Imagine if 100% health regen gets removed

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

like the title says.

Imagine they remove the quick health regeneration after you leave combat?

Would you change your build somehow?

Would it become more defensive?

Would health regen per second food increase in price?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I don’t really have to imagine. The first MMORPG I played was like that initially. Lots of sitting around doing nothing.

Wouldn’t matter much for me in GW2. I can generally keep myself healed across all characters anyway.

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

People would just use their heal skill.

Posted by: DefiledxBaus.8493

DefiledxBaus.8493

They would implement potions, which would be useless imo

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

My build would not change, I’d just stop playing the game.

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

They would implement potions, which would be useless imo

Yea pretty much this.

Although I’d probably blast my water fields more on my ele.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

Posted by: aliksyian.7642

aliksyian.7642

Imagine if they got rid of ‘deposit all’!

It’s a quality of life feature. Getting rid of it would make the game more annoying, not more interesting.

Hide user’s posts on forum with chrome tampermonkey script: http://pastebin.com/aaUQr3pm

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

want a 100% health potion well we got it here in the gem store for just 900 gems dont work in wvw/spvp

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Imagine it? Haven’t you ever been stuck in combat? In short, all that changes is you have to sit there and wait if you need to heal and it’s on cooldown.

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

like the title says.

Imagine they remove the quick health regeneration after you leave combat?

Would you change your build somehow?

Would it become more defensive?

Would health regen per second food increase in price?

Remove it would be bad, but it could get a nerf. Right now is too easy to leave combat and reset to 100%, even when your group is fighting. The time it takes to reset the hp is too short.

I think that the best would be only reset the hp if all the party members are out of combat. Or reduce how fast it goes from 0 to 100% when reseting. Maybe 10% every second.

If it was removed 100% people would probably change builds a little bit or always bring a staff ele and blast water fields. If they just nerf how fast it regens and/or how easy is to strat reseting hp it would’t change much.

Hp regen food would still be useless/underpowered.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

(edited by xDudisx.5914)

Posted by: Diviner.7405

Diviner.7405

The only thing a change like this would create would be that it would make wave spawning events more difficult. Normally, you kill a wave and then you are out of combat between waves and your health regens before the next wave comes out. It would make it more challenging maybe, but most of the time you just zerg those kind of events down anyways so it would not be that different.

I think this game does not need this mechanic at this point. It would cause Anet to have re-look at all content in the game and make sure it is doable when they could be spending time working on other projects. It is not a big enough change to make things more challenging (verse more annoying).

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

I would blast water field when ooc.

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

OOC healing regen is pretty high I have to admit. Not that I’m complaining, its a timesaver if anything. Especially if you are used to MMOs where you’d spend countless hours waiting for regen for health or mana. But I can’t really think of a proper way to address it now after its been this way for a while.

I’d just start using healing spells/combos more often at the end of combat then I do already. Maybe you’d see people putting in general regen/healing traits/skills or gear into their daily builds. But I think the mindset of just avoiding damage as most as possible will still remain before anything else for majority.

Not sure regen food would really change at that point. Regen food has some very niche uses and I don’t mind using it for a general use food when I don’t have any damage food made up. But I don’t think getting rid of or nerfing regen would really make it any more appealing. It still regens lower then what you could heal by other means.

(edited by Katreyn.4218)

Posted by: abbetd.5912

abbetd.5912

want a 100% health potion well we got it here in the gem store for just 900 gems dont work in wvw/spvp

I played a game that worked like that. For your health to regenerate, you had to sit down. Any action, damage, or even non-damaging debuff applied to you would force you to stand, stopping health regeneration. There were potions available in-game for gold, but the amount of health restored was laughable (Recover 1000 health instantly, on a toon with 200k health) and had a 30 second cooldown.

The cash shop, though, sold potions that restored 75% of max HP, and had a 10 second cooldown.

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Dark Age of Camelot

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I think the current system is fine.
But some aspect of leaving combat need to redesign.
Thief shouldn’t be too easy to get out of combat.
They should add a force combat period regardless of distance. (Like once you enter combat, it takes 20 second to lose combat regardless of your distance.

Posted by: Artanis.4963

Artanis.4963

World of Warcraft does this (or did, when I played it). It severely hampered fun having to sit down and have some bytes every few minutes. The game was basically telling me I couldn’t play for a bit.

Quick OOC regen in GW2 is one of the features that made the game for me.