Immersive Combat; It's time to add this.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Okamie.9270

Okamie.9270

Immersive Combat
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Firstly, what is Immersive Combat Mode (ICM) ?;

ICM allows players to attack, and turn their screen, with the mouse., while locking the mouse in the center of the screen. This allows players to experience a much more “immersive” combat experience, a more fluid experience.

Now, in the past, this mod was never quite officially “approved”. We received hidden approval, as some would call it, when a moderator stated that any mod that doesn’t give you a direct advantage over others isn’t bannable.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Now, I can’t play guild wars 2 without this. A lot of people can’t play this game without this mod. It appeals to the " Action gamers", it makes the combat more comfortable to those who don’t enjoy typical MMO combat.

That being said, firstly, I encourage you all to try it for yourself ( http://wesslen.org/ICM/ or http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/10amev/combat_mode_10_released_arenanet_repond/ ).

Second of all, it’s important to show your support for this. This really appeals to A LOT of people, yet, it isn’t naturally in the game. This would broaden combat interest, and would make those of us who are stuck using the mod VERY happy.
————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Please ANet, several others want this, some of us NEED this (Me!).
I hope you’ll consider adding this as an option INGAME.

(edited by Okamie.9270)

Posted by: Okamie.9270

Okamie.9270

Rules concerning this mod;

As part of ArenaNet’s policy on third-party programs, we are often asked about multi-boxing and the use of macros. Here is our policy:

Macros
—————————————————
Guild Wars 2 players are permitted to use macros as long as the macros;

Are programmed with a 1 key for 1 function protocol.
This means that if you program a macro, it must require one keystroke per action. You may not program a single key to perform multiple functions.
For example, if you Press A and it results in the casting of a single skill, you’re ok. If you Press A and it casts multiple spells, you’re not ok.

You cannot program a macro to perform the same or multiple actions on more than one account at a time.

You cannot program an “auto-clicker” macro that, for instance, opens chests while you play elsewhere.

“Does this program allow someone to play faster, better, longer, or more accurately than someone who doesn’t use it?”
“Does this program allow someone to ‘play’ when he/she is not at the computer?”
“Does this program allow the user to gain undeserved rewards?”

No, no, and no. :>

Posted by: Tru Reptile.6058

Tru Reptile.6058

People have been asking for Combat Mode since it was created, what, over a year ago? And still nothing. Meanwhile, the same mod was made for Wildstar which will be added last time I’ve heard.

If Anet can monetize it I’m sure they’ll jump at the chance…

(edited by Tru Reptile.6058)

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

I’ve given up on playing the game until they implement this, as I cannot get the mod to work. I can’t stand to play with the kittenty WoW style controls any longer.

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I really would have liked to have seen something like this mod for the feature patch. I won’t risk my account to use the mod though

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

My only comment to all this is WHY would you want to play this game if you don’t like the current combat system? Trying to make this game into something else means you SHOULD be playing another game (not trying to get this one modified for YOUR desire for another game).

I’ve got no problem with the mod as long as Anet doesn’t care (and your assumption that they do not based on your interpretation of the mod rules is a big one, IMO). My issue with this request is that the resources required to put this in place are taken away from something else and I am NOT for that tradeoff.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

My only comment to all this is WHY would you want to play this game if you don’t like the current combat system? Trying to make this game into something else means you SHOULD be playing another game (not trying to get this one modified for YOUR desire for another game).

I’ve got no problem with the mod as long as Anet doesn’t care (and your assumption that they do not based on your interpretation of the mod rules is a big one, IMO). My issue with this request is that the resources required to put this in place are taken away from something else and I am NOT for that tradeoff.

Never could understand the need to use all caps on random words.

But that aside the combat camera in this game is a huge inconvenience. Targeting and trying to click on foes in a mass of particles is trying at best. Add in that the mouse icon tends to get lost in the confusion it can be more frustrating.

While I can respect that you want to have resources placed elsewhere that doesn’t change that this is one way of addressing camera and mouse targeting issues that many players complain about.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Posted by: Simzani.4318

Simzani.4318

I cant’ play without it too. Would have been a nice feature for the featureless patch.

Posted by: Halvaard.1034

Halvaard.1034

I love this mod.
I played with my right mouse button down perpetually anyway and remapped my A and D keys as strafes before this came to my attention. This makes movement so much more natural and ground targeting, while weird at first, becomes much easier for me.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

No thank you.

One of the major things I love about GW2 is that they’ve captured the action element of combat without resorting to an action-style combat system. The main thing that kept me away from Tera is the FPS style aiming and combat system

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

I actually like the current system. It’s engaging enough as it is. You go ahead and use this mod, but don’t force other players to use it. =)

GW2’s Jehova Witnesses…

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

The mod is already “done” and working, all the coding is already finished. I can understand why they can’t go out and clearly state “Everyone can use this mod without punishment”, without generalizing, because they don’t know what the next version will have, the creator might add something that violates their code or something.

What the mod needs is to be included in the Official downloads page, or have it as an option in the in-game options, that would hardly take any time from the development team, everything is already done, and using it this way, the MOD cannot be tweaked to break the game or perform illegal operations.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

They do not allow mods. Never have. Only overlays that don’t interact with the client.

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Afaik, you can’t use ground targeting with this mod. RIP.

Posted by: Halvaard.1034

Halvaard.1034

You actually MUST use ground targeting, and it acts slightly differently than normal, but it’s easy to adjust to.

Nobody was saying that this should be the only option, that would be silly.
It should be easy enough to toggle in the options if they put some time into it.

Posted by: Binkydink.2697

Binkydink.2697

So is this mod legal or not?

Posted by: segman.3560

segman.3560

Anet will never answer you. Use it at your own risk.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Never could understand the need to use all caps on random words.

Caps are easier than inserting italics…it’s for EMPHASIS (no that was not RANDOM either).

But that aside the combat camera in this game is a huge inconvenience. Targeting and trying to click on foes in a mass of particles is trying at best. Add in that the mouse icon tends to get lost in the confusion it can be more frustrating.

The OPs request is not about fixing the combat camera, but something MUCH more. Also, if you are clicking on targets, I might have found your main problem….try the target selection buttons instead.

While I can respect that you want to have resources placed elsewhere that doesn’t change that this is one way of addressing camera and mouse targeting issues that many players complain about.

It’s not what I want, but what Anet can afford to spend resources on. I certainly support some sort of slider to remove particle and other effects in a Zerg and possibly some type of modification to the RMB issue, but a full revamp of the combat system is simply not needed.

As far as this mod is concerned, use at your own risk is about a simple an answer as you will likely ever get.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Doesn’t this mess up ground targetted skills? (requiring you to face the point you want it and from a certain distance)

Posted by: phantom.1690

phantom.1690

I agree. I bought GW2 early, and love so many aspects of the game. And this ICM mod makes it perfect. It is the only thing that keeps me playing other games that are more action based. I really wish they would add it.

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

Have you tried the Action Camera option?(added about a month ago)

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

Have you tried the Action Camera option?(added about a month ago)

omg, I came back after this was added, so I had no idea. O-M-G!