranger), but in AC/CM I’m overcapped (I hit 104%) even without food.

Tell me again how Precision gets scaled down.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

The intent of the creators was to show how dumb this gameplay is, not how skillful.

Saulius.8430

Hmm? I have a ~97% crit chance in 80 Dungeons & Fractals with full buffs (no Spotter from Ranger), but in AC/CM I’m overcapped (I hit 104%) even without food.

warrior signet buildzor, with precision for each? afaik something there don’t get downscaled, therefor OP in low level zones

kill all ze thingz

haviz.1340

Why boon duration, condition duration and magic find aren’t scaled down as well? Any ideas? You shouldn’t need boon duration because you are already strong enough and you shouldn’t need condition duration because that would be an overkill.

If critical damage scaled down is okay, why does banner of discipline isn’t scaled down and always give you 15% which in dungeons like AC is more than you have with full zerker gear and traits?

Your base critical chance gets scaled down (50%→32% in OP case) but additional buffs give you much more, for instance signet of fury gives around 20% of crit chance at lower levels while 8% at level 80.

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

Somewhat unrelated here…. They could remove the stats on gear altogether promoting the use of more telegraphs of all shapes and sizes or having more complex engagements that no longer use “stacking” or “one shots” as a solution any more unless you’re standing in the fire. Gear should be nothing more but aesthetically appealing with an armour bonus attached.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Flissy.4093

warrior signet buildzor, with precision for each? afaik something there don’t get downscaled, therefor OP in low level zones

No, no deepstrike. And I believe it was changed so the precision from the trait scales with your level.

Light Up the Darkness

TheBlackLeech.9360

i find your reply rude, as i haven’t failed at comprehending anything

and seems we are talking about different ‘low level’ zones. at lvl2 zone crit chance and damage bonus will probably be close to zero. but hey, you can onehit everything there if you main gear/trait stat is power
in e.g. ascalonian catacombs at 35lvl, it will be slightly higher and zerker would deal more damage because of higher crit chance compared to PVT, also crit damage bonus will grant very small overall damage too

if you solo elites in ac, it won’t be as fast in PVT as in zerker. ac is low level zone for me. so from my point of view your statement about speed is incorrect

Yes…. but zerkers are still getting hit twice unfairly by the downscale again…. what part of that is going over your head?

My crit dmg % is a little over 1/4th of what it would be in a lvl 80 zone…. on top of my base damage being cut in half.

and then on top of THAT my crits are only happening half as often.

…and again the lower you are the more you are the same…. the less you are downscaled the more you will notice a difference.

But that does not mean its still fair to penalize zerk players.

(edited by TheBlackLeech.9360)

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

But does it actually matter much in the grand scheme of things? Is anyone seriously hampered by returning to a lower level area when they’re level 80 zerker? I am asking that question completely genuinely. If you can still one-shot most things, then why does it matter what your crit damage/crit chance/power is? It’s still easier and faster than a high level zone, and since the build relies on dodging and damage mitigation anyway, dodging and damage mitigation doesn’t change from zone to zone. So what does it matter?

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Low level zones aren’t visited except for queensdale champ farm, where you don’t even require high damage.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

haviz.1340

But does it actually matter much in the grand scheme of things? Is anyone seriously hampered by returning to a lower level area when they’re level 80 zerker? I am asking that question completely genuinely. If you can still one-shot most things, then why does it matter what your crit damage/crit chance/power is? It’s still easier and faster than a high level zone, and since the build relies on dodging and damage mitigation anyway, dodging and damage mitigation doesn’t change from zone to zone. So what does it matter?

Because some of the dungeons are done by being downscaled unfairly?

CrossedHorse.4261

Because some of the dungeons are done by being downscaled unfairly?

Done? As in people are exploiting this, or the dungeons are too difficult because of this downscaling? Sorry for my ignorance – I don’t really run dungeons, so I don’t know about this issue.

haviz.1340

Done? As in people are exploiting this, or the dungeons are too difficult because of this downscaling? Sorry for my ignorance – I don’t really run dungeons, so I don’t know about this issue.

Critical damage is downscaled unfairly while at the same time boon duration and condition duration are not downscaled at all. Someone with gear like valkyrie’s has almost no critical damage while someone with soldier’s has bonus toughness instead.

CrossedHorse.4261

Critical damage is downscaled unfairly while at the same time boon duration and condition duration are not downscaled at all. Someone with gear like valkyrie’s has almost no critical damage while someone with soldier’s has bonus toughness instead.

Maybe they felt that boons and conditions were already limited enough. I mean, some boons are already so low – what’s the point of having, say, 2 stacks of might for 2 seconds lowered to one stack for one second? Might as well just remove the boon altogether. And conditions are, frankly, limited everywhere. The damage from them will be lowered (I’m pretty sure of this, since I play a Necro as a main), so it pans out to me. The main difference seems to be that in lower levels, you can already do condition damage and have boons, but you don’t have crit damage/crit chance additions to your spekittenil higher levels. So whereas people with the others simply return to how they were at that lower level (with a slight boost due to being in higher gear etc, naturally), anyone with crit damage/chance increased would have a distinct advantage to keep it the same. So, actually, this is an attempt to balance the game, not unfairly disadvantage berserkers.

haviz.1340

Maybe they felt that boons and conditions were already limited enough. I mean, some boons are already so low – what’s the point of having, say, 2 stacks of might for 2 seconds lowered to one stack for one second? Might as well just remove the boon altogether. And conditions are, frankly, limited everywhere. The damage from them will be lowered (I’m pretty sure of this, since I play a Necro as a main), so it pans out to me. The main difference seems to be that in lower levels, you can already do condition damage and have boons, but you don’t have crit damage/crit chance additions to your spekittenil higher levels. So whereas people with the others simply return to how they were at that lower level (with a slight boost due to being in higher gear etc, naturally), anyone with crit damage/chance increased would have a distinct advantage to keep it the same. So, actually, this is an attempt to balance the game, not unfairly disadvantage berserkers.

I meant bonus boon duration and bonus condition duration, those two statistics you have in your hero panel. They don’t downscale at all yet even agony resistance does and there’s no point in that.

Condition damage is very strong at lower levels which was easily seen when someone made a contest to kill champion moose or whatever in dredgehaunt cliffs. Condition damage dealers were getting better kill times with less effort spend thus condition damage dealers have an advantage at lower lowers which is lower risk with higher reward.

Posted by: mesme.5028

mesme.5028

I just don’t know why zerk is a problem, why nerf it? if i and others wish to play zerk, why do peeps complain?.

CrossedHorse.4261

I meant bonus boon duration and bonus condition duration, those two statistics you have in your hero panel. They don’t downscale at all yet even agony resistance does and there’s no point in that.

Condition damage is very strong at lower levels which was easily seen when someone made a contest to kill champion moose or whatever in dredgehaunt cliffs. Condition damage dealers were getting better kill times with less effort spend thus condition damage dealers have an advantage at lower lowers which is lower risk with higher reward.

Huh, okay, I’ll check it out next time I play (never really noticed, if I’m honest). Maybe they felt that the bonus duration made so little difference overall (since most things die just by being hit once by anything) that they didn’t bother changing these extra things, whereas crit stuff got changed because of its more immediately obvious advantage. Obviously, this doesn’t work correctly in dungeons or against lower level champs, so there would be a problem here, I agree. But that could be the thinking behind why these things were addressed.

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Zerkers-are-unfairly-downscaled/

I posted about this just the other week and people played the crab mentality game of ’you’re too strong already’.

haviz.1340

I posted about this just the other week and people played the crab mentality game of ’you’re too strong already’.

Except that they don’t (or don’t want to) realise condition damage dealers are even stronger while being much easier to play (in dungeons for instance). That’s pure hypocrisy (or ignorance) here.

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

Guild Wars 2 Dungeons = stacking in a corner to win the game.

Both, plus cheap and frustrating mechanics if you attempt to do it legitimately.

Take a look at the Howling King and the prime example of cheap mechanics – the chances of intentionally kiting the gravelings into the fire are slim at best, 95% of the time they sit there and stare at you until the fire despawns – now that you are sitting in the middle of absolutely bloody nowhere they stagger their attacks to ensure that you run short of endurance and stun breakers. Next thing you know you are dead on the floor and someone is making their way over to res you and draw aggro for attempting to do so. All you can do at this point is stare at horror at your screen – all the gravelings are staring at your would-be savior. Your other party members crawl up into little balls and start muttering about Cthulhu. Your hopes of finishing the dungeon start leaking from your eyes like liquid pain, the song of beserker gear runners will extinguish the voices of mortal man from the sphere I can see it can you see it it is beautiful the final snuffing of the lies of Man ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST to R’lyeh the pony he comes he comes he comes the ichor permeates to all MY FACE MY FACE h god no NO NOOOO N stop the mobs are not real ZALG IS TO THE PONY HE COMES

Or you could just run beserker stats and stack in a corner.

Edit: why you no unicode ANet?

Attachments:

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

(edited by zamalek.2154)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It isn’t the only build. It is the go to build for those players and groups capable of using it.

Exactly, it’s the build to go for capable people. There should be a variety of equal “top tier” stat sets, not just one.

There will always be an optimal build/group comp that top trumps all others when used by a dedicated group within specific aspects of the game.

Is that so?
Okay, possibly there might always be one build/group composition that is more efficient than one, simply because it would be hard to balance everything so precisely.
Mind you – that is not a certainty. There’s at least one way to avoid this – by setting more than one goal. It would be possible to make it so that, for example the “fastest speed clear” build/group composition would be totally different than the “long time farming” group composition, simply because the fastest group builds would be running immense risks even at the top skill, while the longer clears builds would be more efficient longterm due to consistency.
But let’s ignore that for a moment, and assume, that you are right – that indeed there is always one build which is simply the best. We should still strive for the situation, where that build is just marginally better than the next one, and that only slightly better than the third (and so on). Any situation where one stat set just blows all others out of the water (and that is currently the case with zerker meta for PvE) however is just plainly and inexcusably bad.

TL/DR: There should be a variety of equal “top tier” stat sets. And while they may not be truly equal, we should prevent the situation where one reigns supreme, completely unchallenged.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

What’s the problem with berserker gear in PvE? Are you all getting removed from groups because of your gear or spec?

The only legitimate complaint about PvE right now is how conditions don’t compete with power based builds. This isn’t a berserker problem, but a problem with how conditions work in this game.

For the vast majority of players in this game, they could go into a dungeon with a 0/0/0/0/0 spec in all yellows and no one would know the difference.

Hell, most content in this game is fought at range for more than half the encounter anyway which makes speed runs a non-factor to begin with.

I’ve never been removed from a group despite being a Ranger. I’ve only had 2 people in a year of playing this game actually leave my group because it had a Ranger in it.

The berserker problem isn’t a real problem because PvE in this game is a nonfactor.

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Heavy diminishing returns on stacking the same stats comes to mind. For instance, wearing 4 or more berserker items has 10% reduced stat threshold on each following berserker piece.

This would do 2 things, make people think about their characters beyond just stacking the most OP set currently in the game, and promote build diversity using multiple armor types. As it stands now, berserker gear just makes the game’s PvE the laughing stock of MMOs.

Further clarity: This diminishing return applies to all armor types, not just berserker. This way no one would want more than 4 pieces of the same type.

This is a silly idea – here’s why.
People would stack 4 x berserker pieces and 2x assassin pieces and that would become the new " zerker meta". You’d have fixed nothing.

The new Knight’s meta would probably be 4 x Knight’s +2 x Cavalier’s and so on.

You wouldn’t be promoting more builds.
For each class and each area of content there are OPTIMAL stat ratios.
Say for a speed clear of CoF P1 class x will optimally have y amount of toughness, z amount of power and q amount of precision.
You’ll just be making it more difficult for people to get to those values – but that’s what will happen and nothing you can do will change the fact that people will ALWAYS want the most bang for their buck.

You do know that there are more than 6 pieces of gear you can equip right? You would need at least 4 different armor types with the setup I described, not 2. /facepalm

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

If you take a step back and a step up you will see that GW2 does not have a zerker meta so it really can’t be ended. What GW2 has is a DPS meta and zerker gear just fills that role best. Notice I used the word ‘role’. That word has to do with the actual problem and the actual answer. DPS is the only meaningful combat role. Support/utility, while often convenient, is largely inconsequential and therefore largely unneeded.

The only answer to the DPS meta is to model combat around meaningful combat roles. That, of course, is a rather divisive statement on these forums, but that is what all these zerker threads are addressing. Not all people have a problem with DPS-only, but if you do, the answer lies in modeling combat more on IRL combat which is role-oriented. Humans always approach goal-directed group activity through role specialization. Why? It is generally the most efficient approach and it satisfies a human need to provide something meaningful to the mix.

(edited by Raine.1394)

TheBlackLeech.9360

Except that they don’t (or don’t want to) realise condition damage dealers are even stronger while being much easier to play (in dungeons for instance). That’s pure hypocrisy (or ignorance) here.

The problem with condition dmg is that it only stacks so high…. and the boss… with its overinflated health pool, loses quite little of its health in relation to how high you have your condi dmg beefed up.

maybe condition dmg needs to start dealing damage based on a percentage of enemy hp with each tick.

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Really? Downscaling as an argument is so laughable. Because soooo many people hang out in those 30-70 zones these days

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Guild Wars 2 Dungeons = stacking in a corner to win the game.

Both, game design fault, both pve and WvW are bad.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

I don’t see what is surprising about the matter, as it is the same reason why those stats are so strong at higher levels: all the stats involved are multiplicative between them, thus it ends being an exponential growth.
Very low when the factors involved are low, and out of control when the factors involved increase.

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

Funny, the first 8 months of GW2 release I played different playstyles on my Ele (started as Valkyrie, tried Carrion, then went Soldier’s and Cleric’s) but after I discovered how GREAT Berzerker’s is I almost completely stopped playing the rest setups.

BERZERKER AIN’T THE PROBLEM, PVE IS THE PROBLEM

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

It isn’t the only build. It is the go to build for those players and groups capable of using it.

Exactly, it’s the build to go for capable people. There should be a variety of equal “top tier” stat sets, not just one.

There will always be an optimal build/group comp that top trumps all others when used by a dedicated group within specific aspects of the game.

Is that so?
Okay, possibly there might always be one build/group composition that is more efficient than one, simply because it would be hard to balance everything so precisely.
Mind you – that is not a certainty. There’s at least one way to avoid this – by setting more than one goal. It would be possible to make it so that, for example the “fastest speed clear” build/group composition would be totally different than the “long time farming” group composition, simply because the fastest group builds would be running immense risks even at the top skill, while the longer clears builds would be more efficient longterm due to consistency.
But let’s ignore that for a moment, and assume, that you are right – that indeed there is always one build which is simply the best. We should still strive for the situation, where that build is just marginally better than the next one, and that only slightly better than the third (and so on). Any situation where one stat set just blows all others out of the water (and that is currently the case with zerker meta for PvE) however is just plainly and inexcusably bad.

TL/DR: There should be a variety of equal “top tier” stat sets. And while they may not be truly equal, we should prevent the situation where one reigns supreme, completely unchallenged.

Yes, that is so.

It wouldn’t matter if there was a 0.001% difference between a group which has spent it’s time coming up with the optimal speed run group and the next best group. People would still bloody cry about it. It will never end.

The real issue is that some of the “play how I want to play” crowd has morphed into the “play how I want to play and expect it to be as optimal and efficient at everything as the dedicated min/max speed groups” crowd.

This group is also not taking into account the fact this game is meant to have three main pillars in terms of game play (pve, WvW (a pve pvp hybrid) and pvp) and the fact that zerk, is only optimal in a fraction of that overall picture. I hope those calling for nerfs because people running some pve content in speed groups faster than themselves are also looking for nerfs to pvt/bunker gear due to it’s dominance in W3 and spvp, oh wait, ofc they are not.

At the end of the day, you can clear and face roll 99% of the pve content in this game as a non zerk in a non zerk group. Such no zerk gear is also optimal in other facets of the game like W3 and spvp. However if you want to blitz certain pve content you can go zerk and roll in a dedicated speed run zerk group. And yet instead of trying to optimize for speed runs (if that is what they want to do), or simply make their own non zerk groups. People would rather have a good old cry about the fact that those who actually bother to go glass, can clear pve content faster than they can in on their clerics guard.

Posted by: xXxOrcaxXx.9328

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

lol. Just lol. Can you swap your stats on your warrior rabbit armor when you realise those stats are dumb?. Also, noone talks about “destroying zerkers”. They want to adjust zerker gear, so you aren’t forced to run zerker everywhere and all the time.

Ranger - Guardian - Warrior - Elementalist - Necromancer - Mesmer
EU Elona Reach – Void Sentinels

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

I think it depends on the change. If they nerf crit damage into the ground, then yes, I totally agree. If they destroy the zerk spec, let us change it.

If it’s really not bad like maybe adding a 100% crit damage cap or something then I don’t think this is necessary.

noice

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

if Berserker is nerfed it wont be the best anymore, so it deserves a stat change

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

Please consider it from a PvE and WvW point of view, in how many 100’s of hours and resources in gold, laurels, possibly real money via gems players have spent getting there berserker gear.

A lot will quit, rather than be forced to make new armour sets/weapons/trinkets and redo there appearance.

Its easy to change gear in PvP.

Very, very hard in PvE and WvW.

Flissy.4093

+1 if the change goes as expected.

They let MF users when they changed they, they sure as kitten it better let Zerkers else there will be a right kittenstorm – especially since we have just sunk 300g into Ascended.

Light Up the Darkness

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

lol. Just lol. Can you swap your stats on your warrior rabbit armor when you realise those stats are dumb?. Also, noone talks about “destroying zerkers”. They want to adjust zerker gear, so you aren’t forced to run zerker everywhere and all the time.

If you made a full set of Ascended Armor, you’re forced to use it for life.
You can never change stats ever again unless you spend 200000g to make another set with different stats. Which will also be time-gated to take months, even decades.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Fenrir.3609

Wait, you can’t do any of the pve content as a non zerk and you have to spvp and WvW in zerk as well?

Oh no wait, you are talking rubbish.

And given the time gating/grind associated with ascended gear, yes you should be allowed to change it for free when ANet nerf zerk.

As as side note, you also realise that nerfing zerk stats will do fk all to alter the pve dps meta right?

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Wiat- what? I tried to find something saying zerker gear will get nerfed, but couldn’t find it. Where was this said?

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

as long as it’s not ascended, it is easy to re-roll another stat. exotics are cheap as hell.

Fenrir.3609

as long as it’s not ascended, it is easy to re-roll another stat. exotics are cheap as hell.

People have ascended. So it is an issue.