Im afraid of April's Fool

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

With all this amazing stuff coming up, I cant help to wonder if all of this is one big april fool’s boop. If so, it would be the cruelest of them all. Specially the Wardrove which is something Im really hyped about considering the amoung of amazing skins I have like 2 legendaries and the shattered wings.

That aside, (having faith that up to now what we see is real), what do you think will be this year’s april’s fools? Perhaps the LFG one, or maybe the WXP and ranks being account bound?

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Maybe the return of the Super Adventure Box that launched exactly 1 year ago.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: Lathrall.9180

Lathrall.9180

Until I see this Wardrobe and dyes being unlocked account wide in game after the 1st of April, I will consider this an April Fool’s Joke.

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

I am not worried about this being an Aprils fool joke. It would be the biggest middle finger to players since the ending of ME3

These are things back in BETA they were supposed to have… this is finally starting to bring GW2 into what it was suppossed to be at the beginning. They would literaly have people hate their company for years and years to come… Bioware closed its doors soon after, anet would not risk it.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

I am not worried about this being an Aprils fool joke. It would be the biggest middle finger to players since the ending of ME3

These are things back in BETA they were supposed to have… this is finally starting to bring GW2 into what it was suppossed to be at the beginning. They would literaly have people hate their company for years and years to come… Bioware closed its doors soon after, anet would not risk it.

I agree. If the wardrobe was an April Fool’s joke, I would let my fireplace have my Guild Wars 2 cd.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

ArenaNet has never been mean with their April’s Fool’s jokes. There are people who do kitten things for April’s Fool’s, but ANet are not amongst them. I have seen developers, such as John Stumme who said that they hate the mean jokes and go the extra mile to be funny for all, not just the joker.

I am not worried.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

The real joke comes when the patch hits in all its massive buggy glory.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

Posted by: Eravyn.7483

Eravyn.7483

As much as this is already messing with the in-game market, I doubt this is a joke. (cheapest dyes have gone from 1.8 silver to 22 silver for example)

As for what they might do as a joke? Announce the Tengu as playable. It’s the only thing I can think of that people have been pining over since I’ve joined this game that hasn’t been talked about directly by devs yet. (though I really hope a city of theirs or something joins the map soon)

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

I don’t see this being their aprils fools joke. I been with Anet (GW1 and GW2) for about 7 years and had the oportunity to experience their aprils fools each of those years.
They have reversed genders for the day, turned everyone into stickfigures, made everyone really tiny as minatures and minis big, turned everyone into fattyhead small Gwendolls. Then came the prank quest with the commando and the annihilater, which I did not like (if I wanted modern warfare I would pick up another game), but it wasn’t mean and lots of people liked it, though not everyone realised it was a joke thing.

The commando quests being the last april fools prior to the release of GW2 they revealed commando as a class on the GW2 site, for lols, for most people with a working brain that was an obviosu joke and got a few laughs. Last year we got SaB again something I thought was crap, but in no way doing any real harm other than a few more ugly weapons walking around (sorry, but that is my opinion). It was alright, though no one seemed to realise it was a joke thing and wanted and want it back at any and all time.

So my guess is that aside from a fake update ON THE DAY! as they always do, which is very clearly a joke as it makes 0 sense from any perspective at all…. we will get either SaB again with the next crap world, or some new joke quest/content, that people can think is serious again and not realise is a joke even though it came out on april fools.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: Loubbo.9852

Loubbo.9852

I think the biggest joke is going to be that it will go almost completely unnoticed and will only be heard about several days later considering a vast majority will be playing the early access of The Elder Scrolls Online.

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

None of these things are that great.

Maybe if they said something along the lines of “Ascended gear can now be earned in from Dungeon/WvWvW in the same way exotic gear is obtained” or “We going to revamp SPvP” then I would be worried.

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

considering a vast majority will be playing the early access of The Elder Scrolls Online.

Lol no

Glorious Human Master Race

Posted by: mjhungness.8059

mjhungness.8059

I think the biggest joke is going to be that it will go almost completely unnoticed and will only be heard about several days later considering a vast majority will be playing the early access of The Elder Scrolls Online.

What will be interesting is the realization that GW2 is clipping along at a higher level than the existing MMOs and ESO will just show how much GW2 evolved the genre when they release with ‘more of the same’. Especially if it plays like a console port.

On topic, with the Feature Pack hitting a few weeks later, I’m thinking April Fools will be one of the ‘one-day cosmetic’ shenanigans from GW1 days. How awesome would it be if we all turned into Scarlet for a day? “Ha-ha, April Fools, Salad-Boy!”

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

How awesome would it be if we all turned into Scarlet for a day? “Ha-ha, April Fools, Salad-Boy!”

Someone in another thread suggested something like that. All the girls get turned into Scarlet, and all the boys get turned into Trehearne. It would be a nice laugh, but people might get a bit vindictive during pvp, if that happens.

Let out all your anger guys and gals! You can stomp Scarlet and Trehearne all you what for a day!

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I agree. If the wardrobe was an April Fool’s joke, I would let my fireplace have my Guild Wars 2 cd.

You should microwave it instead. The lightshow is amazing

Don’t do it with a brand new MW though…

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I believe, we will see on patch day anyway a kind of multi-part patch coming , due to the size of the patch, that we will get basically over the course of the day multiple times “new versions” that need to be downloaded, cause basically the patch being cut into like 3 smaller pieces or so.

Why? So that its easier alods for peopel with worser internet connections to get the stuff downloade.
If we would see on the 15ths April a huge patch like with 50000 files or so to download, this would takevan eternity to download, even with fast internet connections it would take some time.

Easier would it be to split these 50000 filkes for the matter of the example up into 3 smaller patches auf 20000, 15000 and another 15000, or 15000/17500/17500)

Sure, this wouldn#t solve the tiem problem, but I think it would be alot easier to handle that way for many people.

What do you think? By the way also, I absolutely don’t understand why so many people here show up so much mistrust now… the blogposts are all serious, we know since several months, that this kind of huge Feature Patch will come, so why in hell should all of this be now out of a sudden be all an April’s Fools Joke ??

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

I can see them trolling everyone by making all the male characters Trahearne and all the females Scarlet for the day.

Cue the required quote from the plant wielding Saladbolg; “This won’t end well.”

Duty is heavier than death.

Posted by: Grizm.4560

Grizm.4560

The whole point of April Fool’s Day is that the tricks are to be pulled off on that one day. I’ve never heard of any company starting their April Fool’s trick in March and saying “Gotcha!” on April 1st.

You don’t show up to work on March 31st and tell your co-workers that you have cancer only to say “April Fool’s!!!” the next morning. You have to get them with the entire trick on April 1st. Anyone doing otherwise is doing it wrong. People know to be on guard on that one day, they don’t want to have to be on guard for weeks leading up to it.

Tarnished Coast
My characters think I’m crazy.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Actually, I heard we’re getting a new profession

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

The whole point of April Fool’s Day is that the tricks are to be pulled off on that one day. I’ve never heard of any company starting their April Fool’s trick in March and saying “Gotcha!” on April 1st.

You don’t show up to work on March 31st and tell your co-workers that you have cancer only to say “April Fool’s!!!” the next morning. You have to get them with the entire trick on April 1st. Anyone doing otherwise is doing it wrong. People know to be on guard on that one day, they don’t want to have to be on guard for weeks leading up to it.

This!

Nothing more to say.

PS. that link of there is old junk of an old aprils fools joke from Anet at the time, where not all playable classes were released.
Forget this shizz, it will never happen. Parts of that crap have anyways already found into the gameplay concept of the engineer …

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

GW1 they made us all stick figures, turned us into Commandos, and have done other fun stuff. If anything we’ll all be turned into Tengu or make us all shoot nyan cats or some other stupidly fun things. And besides, the update for the feature pack is the 15th, not the 1st. Super Adventure box will be coming on the 1st and maybe something for a joke like dyes randomly fall from the sky and splatter on the ground.

Posted by: Miroe.2054

Miroe.2054

Scarlet Briar returns because people started to forget her

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

It’s not an April Fools joke. As Ostra said, it would be a huge F.U. to everyone to entice and promise and cause market changes….and then say j/k.

Their April Fools stuff is generally more overt and goofy. It would be like them to announce a new profession called The Plumber and go thru a serious description of an obviously false and goofy class. The Plumber: can swap outfits like engi’s swap kits for new skills. Outfits include frog, raccoon, fire, and tanooki.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

I can see them trolling everyone by making all the male characters Trahearne and all the females Scarlet for the day.

Cue the required quote from the plant wielding Saladbolg; “This won’t end well.”

I so want this to happen.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Isn’t the point of April Fools to make the joke on April 1st and not earlier or after?

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

ANet’s patchnotes on April Fools for GW were always a laugh.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Maybe the return of the Super Adventure Box that launched exactly 1 year ago.

My guildie got continue coins from either a drop or chest yesterday.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Don’t worry, from my experiances from Anet with regards to April Fool’s it has always been fun stuff for us to do and never a cruel joke. I can’t say the same however for another company who’s game I am currently playing while also playing this. :P

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I’m pretty sure it’s gonna be a GvG game mode!

Or not.