Im annoyed at Forums

Im annoyed at Forums

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: wewod.6834

wewod.6834

Alright so first off I know I am generalizing and am not talking about everyone here but seriously. I like coming onto the forums to see people’s ideas about how to improve the game through civilized constructive criticism, or to read about someone enjoying the game and expressing their singular experiences. In place of these I find instead mindless vulgarity and whining. For example, I’m scrolling through the forums hoping to find some form of delightful and intelligent conversation and all I see is, “This game is BS because…..”, I think we should instead of complaining and taking everything for granted, appreciate Anet’s hard work by complimenting them instead, although that’s just my opinion….

GW 2 IS AWESOME.

Im annoyed at Forums

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

People (myself included) love(d) GW1…yet they forget it’s growing pains as well (see my signature).

There are a lot of passionate debates on these forums. I believe that most INDIVIDUALS attempt to be constructive; even those who have put the game down for a bit. However, people who post the most FREQUENTLY tend to have an agenda: make this game look as horrible as it possibly can. Blind love of the game isn’t constructive either.

Imo, it’s always better to lead with a compliment, and then be as critical and respectful as possible, even if you’re impassioned.

But this is the internet, so really, what can you expect?

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Im annoyed at Forums

Posted by: TheIronFistOfDeath.3016

TheIronFistOfDeath.3016

It’s that way in any MMO forum. Yet all the people complaining still play.

Im annoyed at Forums

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

This is the case in all games with forums.

You’ll find those who are disastisfied with the game are not playing it and are voicing their complaints.

Those who enjoy the game are playing it and can’t be bothered with the forum unless they’re at work or taking a break.

It’s funny how people always find the little things to complain about and make a big deal about it. Over on the crafting forum we have some guy making a big deal over gathering of all things!

I suggest you join the subreddit for GW2. There is still whining, such a lot of exploit defenders, but it’s probably the ‘safest’ medium out there. If you don’t like it, best just stay away and play the game.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Im annoyed at Forums

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Show me an MMO forum that’s all about the butterflies and daisies.. cos the many I’ve looked through, posted on and hurriedly forgot even existed have always been more about the negatives of the game than the positives. Then again I perosnally think that’s why game developers started opening them up because publicity, good or bad is still publicity. Forums are toolsfor the company, not just us humans to use as mouthpieces.. what better way to test an ever evolving MMO than to have your live audiences write about it on a forum… pure genius no matter whether is good, bad or indifferent.
I will say this for ANet though, they police theirs alot more stringently than many others out there.. whether that’s a good thing .. I will leave that to the masses to conclude

Im annoyed at Forums

Posted by: Dradiin.8935

Dradiin.8935

Have you never been to a gaming forum before ?

Forums and negativity go hand in hand.

Im annoyed at Forums

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

You will find the butterflies and daisies forums under:
Fan Generated Content
Linksville
Players Helping Players

The mods are quick to move things to their appropriate forums (thank you!) so really just a handful of people with an agenda here. It’s the same names over and over, don’t concern yourself too much with it.

Im annoyed at Forums

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

(@vorch. Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/atdw3yr They were wrong back then. Have a little faith now.)

Lol. Good find. They were saying a lot of the things about Guild Wars 1 that they are saying now about Guild Wars 2, at the same game age (4 months).

Hmmm that link seems to be broken now. Try this. http://web.archive.org/liveweb/http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/any-predictions-about-gws-futurei-t54392p2.html

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Im annoyed at Forums

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

To the OP:
I hope you have the same feeling toward “OmG, Luff U ANetz, U Mke Awsm Gam3!” threads.

They may be cool and all, but seeing them around also doesn’t contribute to anything. Having 30 guys saying “Agreed 15char” in that thread is just as bad as a ranting thread with 30 people saying “yeah, ANet are kitten and this game sucks”.

Also, I’d implore you to check the closed threads (if thats possible) a few of them that actually had meaningful discussions were closed.

Im annoyed at Forums

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

welcome to the great big world of MMO/any gaming forum.

Im annoyed at Forums

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

While we appreciate the intention to bring some positive mood on the forums, this thread is not providing any meaningful feedback to the current issues & concerns.

Therefore, this thread is now locked.