Immersion Broken, Game Ruined - Look Here!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Evil Seabass.5214

Evil Seabass.5214

Now my day is totally ruined.
Can you spot it?

Attachments:

Posted by: Demongale.3916

Demongale.3916

Pretty sure thats supposed to be Abbadon, Dhuum was the god of death before Grenth correct?

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

Nah, blame the historians, they didn’t write it down correctly!

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Posted by: ragnarokda.1805

ragnarokda.1805

Is it because your human gods are only valuable as part of a collection?? Lol

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

Blasphemy!

/15chars

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

They don’t even remember the lore of their own game

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Typo, happens, doubt it will ever addressed though :-) Also Human Gods only value as a part of a collection is rather funny.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

That’s incredibly shameful. That sort of suggests that nobody ever actually checked it. It should be immediately noticeable to anyone who is actually familiar with the lore and had played GW1.

Posted by: DavidB.5832

DavidB.5832

Soo, is there some magic place i don’t know about – where you can store additional equipment?
I mean, my inventory is always 75% full of crap and alternate equipment.

I admit, i am quite new to this game, and don’t have any good equipment – but is there any tisp to manage inventory better?

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Typo, happens, doubt it will ever addressed though :-) Also Human Gods only value as a part of a collection is rather funny.

A typo is “teh” instead of “the”. It’s a mistype. Unless their team autocorrects Abbadon to Dhuum?

This is pretty clearly just a history fail. That NPC should be fired.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: piza.9310

piza.9310

?
? ?

Posted by: Nythrilyn.2146

Nythrilyn.2146

That is so bad, on so many levels lol

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Embarrassing? You’re assuming the QA all played Guild Wars 1 and were all into lore. I’ve seen worse typos in top best sellers. Entire wrong names used. It happens. This is a pretty small molehill even for this community to turn into a mountain. lol

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

head desk

ugh

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

At least they got the important part right That Kormir took one for the team and took godhood from us.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Absolutely!

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Pistol Joe.3741

Pistol Joe.3741

maybe it was on purpose ? .. who knows

Beer Belly Joe – SoS NA

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Absolutely!

You realize you’re calling out for some poor NPC children to be going to bed hungry once he loses his job just because he made a mistake.

That’s just plain heartless.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I know how to fix it… Report it! Accidents happens, not every employee at Anet has worked there since GW1.

Soo, is there some magic place i don’t know about – where you can store additional equipment?
I mean, my inventory is always 75% full of crap and alternate equipment.

I admit, i am quite new to this game, and don’t have any good equipment – but is there any tisp to manage inventory better?

I dunno what you know or dont know.

- There is a place called a Bank (Get more slots with Gems).
- Get 18 slots bags if you have a hard time getting 20 slot bags or cant afford them.
- Don’t carry more than one extra set of gear on you, I doubt you have to swich that often.
- Have salvage kits with you all the time.
- At the top right end of your invetory there is a cog that you can click and deposit all crafting mats to your deposit wich you then can reach from bank.
- Don’t open loot bags until you are done with a zone.
- Don’t klick bouncy chest in the right corner until you are leaving that zone.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Absolutely!

You realize you’re calling out for some poor NPC children to be going to bed hungry once he loses his job just because he made a mistake.

That’s just plain heartless.

Welcome to the work force, I guess. Deserves a demotion at the very least.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Sthenith.5196

Sthenith.5196

All i remember about any lore is that Scarlett was bad, Zaithan was bad (but he made Zaithaffy candy) and Sylvari can’t be trusted because some dragon talks to them.

Anything else just gives me a desire for a stiff drink.

Posted by: Texas Jack.6852

Texas Jack.6852

Instead of fixing it they should add a small mini game, Phoenix Wright style, to contradict the facts recorded, unveiling a plot of some historian to rewrite history.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Instead of fixing it they should add a small mini game, Phoenix Wright style, to contradict the facts recorded, unveiling a plot of some historian to rewrite history.

that would be fun though! /s/

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

LOL, nice find. I bet Anet is so embarrassed to say even address this in the forum. This is what you get for letting another writer tinkering with the lore.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Dhumm?

RUINED

Unless this is actually a very peculiar plot twist leak.

if so, SAVED

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Eh? I am don’t particularly care much about lore in games but IF there is going to be a focus then I would like to see MORE like this where the information you get isn’t always the absolute truth and you have to consider everything from the perspective of your information source.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Eh, this is Zinn, an Asuran Golemancer. commenting on foreign culture. Who can keep all those gods and whatzits straight?

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

This is likely intentional, just like how in the priory storyline they refer to a certain historical figure as “Dagnar Stonepate” (and this isn’t a typo, that line is voiced) rather than his accurate name “Dagnar Stoneplate”

It’s meant to illustrate imperfect knowledge of history.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Human religion wasn’t Zinn’s strong point.

Posted by: MegumiAzusa.2918

MegumiAzusa.2918

As PopeUrban already said there are a lot of imperfections, not just restricted to the priory story line. Esp around Granite Citadel and a few other dwarven outposts.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Embarrassing? You’re assuming the QA all played Guild Wars 1 and were all into lore. I’ve seen worse typos in top best sellers. Entire wrong names used. It happens. This is a pretty small molehill even for this community to turn into a mountain. lol

LMAO .. WHAT!

Yes its QA fail 101.. whether they played GW1 or not.. the game lore is supposed to be consistant at the very least.. therefore when implementing something that is hinged around lore it should of been QA’ed accordingly – stop making up this stuff please.

- Excuse me Ferrari QA 101 .. this side panel is meant to be on a Fiat Panda!
- Oh sorry customer.. I never worked on Fiat Panda’s before
- Oh that’s ok pretty minor molehill, I’ll buy it anyway…

PopeUrban.2578

LMAO .. WHAT!

Yes its QA fail 101.. whether they played GW1 or not.. the game lore is supposed to be consistant at the very least.. therefore when implementing something that is hinged around lore it should of been QA’ed accordingly – stop making up this stuff please.

It isn’t a QA fail. It’s an in-universe obfuscation of history. It is completely intentional and used to illustrate (like in many places in the game) that NPCs often have an imperfect or just plain wrong view of historical, or event current events.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory

Posted by: Darth Sylvanos.2496

Darth Sylvanos.2496

This is likely intentional, just like how in the priory storyline they refer to a certain historical figure as “Dagnar Stonepate” (and this isn’t a typo, that line is voiced) rather than his accurate name “Dagnar Stoneplate”

I’m sorry to tell you that you are wrong. Dagnar Stonepate is the actual name. In fact, his original name was Dagnar Stoneplitter in the game manual.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

I’m sorry to tell you that you are wrong. Dagnar Stonepate is the actual name. In fact, his original name was Dagnar Stoneplitter in the game manual.

Yup you are right, heres the link http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Dagnar_Stonepate

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

PopeUrban.2578

Mind. Blown.

Sorry for the misinformation!

CETheLucid.3964

LMAO .. WHAT!

Zinn is an asura from GW1. Back when asura were a new race in the world above ground.

It makes sense that Zinn the asura isn’t going to have everything 100% right about human religion.

He got a god mixed up. Easy mistake to make. That wasn’t exactly his pursuit. Even so, Dhuum/Abbadon mix up aside, he pretty much nailed it.

It really is a minor thing and makes perfect sense character wise.

Same deal more or less with the ancient dwarven areas. Droknah’s VS Droknar’s, things like that. Some minute details are misinterperted or lost to time.

We’re behind a forth wall, some of us know the minute and some things aren’t strictly correct, but the world in the game is hundreds of years into the future of the first game.

We don’t exist as immortal time traveling space police from the first game to correct some priory scholars enunciation of ancient dwarven.

Details like that actually make the game feel very much alive. It’s a nice touch and attention to detail most games wouldn’t get, probably for the reason this thread exists.

Gamers are generally pedant and miss the forest for the trees.

Posted by: Dolphin.2574

Dolphin.2574

OMG my immersion is completely overwhelmed.

So it it Hylek or really Heket?

CETheLucid.3964

OMG my immersion is completely overwhelmed.

So it it Hylek or really Heket?

The hylek subspecies managed to survive the changing world thus far, or said in this way, is among the groups known to have done so thus far.

We just discovered an entirely new subspecies of the hylek in the Itzel and Nuhoch.

Several of the original tribes of hylek from GW1 have managed to survive into GW2. We don’t know the status of the heket subspecies in particular.

They’re in Elona.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Maybe it’s meant to shame Kormir.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

CETheLucid.3964

Maybe it’s meant to shame Kormir.

Attachments:

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Perfect work anet… Who cares about lore, right?

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Vayne.8563

LMAO .. WHAT!

It’s a single word from a single NPC. I’ve been involved with major editing projects where work goes through half a dozen editors and stuff still gets through. Deal with it.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Outch, that is a big blunder. Let’s hope they do fix it asap and the intern doesn’t get fired.

Especially since Dhuum is a fan favorit with his ban sickle in GW1 and Abbadon was such a fun villain god to hate.

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

Mistakes happen and they can make it to print. Rather than firing the NPC perhaps Arenanet should hire a lore editor in chief. You know, for the economy.

If this were intentional, I would expect some kind of indication in the text, such as our character saying:
“That’s not what I learned in school….”
or Zinn saying:
“Some will dispute my account of history, but they are bookahs!”

If it is intentional, then it falls flat. The fight to defeat Abbadon was a major world event. If we consider Tyria as a realistic world then there would be countless histories written about the fight and it’s effect on the world. As an analog; Zinn saying it was Dhuum is like Howard Zinn claiming Abraham Lincoln was the commanding general during the American Revolution and the first president of the Untied States. Both Zinns would have easy access to the correct information.

edit: My analog would be more accurate if Howard Zinn were replaced with Leonard Susskind. Don’t think it affects my argument too much.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

(edited by Psientist.6437)

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

LMAO .. WHAT!

It’s a single word from a single NPC. I’ve been involved with major editing projects where work goes through half a dozen editors and stuff still gets through. Deal with it.

Lols… clueless gem as ever.
You seem to think making errors and such are perfectly fine… you wouldn’t last 5miniutes in my business for sure with that kind of attitude.

PILOT A – Hey Maverick how do I adjust these darn seats back, my legs are getting cramped?
PILOT B – Hmm… the manual says lean forward and press the big RED button
PILOT A – Ahh great , thanks…. whooooosh !!!
PILOT B – Goooossssee !!! – godkitten it frigging editors (strikes line through RED and scribbles in BLUE)… maybe I should let the whole squadron know – ya think?

(edited by Bloodstealer.5978)

Vayne.8563

LMAO .. WHAT!

Lols… clueless gem as ever.
You seem to think making errors and such are perfectly fine… you wouldn’t last 5miniutes in my business for sure with that kind of attitude.

PILOT A – Hey Maverick how do I adjust these darn seats back, my legs are getting cramped?
PILOT B – Hmm… the manual says lean forward and press the big RED button
PILOT A – Ahh great , thanks…. whooooosh !!!
PILOT B – Goooossssee !!! – godkitten it frigging editors (strikes line through RED and scribbles in BLUE)… maybe I should let the whole squadron know – ya think?

Errors are not perfectly fine. Errors are perfectly human. With your attitude you wouldn’t last a minute in my business. See how easy that is.

A single word in a single NPC’s dialogue is only a big deal if you’re trying to make a big deal about it. Which you apparently are.

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

Errors are not perfectly fine. Errors are perfectly human. With your attitude you wouldn’t last a minute in my business. See how easy that is.

A single word in a single NPC’s dialogue is only a big deal if you’re trying to make a big deal about it. Which you apparently are.

Uh, it’s not an obscure plot point, it’s the main villain of one of the GW campaigns, and technically the boss behind the boss for the other two. Basically, they flubbed the name/backstory of the most significant antagonist in the series prior to the Elder Dragons.

That’s like making a Batman game and mixing up the Joker with the Riddler.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

Posted by: Elyssandariel.2679

Elyssandariel.2679

One WORD ruined the game for you? Isn’t that a little….dramatic? I’m not saying errors are ok or anything, they should do their best to correct them when they see them, but really? One WORD ruined the game? looks confused

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

You would not have to have played GW or be into “Lore” to know the facts. An entire campaign was devoted to dealing with Abbadon. This is not obscure lore about some minor side character. 30 seconds on GW wiki would have been enough.

Sick of the “editor” blah blah card.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: Lagg.3960

Lagg.3960

It’s spelled Abaddon not Abbadon.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Abaddon

Hey, I just bash you, and this is frenzy,
But here’s my Wammo, so heal me maybe?