Ilex of dreams

Ilex of dreams

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tou.3078

Tou.3078

Hi everyone,

Does anyone own an Ilex of dreams single handed sword? May I ask why is it worth that much gold? I can’t see much effects from photos found online and I can’t find a video regarding this sword. I have tried using preview and saw nothing fascinating about this sword, I was wondering if there are some effects which can’t be seen in preview mode. I would highly appreciate it if any owners would like to share some interesting screenshots of this sword?

(edited by Tou.3078)

Ilex of dreams

Posted by: Bingo.2174

Bingo.2174

It’s an extremely rare drop from a rarely run dungeon path and it is a unique skin with a blue flow that runs through it when drawn. For some Sylvari, it really complements the look they were going for so that is why the high price.

Ilex of dreams

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

It’s an extremely rare drop from a rarely run dungeon path and it is a unique skin with a blue flow that runs through it when drawn. For some Sylvari, it really complements the look they were going for so that is why the high price.

I would add that in the aetherpath versions (they are all reworked TA weapons), they have toned down on some of the things that got in the way of the regular TA weapon’s looks, like the vines wrapped around the supposed blade of the greatsword, though I’m not totally sure how much of that is also because of the blue effects