Ignored game mode... once again...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

This situation has now lasted for many years, and though many facets of GW2 have been updated, some of us are still being left frustrated by the lack of attention to our favourite aspect of the game. I mean, apart from us, everyone got what they wanted most:

• PvEers got more progression (Dry top currency, Silverwastes currency, Wintersday currency)
  • PvPers got more PvP (Courtyard)
  • WvWers got more strategy (white swords)
  • RPers got more lore (Scarlet, Scarlet’s Journal, Scarlet’s bedroom, Ceara)
  • JPers got more JP gear (Rune of Snowfall)

But us? Nothing. In three years, nothing. Despite being already restricted to only have free access to our game mode once a year, and afterwards having to rely on the daily activity. This can’t be allowed to go on ANet.

So no offense to those without any groove, but there are no more excuses to delay the introduction of Bell Rankings to separate the wheat from the chaff. You can’t imagine the mental anguish it can cause us Bell Pros to be lumped with rhythmless peasants whose musical massacre completely wreck our perfect melody part.

I know it makes my ears bleed and then i want to cry. But that would not be Constructive™, so i take it upon myself each time to try and help my noobs rhythmycally impaired partners, but for some reason, they’re never receptive:

<joe charrtriani> kitten noob l2p
<Bob the Asura> ?
<joe charrtriani> u ruined the song u muppet
<joe charrtriani> stop failing
<joe charrtriani> u wearing Superior Rune of the Noob or wat?
* Bob the Asura has added you to the Ignore list.

<joe charrtriani> omg y u so bad?
<Llegollahs> i’m sorry, i’m lagging
<joe charrtriani> ya ur brain is lagging
<joe charrtriani> it’s because of noobs like that i never get called for an encore
<Llegollahs> now there…
<joe charrtriani> if yu have no skill play the bass or sumfin
<joe charrtriani> but stop kittening the choir bell
<Llegollahs> right
* Llegollahs has added you to the Ignore list.

Even a decontracted humorous approach doesn’t yield any results:

<joe charrtriani> wuz that supposed to be “The Great Toymaker”?
<joe charrtriani> that sounded more like “Rotlyck is a big noob” lol
* Rotlyck has added you to the Ignore list.

So, what gives? Obviously, pre-made Choirs would be ideal, but i realise that may be asking too much. This means that introducing a Ranked Bell Choir queue is needed ASAP. I want proper competition, not be lumped with/against noobs garage banders that will make the concert fail.

Please?

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

LOL WTF !?

10/10

Satch is the man <3

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but I’m trying to understand this post.

Are you asking for a ranking system for Bell Choir that is similar to PvP so people who aren’t as musically inclined can be matched with those who are? I’m not sure if the time and effort to put into such a thing would be worth the two weeks or so a year that bell choir is around.

Also, you might have to delete your quoting of the ‘map chat’ there – it’s not cool to name & shame people, even if they are being un-cool to you. Instead, right click – report for ‘Verbal Abuse’ then block. Then move on.

I’m a “total noob” at Bell Choir too (I personally hate the word ‘noob’ as it’s usually used in a disrespectful manner) but I’ve never had anyone verbally abuse me over it, so I’m not sure why they are, but still, any form of verbal abuse should be reported, and it will be seen by a moderator who will take appropriate action if needed.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Proud to be one of the players that just hit keys till he got his 500 notes.

If I ruined your song it may be due to the fact that I turn off players instruments in game, and for that I offer no apologies.

Edit: and you can blame ANet for making it mandatory this year to get the achievement for all the players not doing well, or in my case utterly terrible.

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

Posted by: EntropiaFox.4109

EntropiaFox.4109

Alas, I’m afraid you won’t have a ranking for Bell Choir nor premades, as it would be thoroughly unbalanced. As I suspect it also shares its code with other PvP instances, and thus it would all just too unbalanced to have all of that at once. Yep.

As for me, I’ll continue fumbling my way to the 500 notes achievement, I apologize in advance for any grief it may cause. <3

(edited by EntropiaFox.4109)

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

I smell irony and guys that don’t get it.

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Best Xmas troll so far, +1

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

Those Choir elitists… just let me play the songs how I want!

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Bell Rankings to be released with the Fractal Leaderboards.

Soon.™

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

At least we can throw snowballs the whole year here in Wayfarer Foothills

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: TheThriGG.2638

TheThriGG.2638

wow .. this might only be trolling, but since I`ve seen several threads about this already there really seem to be ppl that think this way, the only result is:

a) I will put these ppl on ignore the next time i log in
b) I will play choir bells for hours although i hate it just to ruin it for those guys

.. it will be fun .. at least for me

btw, shouldn`t anet do sth about someone who is posting chat logs, is namecalling and bragging about how he is insulting people?

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Why is bell chior the only game mode that can’t get legendary.

I demand the dev implement a legendary chior bell for the musical gifted.